Noomi Rapace joins Alien Covenant

Started by Gazz, Jun 20, 2016, 10:34:00 PM

Author
Noomi Rapace joins Alien Covenant (Read 27,227 times)

Gazz

Gazz

Mr. Clemens

Good news: she's a big part of the saga, and shouldn't be swept aside even though some people found her convictions annoying.

Bad news: if they're rewriting this film while they're filming it, after all these years of writing, we're in big trouble.

[EDIT: Holy cow! 1000 posts!  :D]

NickisSmart

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 20, 2016, 10:50:03 PM
Good news: she's a big part of the saga, and shouldn't be swept aside even though some people found her convictions annoying.

Bad news: if they're rewriting this film while they're filming it, after all these years of writing, we're in big trouble.

Well, Alien was pretty flexibly produced, even during filming. Budget constraints and all.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 20, 2016, 10:57:38 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 20, 2016, 10:50:03 PM

Well, Alien was pretty flexibly produced, even during filming. Budget constraints and all.

True, but it can be argued that Alien3 (which I love) suffered a dissimilar fate.

windebieste

They won't be rewriting it.  She's been in Sydney for weeks.  This reveal - if it's true - was bound to happen sooner or later. 

I love Noomi as an actor but felt she was mis-cast in the role of Shaw.  I don't feel that she brought any of her acting strengths we've seen her perform elsewhere, particularly 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'; especially given the material she had to work with in 'Prometheus'.

Nonetheless, I'm glad we will see her return in her role to lend some much needed continuity between 'Prometheus' and 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  So glad to hear this News overall.  I don't think it will surprise anyone that she's appearing (reprising) as a major role for the new movie.

...now just waiting for this News confirmation from Official Sources, that is, 20th Century Fox.

-Windebieste.

Giger Beast

This makes me so happy.

Pvt. Himmel

I told you that was her in pic.

Yes I'm ready to receive your various gifts,and offerings you may begin. 8)

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jun 20, 2016, 11:07:47 PM
I told you that was her in pic.

Yes I'm ready to receive your various gifts,and offerings you may begin. 8)

You saw a fuzzy black blob in a photo and deduced that it was Noomi Rapace.

Holy moly... maybe this smudge of jam on my toast really IS the face of Jesus!  :D

Pvt. Himmel

:D

Enoch

Enoch

HA HA HA HA  ;D

I expected this.
Ridley like to play with fans...

whiterabbit

Well it's about bloody time. Now what the hell is she supposed to do?

windebieste

Hot chick with decapitated robot head for companion both on board an Alien spacecraft capable of destroying worlds...  Maybe Scott will change the title yet again and rename the movie 'ALIEN: LEXX'. 

BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

-Windebieste.

Enoch

Enoch

QuoteBound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.  - Written by Twentieth Century Fox

That Synopsis is still strange! If Shaw is in the movie how can David be sole inhabitant of "Paradise"???
That can prove my theory that Shaw isnt on the same place with David? :o ???

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 20, 2016, 11:35:23 PM
Well it's about bloody time. Now what the hell is she supposed to do?

It's interesting - what is she going to do? I feel her "there is only death here now" transmission will be intercepted... and the crew of the Covenant will say, "let's go there!"  :D

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 20, 2016, 11:03:22 PM

I love Noomi as an actor but felt she was mis-cast in the role of Shaw.  I don't feel that she brought any of her acting strengths we've seen her perform elsewhere, particularly 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'; especially given the material she had to work with in 'Prometheus'.

I rewatched Prometheus yesterday, and I think she's really good in it.  Particularly the surgery scene.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed