New IGN Prey: Predator Legacy Featurette

Started by ace3g, Aug 01, 2022, 05:10:42 PM

Author
New IGN Prey: Predator Legacy Featurette (Read 6,203 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

It's really unfortunate that so many critic reviews on different websites will be literally a 1 star or similar equivalent, just because the lead character is a female and they can't handle it. So they give it a bad score despite most likely not even seeing the movie themselves or they did and likewise could not handle a lead female fighting the Predator despite it never being about physical strength, dutch got thrown around like a ragdoll in the first film and he was the Terminator for crying out loud.

Kradan

It's very exhausting and tiresome

Lionhart

Lionhart

Men that attack female lead characters are scared little girly men. In real life they hide under the bed with their computer.

Corporal Hicks

It's not "woke". Naru isn't a Mary Sue. Her character is well defined and developed, learning and developing as the film goes on. We see her failing and improving. Her being a female doesn't even really play into it that I remember. Not that massive of a spoiler but just in case.

Spoiler
It was more about them believing that Naru is able to offer the camp more from her medical skills than go out hunting.
[close]

Spartansniper619

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2022, 08:12:48 AMIt's not "woke". Naru isn't a Mary Sue. Her character is well defined and developed, learning and developing as the film goes on. We see her failing and improving. Her being a female doesn't even really play into it that I remember. Not that massive of a spoiler but just in case.

Spoiler
It was more about them believing that Naru is able to offer the camp more from her medical skills than go out hunting.
[close]

I really appreciate your position on this, thanks for standing against this kind of dumb, toxic excess of masculinism, and sorry If I'm nitpicking, but I think we really need to STOP giving
 any credit to this "Mary Sue Theory" bullshit, It's driving me mad how people talk about it like it's a real real thing and like it's only bad writting which involves women...

Necronomicon II

God forbid a woman can fail and learn, fail and learn some more, use her instincts and ingenuity, evolve, adapt... The irony is that the original was a complete satire of masculine stereotypes (McTiernan's commentary makes it quite clear). Morons screaming about "wokeness" (for sure there can be excesses but that's the case with every topic/subject since...forever lol) really aren't thinking. Not to mention they haven't seen the damn movie yet. 😂

Have secured an exclusive fan screening at the Astor in Melbourne, Australia tomorrow night. Can't wait!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Holy shit everything becomes so polĂ­tical these days because of these bastards, but for better for worse, the Entertaining is polĂ­tical.  :-X

These are just pejorative terms used by far-right people. Usually misogynists, anti-science / anti-critical thinking individuals, religious fanatics, fascists, etc.

I think they should drop their political bias and offer genuine criticism instead.

Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 02, 2022, 07:14:38 AMlittle girly men.

Hey! I'm like that, but I don't hate women. 😂

Corporal Hicks

Alrighty, let's steer off that topic now please.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed