VFXWorld AvPR Article

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 30, 2007, 05:32:14 PM

Author
VFXWorld AvPR Article (Read 19,224 times)

erjonlazio

erjonlazio

i was very disappointed. i was expecting a much better movie.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

AvP R was a great movie,i don't care what anybody else said.    :)  

andy_07

andy_07

i dont care what anyone else says.  i loved avpr, and will definitely be adding it to my collection when it comes to dvd.  it was a great movie, better then the first one in my opinion.  cant wait to see it again.  all these want-a-be critics need to get a freaking life.  "oh the human acting was bad, the pred home world didnt look like i hoped, its to dark."  DUDE WHAT THE F*** EVER!  great movie, i definitely recommend it to all fans.

Otnip

Otnip

Opps, my bad Hicks    :o    But if you also live in the UK I'd say what I said applies to you too     :)  

Maximus

Maximus

AvP-R was too cheap and too fanboyish for its intentions.  It's around AvP's/Predator 2's level in terms of quality, but far inferior to any of the Alien films.  In fact, it's a real disgrace to them, yes even AR.  You need professional filmmakers doing these films.  Jeaunet, although he made an uneven film, has more filmmaking talent than both Strauses combined.  I doubt there will be an AvP 3, but if there is, Fox needs a real director to make it.  David Twohy or Alex Proyas would be good choices.

killzonewith bladesandteet

David Twohy......interesting idea

Maximus

Maximus

That's only a "what if" scenario.  I don't want another AvP, and I've convinced people not to see AvPR in theaters so Fox doesn't get more money.

eXhale

eXhale

Of course Jean-Pierre Jeunet has more directing skills than the Strauses, after all he made A Very Long Engagement and Amelie, think of the Strauses doing these movies... *cough* but he was somewhat in the wrong place, I think, and the script was bad for Alien Resurrection. Not as bad as AVP2's script, though... I really hope that some of the people from the original movies will now want to redeem the franchise and make one or two proper movies (Alien 5 hopefully) and then be done with it.   This whole AvP idea has failed the way Fox did it. They might try to do a third one, but if you look at the figures, the second AvP movie will probably make something about 70, 80 million perhaps in cinemas in total and that's not even half of what the first one made. so if there's a third one they probably won't be spending more money on it than they did on the second one. which means - not enough money for a decent script / actors / the setting / effects etc... so a third one would probably be even worse than the second. Hopefully they never decide to turn the alien / predator franchise into direct-to-dvd movies...

Biz

Biz

Just got back from my second viewing. I honestly thought it was even better the second time! When you already have an idea of what is about to happen it seems to pace itself better. I noticed a lot of things that I missed the first time. The theater was sold out and all my friends thought it was excellent!  People are hating on this movie simply because they wanted something different. I knew what we were gonna get and it exceeded my expectations.

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

David Twohy? he did Pitch Black, right? I LOVE that film, yeah I've seen other Twohy films and I've liked them alot, he would be a good choice!

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

Miximus, its a catch 22. telling people not to go see in the hope it won't make much money and they won't to another bad sequel. but then if what if they do a better film? How do you know the next one will be IT? I'd rather chance seeing more crap films come along, but I still want to see films from both characters coming, bring them all on, but please make them GOOD! Let the people whi give a damn about both series to do the film, not a bunch who don't give a shit. Thats what we need here.

JK

JK

After AVP-R what movie would you like to see ?  maybe in a  faaaaaaaaaar away future.  Alien 5, P3 or AVP3.  Happy new year.   ;D     ;D     ;D  

rchin1

rchin1

I love AVP-R  I watch it 5 times    :)   I give a shit what anybody say I still enjoy it    :)     :)     :)  

Max

Max

Wolf'sGirl: They should have done a good AvP when the first one made $170 million worldwide.  Anderson got a fairly low budget ($60 million) and they hacked up his script and rushed the production, and AvP was the result.  Watchable but below par.    Still, the movie was a huge global hit and made almost 3 times more than it cost.  You would think that Fox would give the sequel a bigger budget and get in some great actors and a great director to make the best movie possible so that it's an even bigger hit.  Fox didn't do that.  Instead, they gave AvP 2 HALF the budget of the original!  That's unheard of.  They hired a hack screenwriter, a bunch of TV stars, and two special effects guys to make the movie.  AvPR should have been sent straight to DVD.    So why would Fox suddenly be our friend if we give them money for AvP 2?  They're NEVER going to make the big, epic AvP that fans want.    The only way to teach them is if we don't pay for garbage.  If we do that, it'll send a message to them that we expect good filmmaking.    This may either kill the franchise or re-start the Alien series (it's been almost 18 years since a stand-alone Predator film, I think that's pretty much dead), but at least we won't get a crappier, cheaper AvP 3.

killzonewith bladesandteet

Maximus | 30 Dec 2007 22:45 21  That's only a "what if" scenario. I don't want another AvP, and I've convinced people not to see AvPR in theaters so Fox doesn't get more money. ?  I don't understand that mentality at all                            :-[     :-[  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed