Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,158 times)

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

Yeh, they've totally talked about something. I've actually been thinking about this for a minute and considering how Dan initially had wanted to market PREY, he'll probably get more of a say with a second film after the success of the first, we may not get official word about a sequel until after photography and maybe even the first teaser. Unless the trades announce it when they're not supposed to, again.

Kradan

Kradan

Ha, so you think Dan might try to pull off the whole "secret Predator movie" with the sequel ? I would be interested to see how he would go around doing it

Clubroot

Clubroot

Its a possibility for sure with how the recent wave of hollywood films have been going. Most likely its going to be streaming again. Any word on the Prey Blu Ray release?

guardian

guardian

Naru vs Elder pred

Master Chief

Master Chief

I really enjoyed Prey, but it's time to move on from that timeline.

Rankles75

Rankles75

I'm definitely up for a sequel!  :)  Out of interest, who did Amber lose out to for Best Actress in a Movie Made for Television?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I would love to see her meet Greyback.

Master Chief

Master Chief

They should've handled that at the end of Prey.  She could've said "take it".

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Though it'd be curious if they explored the set up of the Elder Predator GreyBack's encounter with Naru obtaining Raphael's flintlock filling the back story of Predator 2 but annoyingly its more than likely it'll fall into development hell before they decide to REBOOT AGAIN, which would be a shame since how much a success Prey was. It'd be neat to return with Naru in another entry since the Predator movies for the most part never follow the same protagonist in the sequel, the movies are episodic in nature (though AvP Requiem technically payed off the PredAlien set up at the end of the previous film).
But I'd be up for a follow up to Prey or even other various historically set genre bending Predator projects, here's to a hopeful future.

Dr. Von Predator

Dr. Von Predator

Quote from: Clubroot on Jan 17, 2023, 03:13:36 PMIts a possibility for sure with how the recent wave of hollywood films have been going. Most likely its going to be streaming again. Any word on the Prey Blu Ray release?

Doubtful we'll get a blu-ray or 4K release. And even if it's a possibility, it would all depend on the Hulu exclusive rights and whether it has an expiration date.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Master Chief on Jan 17, 2023, 08:23:58 PMThey should've handled that at the end of Prey.  She could've said "take it".
Issue is that Greyback knows how to speak that phrase in english while Naru speaks Comanche throughout the film (its only in english for convenience sake, remember?)

So going with that, unless they pull a universal translator on us as The Predator did to my ire, must have been a point in time where she learned it from an englishman or another european person that can speak english and said it to Greyback in at least one encounter. Its all guesswork here to be honest, so I have no idea how much water my thought bucket is actually holding here.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

I loved Prey. I felt that Amber and the rest of the cast were amazing and did the Predator justice. I'm all for a Prey sequel, just not exactly centered around Naru. I'd love LOVE to see a samurai piece. Perhaps start with Nauru's tribe then shift focus to feudal Japan. The samurai were prominent from 1100s to the 1800s. "It can be done!"

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

I've been maintaining for a while now that I'd love to see a sequel where Naru ends up in Japan and meets the Onna-Bugeisha (female samurai).

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

The key is how they will explore the Naru character further. In some sense, her character arc was complete in Prey. So how they will continue with the Naru character would be an interesting challenge. And obviously, as mentioned already here, the storyline will have to feature Greyback somehow.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Cougerboy on Jan 21, 2023, 01:37:58 AMThe key is how they will explore the Naru character further. In some sense, her character arc was complete in Prey. So how they will continue with the Naru character would be an interesting challenge. And obviously, as mentioned already here, the storyline will have to feature Greyback somehow.
I would love to see her character development as an experienced hunter showing her tribe the ropes of new fighting and hunting tactics. Also, I wanted to see some more interesting character relationships with future new characters, have some fun chemistry ya know? Also feeling the loss of a her brother haunting her, wondering how things might be different and how that will affect her decision making in protecting her tribe, seeing that she is the new War Chief after all. Also, I think being hunted by a alien from outerspace would kind of mess with her mind a bit, ya know? There are ways to go about it and I hope it's more complex, which the sequel should no longer fear after keeping it pure and simple, it can take two steps forward into something new.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed