Alien³ 30th Anniversary 2022

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Mar 28, 2022, 08:48:52 AM

Will you be celebrating it in any fashion?

Yes and I expect something substantial from 20th Century Studios
4 (11.1%)
Yes and I expect nothing substantial from 20th Century Studios
20 (55.6%)
No and I expect something substantial from 20th Century Studios
2 (5.6%)
No and I expect nothing substantial from 20th Century Studios
10 (27.8%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author
Alien³ 30th Anniversary 2022 (Read 12,704 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

For me the answer's pretty obvious.
As it is the always underappreciated underdog to my eyes, additionally the film got me into Alien overall in general and probably studying film because of Charles de Lauzirika's documentaries. Today it remains incomplete, I wish that could change but do not expect it ever to, for a long time I hoped that might change by this year. Whether you love it or hate it or believe it middle of the road, it will always be a fascinating thing and I honestly think that's worth more than something simply being just a good time.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 28, 2022, 08:48:52 AM
the film that got me into Alien in general

That's quite an introduction !  ;)

I love Alien 3. As of right now it's my personal favourite out of the original trilogy, despite its flaws and how seemingly bleak and hopeless it is. The setting itself is probably my favourite aspect of the movie, I love how Fury's prison looks. I also love how it went back straight back to one Xeno, IMO it made Ripley's confrontation with it feel much more personal. Oh, and the Goldental's score - truly a work of art

Just saw the poll. Yes, I will definitely celebrate and I expect juicy in-depth 3+ hours long retrospective podcast hosted by Corporal, RidgeTop, Xenomorphine, Vodoo and Omegamorph

Corporal Hicks

I've always enjoyed the film from the first watching - and I still do to this day. I know it has its flaws, but I just enjoy it as much as the first two regardless and it's an absolutely fascinating film to learn about. I don't expect Fox to do anything, but we'll certainly be doing a retrospective podcast and hopefully an interview or two. That said, we did our best Alien 3 interview already, I think - CdL.

Nightmare Asylum

Yes, and I expect nothing from 20th.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 28, 2022, 11:48:13 AM
I've always enjoyed the film from the first watching - and I still do to this day. I know it has its flaws, but I just enjoy it as much as the first two regardless and it's an absolutely fascinating film to learn about...

You have pretty much said what I was going to say  :)  I remember when Alien 3 was first released and my mum renting it on VHS on its release day....which she did through gritted teeth lol.  It was two years after I first saw Aliens which made me an instant fan.  Alien 3 is the first Alien film I remember its release and I can still remember the anticipation and excitement waiting to see it.  I became obsessed with cut/deleted scenes from the Alien movies after the Aliens special edition was released and became even more interested in them after learning about Alien 3 and what was cut from the final film further down the line.  Same with Alien.  Seeing the Alien 3 workprint for the first time in the 90s was huge for me as it was the only 'uncut' version available at the time.  Even though I love the first three films equally when it comes to reading and learning about the films I find myself reading more about Alien & Alien 3 than I do Aliens.  The Alien 3 Assembly cut was a dream come true for me as a fan.

Whiskeybrewer

Alien 3 was my intro to the series. Now while i dont expect much to be done for its 30th anniversary. I would love something

kwisatz

kwisatz

This thread has my sword cuz Alien 3 is le shit.

Corporal Hicks

Good news! I actually got responses to my interview requests. One is a sure thing, the other is still being discussed.  :)

Kradan

Kradan

Eeeeeeee  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 29, 2022, 07:36:03 AM
Good news! I actually got responses to my interview requests. One is a sure thing, the other is still being discussed.  :)

That's fantastic!!!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes and I expect nothing substantial from 20th Century Studios

All they've done with Alien3 all these years is making bundles with it lmao

BlueMarsalis79

Pretty sure the whole Anthology documentaries thing only exists because of CDL's interested in Alien³ though, and ditto for the Special Edition, so that's not necessarily that true.

SiL

SiL

Alien Quadrilogy was 19 years ago. They've not done much with it since but re-release on Blu 12 years ago.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Also true, sadly we don't get much for anything that's not Alien, even the Aliens stuff tends to be things we have got before repackaged, apart from the JW Rinzler books, forever cursing the fact he was up for Alien³ but Fox apparently was not.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 29, 2022, 10:06:28 AM
Pretty sure the whole Anthology documentaries thing only exists because of CDL's interested in Alien³ though, and ditto for the Special Edition, so that's not necessarily that true.

God bless the man

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed