Meet Walter - 10th March - New Viral

Started by Anthony, Mar 08, 2017, 07:03:03 PM

Author
Meet Walter - 10th March - New Viral (Read 69,692 times)

Scorpio

My post is better  :P but sometimes I don't have time to read through 9 pages.  My mistake.

Prez

Prez

Some of the smartest and classiest product placement I've seen in a while. Well done AMD and Ridley.

But your products end up killing people. Just saying ;-)

Xenomorphine

I really do hate AMD being referenced in this. The moment that company ceases to exist or gets a change of brand name after merging with another, it's permanently screwed up.

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 10, 2017, 03:12:44 PM
Doesn't he say we are Walter?

You're right! My mistake.

Quote from: Molecules on Mar 10, 2017, 04:31:48 PM
Disclaimer at bottom of frame, during the lobby scene, reads:
"Matchmaking interview and DNA screening required. Customers with genetic abnormalities may not meet requirements for safety certification. No refunds after consciousness imprint. Default payments will forfeit DNA rights in perpetuity."

So the Walters are custom-made slaves, to fit DNA profile of their owners.

Well, that makes zero sense. Faulty DNA wouldn't affect how you instruct a robot, any more than it affects your ability to use a keyboard or speak to a Siri-alike.

Molecules

Molecules

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 10, 2017, 11:45:43 PM
My post is better  :P but sometimes I don't have time to read through 9 pages.  My mistake.

Actually we work in tandem, as you bothered to produce a screenshot, and mine has the matching framing (with the glass cubicle in the background of both!)

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 10, 2017, 11:54:27 PM

"Matchmaking interview and DNA screening required. Customers with genetic abnormalities may not meet requirements for safety certification. No refunds after consciousness imprint. Default payments will forfeit DNA rights in perpetuity."

So the Walters are custom-made slaves, to fit DNA profile of their owners.

Well, that makes zero sense. Faulty DNA wouldn't affect how you instruct a robot, any more than it affects your ability to use a keyboard or speak to a Siri-alike.

I don't quite get what they're getting at either. Maybe the idea is that by this point we've cured most disease etc by having perfected bio genetics, 'Gattaca' and designer babies for the rich have happened, and we have retained 20th century property law which is of course written by and for the likes of Weyland-Yutani.

Maybe 'abnormalities' refers to genetic predisposition to violence, etc. They don't want any potentially unstable consciousness imprinted on Walter models.

Alionic

I really liked this Walter infomercial. It's as creepy as it is intriguing. Here's hoping the David vs. Walter scenes in the actual movie crush it.

D88M

D88M

now we know that the shot of Fassbender in the Covenant teaser is Walter and not David, so he openign scene will probably feature him with Weyland and not David, interesting

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Molecules on Mar 10, 2017, 11:41:15 PM
Does anybody read these threads before posting, or is it a noob thing? At least we're all on the same page..

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 10, 2017, 05:46:59 PM
Anyone else notice the small disclaimer text, insinuating that Walter "imprints" on whoever he interviews with and / or serves. This prompts a "no refunds" statement by Weyland-Yutani, as it seems each Walter unit is capable of developing an alternate personality based on who they "imprint" on and associate with. 8)

So the Walters are custom-made slaves, to fit DNA profile of their owners. The 'we' collectivity removes any nagging doubts of individuality/self-determination.

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 10, 2017, 11:06:05 PM
I got a bit of a 2001 vibe from that viral.

Quote from: Molecules on Mar 10, 2017, 03:51:32 PM
Add a creator's head statue + 2001 kitsch = that lobby scene

Actually I didn't read your post when I posted mine newbie.

echobbase79

Pvt. Himmel do you think Walter will take over David's personality like it hints in the disclaimer in the new viral?

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 11, 2017, 01:19:11 AM

Pvt. Himmel do you think Walter will take over David's personality like it hints in the disclaimer in the new viral?

Well the 4chan leaks suggest that
Spoiler
David kills Walter and impersonates him.
[close]

BonesawT101

Loving this viral. "We are Walter."
Also that scene at the end totally reminds of the lobby scene in 2001 to me too.

whiterabbit

You know, I was kind of nerved about the whole AMD thing but then it dawned on me, David probably has a chip stamped with "Intel Inside". Suddenly everything's alright again.  :laugh:

Also the bugger just needs some juices and grows himself, like a goddamn terminator!

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 11, 2017, 02:00:44 AM
You know, I was kind of nerved about the whole AMD thing but then it dawned on me, David probably has a chip stamped with "Intel Inside". Suddenly everything's alright again.  :laugh:

Also the bugger just needs some juices and grows himself, like a goddamn terminator!

Ugh.

Ultramorph

I was expecting more footage to come out of SXSW. Oh well, the movie is soon enough.

echobbase79

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 11, 2017, 01:27:20 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 11, 2017, 01:19:11 AM

Well the 4chan leaks suggest that
Spoiler
David kills Walter and impersonates him.
[close]

Is that really big spoiler? I want to look at it, but I'm not sure.

XENOMORPHOSIS

I wonder how they're going to handle David and Walter's interaction, if they have much at all. It would be a total wasted opportunity if they didn't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed