Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 314,419 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

One place you could go with any sequel is the death of her brother haunting her and her realizing there's more. That Naru would become far more protective given the threat they face. And that would be in addition to her new role where she's expected to hunt and fight. And that could lead to conflict, she knows how a Predator operates, so her not fighting back to let it ignore them makes sense. However to those who feel superior or just don't know she might come off as cowardly.

That could then lead to Greyback as given when the ships show up, Greyback probably arrived shortly thereafter. Greyback to parallel Naru might be new to the role himself as Elder. And he's probably seen his fair share of hunters die young which is also something you can illustrate with Feral. Given how shortly the ships arrive after Feral's death, Grayback might take the death similar to how Naru did for Tabbe. We have seen Wolf mourn Bull, but Grayback might've actually known Feral. I could imagine Grayback would be looking for whatever Naru took from Feral's body and be out for revenge. Ultimately I could see the two parting ways amicably because they not only have to survive but both would be going through similar journeys at this point in their lives. They'd see a lot of themselves in each other and go the unusual route of gaining mutual respect (respect since I don't see the movies killing a protagonist and Grayback has to survive).

I'd be fine with her fate being ambiguous for a sequel. Not open ended, but that whether Grayback killed her or not would allow Naru to take on a mythology and play with the EU a bit since she could become an in-universe legend allowing her some influence beyond her character's lifespan.

Yeaok

Yeaok

Dear God haven't they shit on this franchise enough?

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

I really wish they apply the lessons learned from the success of Prey to a new setting, instead of trying to create a "more of the same" direct sequel.

PVC

PVC

Hi.  No please no sequel. Yes it's definitely time to move on from that timeline. Please no more crap like that. Please after all this time, I would like to see a reel predator like it was in the good old time when reel directors made reel good movies   Again , please ; no sequel to this movie. Thanks not to make it. Thank you very much to forget it.
Regards

426Buddy

426Buddy

After Prey I trust DT to make a great follow-up regardless of the details. He can do what he wants.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 23, 2023, 02:14:16 PMAfter Prey I trust DT to make a great follow-up regardless of the details. He can do what he wants.

Best take.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I don't really want direct sequels in this franchise, but I'm sure Trachtenberg will come up with something interesting.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Honestly, if anyone doesn't want direct sequels, there shouldn't be any open ended endings or anything like that at all because you know people will want more and you'll never hear the end of it  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean we shouldn't have any. I've also been a bit disappointed we never got a continuation of Predators, or that we didn't see Harrigan or Dutch return (it's why I was so excited for his return in Hunting Grounds). I'd be quite happy to see a continuation of Prey.

But I wouldn't turn my nose up at Dan doing something entirely new as well.

SiL

SiL

Friday the 13th threw a recurring protagonist in at the 4th entry (Tommy Jarvis, 4-6), so it's not even unprecedented to switch from connected-but-individual entries to direct sequels late in a franchise's history.

Jason Todd Voorhees

Jason Todd Voorhees

Interesting...I wonder what the title would be lol.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Prey 2

Master Chief

Master Chief

Prey 2: Eat, Prey, Love

I'll see myself out.

Stitch

Stitch

Prey 2: The Gods

Engineer

Engineer

I'm really shocked no one has suggested "preys" yet

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed