Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,807 times)

azrael55

Quote from: TERMINATOR-SSD on Mar 19, 2013, 11:58:06 PM
Hope you guys like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KEskNLMyr0#ws

Ha, that's really funny :) I don't own this game but I watched/read a lot of online reviews and it always bugged me when I saw the pulse rifle with 40/60 rounds... and while the game is mostly trashed by critics a lot of people were saying that they liked the "attention to detail" and I felt like nope, they even f**ked up the ammo for the pulse rifle...

Predaker

Quote from: azrael55 on Mar 22, 2013, 03:29:34 PM
Hope you guys like.

Ha, that's really funny :) I don't own this game but I watched/read a lot of online reviews and it always bugged me when I saw the pulse rifle with 40/60 rounds... and while the game is mostly trashed by critics a lot of people were saying that they liked the "attention to detail" and I felt like nope, they even f**ked up the ammo for the pulse rifle...

It was intentional, not an oversight. Ripley's flamethrower and Hudson's pulse rifle both hold 95 rounds per mag.

azrael55

Quote from: Predaker on Mar 22, 2013, 05:12:36 PM
Hope you guys like.

It was intentional, not an oversight. Ripley's flamethrower and Hudson's pulse rifle both hold 95 rounds per mag.

Ok, maybe this was done intentionally, still a stupid decision imo because in Aliens these pulse rifles weren't any different from the others. And 95 is not 99 ;)

Predaker

Predaker

The film showed 95, not 99. Some games have used 99 though, like AvP for example.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

You know what I think of Aliens: Colonial Marines?

I think with Aliens: Colonial Marines it didn't require any discipline. They merely read what others (the previous movies) had done then they took the next step. They didn't earn the knowledge for themselves, so they don't take any responsibility for it. They stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as they could, and before they even knew what they had, they patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now *bangs on table* you're selling it, you wanna sell it. Well...

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 24, 2013, 03:06:29 AM

I think with Aliens: Colonial Marines it didn't require any discipline. They merely read what others (the previous movies) had done then they took the next step. They didn't earn the knowledge for themselves, so they don't take any responsibility for it. They stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as they could, and before they even knew what they had, they patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now *bangs on table* you're selling it, you wanna sell it. Well...

Condors.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Played A:CM for the first time this morning, got it for £25, I did want to wait until it went lower but really wanted to give it a go myself so I gave in. (It being the first time I've ever really taken in account of reviews before buying a product).

I'm actually enjoying it...yes! ok the graphics are no where near the quality of recent releases such as Halo 4 and is almost certainly not the same game we were shown a few months back which did have much better lighting and visuals, but it has not really bothered me too much to the point where its unbearable to play. I've started on Hardened difficulty after reading how easy the game apparently was, I did find it challenging to be honest... its either because i was tired this morning, im just crap at playing games or the game is actually more challenging now with the new patch updates its been having.

I'm still on the Sulaco so not gone far yet into the game, I've given the multiplayer a quick go and it seems fun enough...but then I have only given it a quick go and no idea when the novelty will where off yet...but yeah its ok.

I can't really rate the game yet, but it seems to be ok and I think ill prob end up agreeing with what OXM had to say about the game... its not as bad as people are making out, but then its no where near as good as Gearbox were letting on it was going be...so that's where the real disappointment is really.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 24, 2013, 03:06:29 AM

This here...THIS.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

What they call discovery, I call the rape of the natural world.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Mar 24, 2013, 01:20:37 PMI'm still on the Sulaco so not gone far yet into the game [...] its not as bad as people are making out

Quit while you're ahead.

predxeno

predxeno

As someone who has beaten the campaign and Platinumed the game, I will say that I can understand why people would dislike this game but I felt that getting all the cool weapon upgrades and such would help make things more fun; this is a connaisseurs' game, the more you play it, the more fun it becomes. (Of course, you have to actually try to like it in order for this to work, haters gonna hate :D)  This game had glaring flaws I'll admit and at times I wanted to throw my controller at the screen (thank god I didn't), but I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets.

Vers

Vers

I like the game and I support Gearbox as they improve the game, but the way in which they developed this game and what they put out, those that are not so forgiving have every right to be.

szkoki

szkoki

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

SM

Quote from: azrael55 on Mar 22, 2013, 08:40:47 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Mar 22, 2013, 05:12:36 PM
Hope you guys like.

Ok, maybe this was done intentionally, still a stupid decision imo because in Aliens these pulse rifles weren't any different from the others. And 95 is not 99 ;)

It's 95 in the film, but they got the flamethrower and pulse rifle around the wrong way in the game if it makes you feel better.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed