What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 586,119 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Heart palpitations can be brought on by so much it's crazy. 

SM

SM

Yup.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 05, 2021, 01:36:14 AM
Quote from: SM on May 04, 2021, 09:00:15 PM
I have no idea how literal that last sentence is, but if you can see a doctor without going broke in that ghoulish country of yours you probably should.

UR MUM IS A GHOUL.

Think I read an interview where Anno actually states that the main visual influence were folkloric demons.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The absolute state of takeout food here.

Place 1, burgers/pizza: Greasy, poorly planned menu, hugely overpriced.

Place 2, Indian: Quite good but 20-30 dollars per meal, not worth it when I can cook well myself.

Place 3, Fish and Chips: Excellent quality fish, as you'd expect for a coastal town in the pacific, but they're greedy and try to save a few dollars on electricity by having the oil at too low a temperature. Do you know what happens if you put things in oil that isn't hot enough? They don't cook, they just get soggy. I'm getting acid reflux just thinking about it.

Place 4, Chinese: Dirty front of house, tasteless cardboard mush masquerading as food.

Place 5, Chinese/Fish and Chips: Quite nice Asian meals, acceptable but not great fish/chips. But they seem to be closed more than they're open, with no rhyme or reason to when, so I've completely given up on them because for convenience food, they're massively inconvenient.

Place 6, Subway: There's nothing wrong with Subway, but I'm never going to pay $12 for a sandwich.

Kradan

Kradan

Have a pasta with ketchup. That should cheer you up

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

What is the deal with overpriced burgers, too relatable. We just make our own at this point, cheaper AND better, it's even been not shitty outside enough that we've been using the BBQ.

The only take out I bother with in this town is pizza place, chicken place, and Chinese place.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

FIVE GUYS burgers in the US is ridiculously expensive.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I don't think I've ever had a burger from a takeaway joint.

There's a Nepalese takeaway in the town we've moved too and its f**king nectar from the gods.

Wysps

Wysps

I think the last time I had a decent burger from a fast food place was at a Sonic, like 10 years ago. 

I don't generally trust burger patties from fast food places.  Or burger patties in general.

Kradan

Kradan

There was a small kiosk near my university on my first year of education where I could buy big yummy burger for a reasonable price. And they even added ketchup when I asked for it. But on the second year it wasn't there anymore. I miss these big yummy burgers  :'(

kwisatz

kwisatz

I suppose you began studying in winter semester 1990/91?  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

In this day and age where everybody is becoming ridiculously over-political, I just don't trust other people to make my food. They can go spit on someone else's dinner.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: kwisatz on May 08, 2021, 04:13:46 PM
I suppose you began studying in winter semester 1990/91?  ;D

Nope. What gives ?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on May 08, 2021, 03:58:19 PM
There was a small kiosk near my university on my first year of education where I could buy big yummy burger for a reasonable price. And they even added ketchup when I asked for it. But on the second year it wasn't there anymore. I miss these big yummy burgers  :'(

So wait, your pasta comes with ketchup but you have to specifically ask for it on burgers?

Kradan

Kradan

No, you add ketchup to pasta yourself

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed