Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Engineers and Black Goo?
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 07:45:46 AM
Quote from: Eal on Yesterday at 10:13:19 PMYou mean movie-wise, or what the novel followups do with the plot threads introduced in Cold Forge and Into Charybdis? I've never read em myself so curious.

The novels. Alien: Romulus is the first movie to come out since The Cold Forge was released, and we don't know how it'll handle the subject of the pathogen.
General Discussion / Re: what is your favourite spe...
Last post by oduodu - Today at 07:33:59 AM
righto

Yeah man, I forget exactly how long it is, but you can't just keep replying right after your own post or it appends to the previous post. It takes at least several minutes for that too cool down. You just need to be patient and accept you can't fill a thread with your stuff like that if you want others to contribute too, or at least wait the however many minutes before replying again.
Last post by oduodu - Today at 07:22:25 AM
see i posted 2 links. then made a completely new post (the prometheus 1) and it is not posted as  a new post it gets added to my previous post. it s probably to cut down on overheads and simplify things. understandable.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 07:21:21 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Today at 07:13:31 AMwhen i post 3 links in a specific post and then immediately thereafter another 2 links it adds it to that post. making it 5 links. i have to wait a certain period before posting again for the forum to post it as a new post

IF NO ONE ELSE HAS POSTED AFTER THE THE 1ST POST.

that s the problem.

Why do you need to post dozens of links at once/so quickly? You need to either accept the forum limitations and be patient or honestly, just make a playlist or even a blog and link to it, instead of inviting people to contribute to your thread then making it annoying for them to do so.

ok will do
Quote from: oduodu on Today at 07:13:31 AMwhen i post 3 links in a specific post and then immediately thereafter another 2 links it adds it to that post. making it 5 links. i have to wait a certain period before posting again for the forum to post it as a new post

that s the problem.

Why do you need to post dozens of links at once/so quickly? You need to either accept the forum limitations and be patient or honestly, just make a playlist or even a blog and link to it, instead of inviting people to contribute to your thread then making it annoying for them to do so.

Anyway, your thread should work now if you don't hog all the link slots at once and let it grow organically through other people contributing.
Last post by oduodu - Today at 07:13:31 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 07:04:56 AMThe limit is 20 and there are IIRC 14 posts per forum page. Agreeing to limit yourself to one, or occasionally two per post will absolutely fix the problem.

when i post 3 links in a specific post and then immediately thereafter another 2 links it adds it to that post. making it 5 links. i have to wait a certain period before posting again for the forum to post it as a new post

that s the problem.

that  pulse rifle . amazing sound.

The limit is 20 and there are IIRC 14 posts per forum page. Agreeing to limit yourself to one, or occasionally two per post will absolutely fix the problem.
General Discussion / Re: Re: what is your favourite...
Last post by oduodu - Today at 06:56:44 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 06:48:47 AMYou're not breaking any laws, it's just that if you spam so many links, everyones eventually show up as basic html links, and don't embed like usual. If you only put 1-2 links in each post, everyone could have working links and you could spread yours out between other posts if you have a lot to share - which would make the thread grow faster too.

i think there is an embed count of 10 or so per thread. it was introduced because of my posting on some of my music threads because the pages simply wouldn t load because of all the embedded videos. dont think posting less links per post will change that.

not sure really. but will try do so from now on .
You're not breaking any laws, it's just that if you spam so many links, everyones eventually show up as basic html links, and don't embed like usual. If you only put 1-2 links in each post, everyone could have working links and you could spread yours out between other posts if you have a lot to share - which would make the thread grow faster too.
Last post by oduodu - Today at 06:34:12 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Yesterday at 12:59:34 PMOp added way too many links, topic's f**ked.

kinda agree.

some of the scenes are more the whole scene (soundwise) then a specific scene. cameron does make great sounding scenes .... ala aliens. doesn t get enough recognition for that.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 06:29:40 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Yesterday at 12:59:34 PMOp added way too many links, topic's f**ked.

RIP. It really needs to be 1-2 links per post, including the OP, for this to work (given that forum used to break all the time before the limit was introduced, and there's no mouse-over preview or click-to-embed).

oh shit. i am breaking the  law......

sorry
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed