Multiplayer / PC - which is stronger, Marine or Xeno?

Started by Esoteric_Voyage, Feb 13, 2013, 10:53:30 AM

Author
Multiplayer / PC - which is stronger, Marine or Xeno? (Read 2,453 times)

Esoteric_Voyage

I'm not sure if there is a difference in the game types, or  the platform versions, but in my experience, there is absolutely no way the ALIENS are weak, in fact i think they are little overpowered.  (i have been sticking to team deathmatch pretty much for now)

im on the PC version, 7 times out of 10, xeno's own marines in team death match.  as an xeno, i kill marines easier than killing xeno's as a marine.

i never feel soft. i usually take several BURTS of bullets before i go down. and about another 3 bursts  of bullets if i get a melee/special attack on the marine ( takes a lot of bullets to interrupt it, most the time i get the kill before i die).

as a marine, i find it an actual struggle to kill xeno's on my own. yes i know the game needed balance and incentive to keep marines from going lone wolf. but this is too much. as a marine, i should be able to own an xeno 1vs1 if i am seeing him from distance and shooting him down. instead, a xeno is coming at me from a mile away, i will hit him with at least 6 bullets ( a burst and a half by the time he is near or begins to leap a super-man's jump toward me, when he lands next to me, i unload about 2 - 3 bursts into him even while aiming down sight up close, and he still kills me with 2 quick claw attacks, sometimes even 1!

the only gun that feels like it actually can win against an xeno securely, and realistically, is the smart gun. its the Only one.

in Campaign / Single player, pulse rifle is a bit stronger. way it should be, maybe even more so.

does anyone else feel the same way? is it different in the othr modes?

i notice alot of people saying the Xeno's are overpowered. i'm rank 13 as an xeno, i usually play soldier. 

Elicas

Overwhelming consensus is marines are easiest to play and have the edge, and that TDM is shit.

Porkus Maximus

In TDM/extermination Aliens seem to be absolute power-houses once they unlock enough perks. I've nailed warrior aliens with a flame grenade full in the chest at close range and they just keep on coming.  In survival/escape it seems to be the complete opposite.

I predict that once all perks unlock Aliens will just steamroll TDM/extermination while survival/escape will actually be pretty balanced.

Cal427eb

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 14, 2013, 02:55:24 AM
In TDM/extermination Aliens seem to be absolute power-houses once they unlock enough perks. I've nailed warrior aliens with a flame grenade full in the chest at close range and they just keep on coming.  In survival/escape it seems to be the complete opposite.

I predict that once all perks unlock Aliens will just steamroll TDM/extermination while survival/escape will actually be pretty balanced.
This. Right now the Marines are steamrolling over everybody but once people learn how to play as the Alien and their controls get a patch(hopefully), I can see them taking over. I had already seen some of it starting to happen earlier today where I would hit them with a grenade launcher, riddle them with bullets, shoot them with my shotgun and I would still get killed somehow.

Right now though the Marines are way stronger.

Xhan

Xhan

the main problem is marine basics >>>> alien advances.

Just like AvP2, the simple marine jump negates a gigantic chunk of the alien arsenal, and then add that you can super ken dragon punch elbow while jumping, and several weapons don't suffer from loss of LOS while jumping, which means back jumping headshots are perfectly viable.

The Spitter is like the Runner, sounds great with stats and abilities on paper and runs ass off in the early level match set ups, but there are four pieces of gear which render him useless once you get them, leaving the bulk of work to be done the Warrior class because of the Lurker's laggy jumps.

Broken.

Aceburster

I finally tried it, I cant see how people even play in 3rd person as an alien. That being said some of their perks must be crazy strong because you can put a clip into some of their faces and they still dont go down. I dont really know what to think except the spawn killing is worse than AvP TDM.

ChanceVance

Yeah I have to agree that the difficulty of the Xeno's you face in TDM comes largely down to what perks the player has on their Alien.I've had an even spread of matches where the Marines absolutely massacre the Xeno's and others where the Xeno's curb-stomp the Marines.

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: Aceburster on Feb 16, 2013, 04:57:20 AM
I finally tried it, I cant see how people even play in 3rd person as an alien. That being said some of their perks must be crazy strong because you can put a clip into some of their faces and they still dont go down. I dont really know what to think except the spawn killing is worse than AvP TDM.

Hardened carapace turns the soldier xeno into a friggin' tank in TDM but it seems to be a necessity for escape/survival if you actually want to survive long enough to land a hit.

101ST Phoenix [LTCO]

So far  after 20+ hours of game play and multiplayer it feels to me that the Alien is far better than the marine. I prefer to play as Marine but the one thing that annoys me is the pulse rifle damage seems to low, maybe bring it the damage up by 2 points and lower the fire rate and accuracy by 1 point each would bring it into balance.

Just my thoughts

WinterActual

I prefer to play as xeno. Its way better and way more powerful. The marines can win as a team pretty easily but as individual the xeno is great power.

TheRaven

I prefer to play as the alien, the odds between both seem okay to me to be honest.
Even if alien players get the best perks, if the marines stick together they usually win (in my experience anyway) but if there's a crusher about the odds are turned against the marine pretty quickly, unless you find a rocket launcher :p

Inverse Effect

Aliens by far. Alot of the marine weapons on multiplayer have too much recoil to be effect. Everyone just uses the pulse rifle and claymores.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed