Prey sequel ideas

Started by Yautja888, Aug 14, 2022, 10:37:03 AM

Author
Prey sequel ideas (Read 14,672 times)

Bobby Buttnugget

Bobby Buttnugget

How about flip the premise and have a culture/civilization capture/hunt the predator? This would be cool if set in Africa. Maybe China/Japan/Russia?

As long as it is well done (may be asking way too much) I'm good with it.

No more indians unless it is set in India.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

If Amber Midthunder's an Indian then I'm a goddamn Chinaman, she's a Native American, get it right next time man. 

Master

Master

Quote from: Bobby Buttnugget on Aug 21, 2022, 02:45:37 PMHow about flip the premise and have a culture/civilization capture/hunt the predator? This would be cool if set in Africa. Maybe China/Japan/Russia?

Russians can go f**k themselves.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 21, 2022, 03:41:00 PMIf Amber Midthunder's an Indian then I'm a goddamn Chinaman, she's a Native American, get it right next time man. 

You must blame Columbus for that shit.

SiL

SiL

Somehow I don't think somebody named Bobby Buttnugget gives a shit about proper nomenclature.

Yautja888

Yautja888

Quote from: Bobby Buttnugget on Aug 21, 2022, 02:45:37 PMHow about flip the premise and have a culture/civilization capture/hunt the predator? This would be cool if set in Africa. Maybe China/Japan/Russia?

She has norwegian and british roots as well from her mother I believe.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Master on Aug 21, 2022, 07:31:36 PMRussians can go f**k themselves.

I'd watch adaptation of Cold War. Give me a Predator slashing some Soviets

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 21, 2022, 09:01:06 PM

Perhaps a Russian soldier who ends up as a political prisoner escapes the gulag, only to end up being hunted by the Predator and guards sent to bring him back.

Master

Master

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 21, 2022, 10:58:53 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 21, 2022, 09:01:06 PM

Perhaps a Russian soldier who ends up as a political prisoner escapes the gulag, only to end up being hunted by the Predator and guards sent to bring him back.

For me it's as bad idea as Predator with nazi germans. Those things reminds the genocide and death camps. Not a good vibe for s-f action movie.

ZergVsProtoss

ZergVsProtoss

Feudal Japan is probably the one I want to see the most and I'm glad to see it echo'd so much.

Breaking away from the historical films (which I do love!), I think a movie taking place in the future would also be fun.  Super biased but I want to see Colonel Marines with Pulse Rifles going against the best hunters in the galaxy.

See the recent Predator comic from Marvel for a rough idea on the time period.

ace3g

nanison

nanison

None of these appeal to me, nor did the Prey timeline but it worked I guess.
I want the predator to be the intergalactic hunter he is, fighting other creatures on alien planets.
If you really want it to fight on earth why don't you pick the dinosaur age.

I get it no dialogue and humans in my picks so impossible.

Master

Master

Because it was 65 milion years ago

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

A bigger budget take on Predators, this time, with a bunch of weird monsters dropped into the preserve perhaps even certain dinosaurs and the characters have to survive both them and the Predators themselves... Plus you could resolve Royce and Isabelle's story if you so choose.

nanison

nanison

A predator movie does not need dialogue or human characters imo.
but for that to happens I can only see a bunch of shorts being made and probably not even live action. Honestly it would be better than any of the movies we got post predator (1987).

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Human characters and how they are written are what make it interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed