I'm worried about the new Predator movie

Started by xenofeen, Oct 16, 2021, 12:08:36 AM

Author
I'm worried about the new Predator movie (Read 9,475 times)

Voodoo Magic

The City Hunter was certainly sadistic with Harrigan. The question is...

...was he.....

Dum, Dum Dum....!!!

A Bad Blood?
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=61579.0

---

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 27, 2022, 08:09:34 PM
I thought arrogance and hubris were always supposed to be their primary weaknesses.

I love hubris on crackers. Or perhaps that's hummus.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 27, 2022, 11:48:33 AM
They'd probably live longer if they cut to the chase to be honest.

I thought arrogance and hubris were always supposed to be their primary weaknesses.

I thought it was their floppy mandibles. ???

Voodoo Magic

Did you just say......

floppy mandibles?

Kradan

Mmm, crab meat  :)

Voodoo Magic

St_Eddie

Yautja, Yautja.

Taste like crab, talk like people.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Oct 21, 2021, 11:47:08 AM
It also lets them sell all the previous films again in a new box set.
^^^This. So true.

goose_3387

My friend has just told me that the Alien films on Disney+ (Star in the UK) have been cut to remove some of the language and violence. How much has been removed from them?

That PG-13 rating is looking more likely for Prey.

Has anyone watched Predator on Disney yet? Has anything been cut from it?

Kailem

I've not watched any of them the times I've had Disney+ since I've got them all on Blu-ray so I can't personally say either way, but a quick Google search seems to indicate that it's probably down to some people mistaking the theatrical cut of Aliens with the Special Edition, and thinking stuff has been cut out as a result.

I'm not immediately seeing anything about the films actually being edited for Disney+ in the UK, but maybe someone who's actually watched them on there can say for certain.

Either way it kinda links up with another minor controversy recently about Disney+ editing, when people noticed that one or two episodes of Falcon and the Winter Soldier had seemingly had a couple of scenes edited for violence, despite having been available on Disney+ for about a year now. Disney said that it was a mistake and apparently changed them back, but it's yet another reason why it's going to suck if this doesn't get a physical release. I don't particularly like the idea of a company/studio etc. potentially changing their minds about something at some point in the future and then just immediately altering it because it only exists in the digital space.

BlueMarsalis79

They should put up the 4K versions of Aliens and Alien³ that Fox developed.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 01, 2022, 07:30:24 PM
Either way it kinda links up with another minor controversy recently about Disney+ editing, when people noticed that one or two episodes of Falcon and the Winter Soldier had seemingly had a couple of scenes edited for violence, despite having been available on Disney+ for about a year now. Disney said that it was a mistake and apparently changed them back, but it's yet another reason why it's going to suck if this doesn't get a physical release. I don't particularly like the idea of a company/studio etc. potentially changing their minds about something at some point in the future and then just immediately altering it because it only exists in the digital space.

I was watching some of Sin City for the umpteenth time several months ago on HBO and I couldn't believe it, but they cut out a seen where Benicio del Toro smacks Brittany Murphy to the floor. It was a jarring cut too. I get violence against women is wrong, but we all got it back then too. It wasn't glorified. Benicio was playing a villian, a bad cop, a bad dude and ultimately gets killed by a woman. Murder is fine, but they cut this smack out of a rated R movie on HBO for fragile audiences?

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 28, 2022, 03:16:59 PM
The City Hunter was certainly sadistic with Harrigan. The question is...

...was he.....

Dum, Dum Dum....!!!

A Bad Blood?
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=61579.0

---

I love hubris on crackers. Or perhaps that's hummus.

I have wondered if City Hunter was a Bad Blood seeking redemption, and that is why the Tribe carries him off and acted as if his death was honorable.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just a street punk

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 01, 2022, 10:51:01 PM
Just s street punk

Or he's the Elder Pred's delinquent nephew. :D

PsyKore

It would be a nightmare to encounter a Predator that was not arrogant and purely methodical. Although, I suppose there wouldn't be much of a movie with that. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed