I'm worried about the new Predator movie

Started by xenofeen, Oct 16, 2021, 12:08:36 AM

Author
I'm worried about the new Predator movie (Read 9,491 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Well hardcore fans who skipped the theater would still probably buy the blu Ray. It's what I did, still feel dirty for buying it lol.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 21, 2021, 07:52:22 PM
It's what I did, still feel dirty for buying it lol.

Don't wash it away ! Rub and smear that dirt all over your body ! You're the dirt and the dirt is one with you

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 21, 2021, 08:27:32 PM
It's what I did, still feel dirty for buying it lol.

Don't wash it away ! Rub and smear that dirt all over your body ! You're the dirt and the dirt is one with you

https://c.tenor.com/xWUxSp8LTV4AAAAM/mud-faceplant.gif

lol

Now AvP: Requiem on the other hand is a nice clean warm bubble bath!

Well hardcore fans who skipped the theater would still probably buy the blu Ray. It's what I did, still feel dirty for buying it lol.

Being a hardcore fan, you didn't feel compelled to still go to the theater to see it? I couldn't skip seeing "The Predator" in the theater myself, even if it held a 0% critical score on Rotten Tomatoes!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 21, 2021, 09:15:13 PM
Being a hardcore fan, you didn't feel compelled to still go to the theater to see it? I couldn't skip seeing "The Predator" in the theater myself, even if it held a 0% critical score on Rotten Tomatoes!

I read up on the spoilers and chose to not bother, even though I did have the opportunity to (rare given my geographic isolation).

I regret nothing.

SiL

The A Nightmare on Elm Street remake taught me that you can be a hardcore fan and be discerning. I regretted buying that movie after seeing it in theater and knowing I didn't like it, and I have not repeated the mistake for The Predator.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 21, 2021, 09:19:07 PM

I read up on the spoilers and chose to not bother, even though I did have the opportunity to (rare given my geographic isolation).

I regret nothing.

After my unfavorable theater experience with The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, I finally voted with my wallet and skipped The Rise of Skywalker.... but I just don't think I could do that with Predator, AvP or Alien.  :)

426Buddy

I skipped AvP but watched AvPR in theater. After that experience I skipped Predators and The Predator in favor of home viewing.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 22, 2021, 01:18:11 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 21, 2021, 09:19:07 PM

I regret nothing.

After my unfavorable theater experience with The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, I finally voted with my wallet and skipped The Rise of Skywalker.... but I just don't think I could do that with Predator, AvP or Alien.  :)

A few of the details of The Predator made it an easy skip for me, but I feel that.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 22, 2021, 01:43:28 AM
I skipped AvP but watched AvPR in theater. After that experience I skipped Predators and The Predator in favor of home viewing.

I went to both, had an awful time with AvP because it wasn't what I wanted at all, AvPR I had zero expectations and it may have involved some herbal cigarettes and a pair of cute, easily spooked girls so was a much better experience.

Voodoo Magic

BlueMarsalis79

Meanwhile I was not old enough to see either AVP or AVPR in theatres, I saw AVP about a year after I had seen all the other Alien and Predator films in probably 2005, AVPR I picked up in the bargain bin much later in 2009, the first entry I saw in the cinema was Predators I have not missed one since.

BigDaddyJohn

I saw AVP in theatres and haven't missed anything since, Prometheus and Covenant included. I totally want to go see Skulls too, if it gets a theater release of course.

Wysps

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 22, 2021, 12:08:04 PM
Meanwhile I was not old enough to see either AVP or AVPR in theatres, I saw AVP about a year after I had seen all the other Alien and Predator films in probably 2005, AVPR I picked up in the bargain bin much later in 2009, the first entry I saw in the cinema was Predators I have not missed one since.

I had a similar experience, though I was old enough to see both AVP + R.  I did see Predators in theatres (several times) and then saw The Predator as well.  Both AVP and AVPR I bought used and saw before before Predators was announced.  I think depending on how this one is released I may just wait until it either gets a theatre release (if it does) or if it gets available in some other way off of Hulu.  Don't have any plans of subscribing just for one movie  :-\

SuperiorIronman

I didn't see AVP until it was at a video rental (I think). Regardless I completely missed that one in theatres. I did get the DVD soon after but I can't remember how I got it. The rental I might be mistaken on since we had a video rental we frequented at the time that had it. Requiem I also missed on account of its release schedule and I simply never got to see it in the theatre. I did get that one on DVD for a birthday though the blu-ray eluded me since I didn't have a player for it at the time.

A lot of that is on account of just being too young for it and naturally having a theatre nearby but no money and needing a ride there. Not a problem now but it was a problem at the time.

Prometheus and Covenant I missed, and saw later on digital home release. That also being a problem as I started driving fairly late than a lot of my peers and despite having some money, I just didn't have the money to spend on a trip to a theater. I did see Predators and The Predator in theatres. Predators I knew was coming and made an effort to save money for me and a buddy to see it and The Predator by that point I was working, driving, and made sure I had time to see it.

While I'd prefer to watch in a theatre, I'd also be completely fine with a home release since past experience isn't really for a theatre and it's way more convenient than a half hour drive. I'll just do like I did for Mortal Kombat or Godzilla, watch the thing and then cancel the sub if it goes to Hulu.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 22, 2021, 12:13:39 PM
I saw AVP in theatres and haven't missed anything since, Prometheus and Covenant included. I totally want to go see Skulls too, if it gets a theater release of course.

Here's hoping! 🤞

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 22, 2021, 12:13:39 PM

Now see, Alien movies I'm still a religiously day 1 attender. Or a few days before release at a press screening, in the case of Prommy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed