Alien Covenant Shower Scene - Extended Death

Started by cafam2000, Apr 20, 2022, 05:52:33 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Shower Scene - Extended Death (Read 27,504 times)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

The tail grab is creepy. I'd have preferred that stay in. The window tackle could go.

But then again, if the film cut away after the tail sliding between her legs, audiences would complain that it's exactly the same as Lambert's death. (And that whole final sequence aboard the Covenant is already too similar to the first film.)

St_Eddie

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 24, 2022, 07:36:28 PM
I'm not sure whether I prefer it to the original scene, though I think it would be easier to decide without that stupid music

I already edited the video to remove the obnoxious soundtrack and posted a link to it on the previous page.

LINK

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: David Weyland on Apr 23, 2022, 02:05:22 PM
Shame, I think everyone can agree that both prequels are much better films, almost excellent when extended by all the extras evidenced by the best fancuts
If they had been released like that, pretty confident the hate would be considerably less but hey ho here we are

I think when David was explaining to Oram and the others about his arrival with Dr. Shaw, the Crossing flashback would have been a good fit, but only that part. The genocide on the Engineers is fine in the theatrical cut order (the ozimandias poem and all that).

David Weyland

David Weyland

Referencing The Chaos edition fancuts, I think Prometheus benefits more from the extended scenes

I watched the Covenant one and it threw nearly everything extra in it and it was flirting from a distance at 3 hours 😄

It was a little bit too much but what it achieved is an epicness and a bigger emotional investment made (for the time spent taken to watch somewhat I admit) but for example the photo of the Covenant crew shown towards the end was kinda moving & wonderfully sad 😄

But setting that aside, despite The Last Supper omission, Evanus made the best Covenant edit with the Crossing spliced but in the right places, could be wrong but as I recall the main chunk of it is when Walter confronts David to fess up and it's classy placed there

Anyway off topic sorry 😄

Immortan Jonesy

You mean after Shaw's body is discovered? But yeah, back to topic  :laugh:

worriors

Nice deleted scene. But i hate that music.

BlueMarsalis79

Really really want that Prometheus Ninth Circle Edition.

Stitch

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 25, 2022, 06:40:29 PM
Yep. Same here.

dave1978

Its a good scene but no way should it be in the movie.  After what they have just been through having a jump in the shower would be the last thing on their minds,  even if she is rather sexy.

Kane's other son

Those were onboard the Covenant, not planetside.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 26, 2022, 10:10:08 AM
Yep. Same here.

Hopefully sometime this year.

SiL

Quote from: dave1978 on Apr 26, 2022, 11:16:29 AM
Its a good scene but no way should it be in the movie.  After what they have just been through having a jump in the shower would be the last thing on their minds,  even if she is rather sexy.
The shower part is in the movie, the attack is what's extended.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Apr 24, 2022, 07:43:52 PM
The tail grab is creepy. I'd have preferred that stay in. The window tackle could go.

But then again, if the film cut away after the tail sliding between her legs, audiences would complain that it's exactly the same as Lambert's death. (And that whole final sequence aboard the Covenant is already too similar to the first film.)

Yeah, but nothing compared to Giger's sketches. NSFW

Spoiler

Valaquen

Me too. Love the Chaos edition and wanna see how Ninth Circle Edition changes it.

Nukiemorph

And now it's gone from the AVPG YouTube as well. I assume Disney copyright claimed?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed