Amber Midthunder Cast In Skulls?

Started by ace3g, May 20, 2021, 03:44:34 AM

Author
Amber Midthunder Cast In Skulls? (Read 20,515 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: seattle24 on Jun 29, 2021, 11:34:43 AM
Ha I just watched The Ice Road completely oblivious to the fact this starred Predator 5's lead. Liam Neeson totally phoned it in, but everyone else, including Amber, was woeful.

Yeah, I've been a little concerned about her acting abilities. Her performances seem uneven at the very least. :-\

Hopefully Dan can bring out the best in her.

seattle24

seattle24

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 29, 2021, 12:45:04 PM
Quote from: seattle24 on Jun 29, 2021, 11:34:43 AM
Ha I just watched The Ice Road completely oblivious to the fact this starred Predator 5's lead. Liam Neeson totally phoned it in, but everyone else, including Amber, was woeful.

Yeah, I've been a little concerned about her acting abilities. Her performances seem uneven at the very least. :-\

Hopefully Dan can bring out the best in her.

Yeah, I do have some hope Dan will raise the bar for the cast based off the fact Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Goodman were so bloody good in 10 Cloverfield Lane.

I was convinced Shane Black was gonna hit a home run with The Predator though so my guessing game is questionable  ;D

Voodoo Magic

The Predator? What is this film you call The Predator?

<* Editor's note: Voodoo clearly suffers from Dissociative Amnesia which occurs when a person blocks out certain information, often associated with a stressful or traumatic event.>

Will someone tell me what The Predator is??

BigDaddyJohn

It's the third best predator film, you should check it out  :P

seattle24

seattle24

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 29, 2021, 04:07:18 PM

If he has a relapse this is your fault!

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2021, 08:56:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0evk_gBxZ9k

4:55 (sorry, can't talk about it)  :laugh:

Great way of asking the question and great response,  :D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: seattle24 on Jun 29, 2021, 04:48:00 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 29, 2021, 04:07:18 PM

If he has a relapse this is your fault!

:laugh:

Rush Hour Rambo

If her characters story is essentially in it's simplest form - encounters predator/defeats predator in the finale then IMO it's not a good piece of casting. I just don't see her as a credible lead for this type of movie.

CAUTION - POST CONTAINED AN OPINION OTHERS ARE AVAILABLE.

Voodoo Magic

So I watched Amber in The Ice Road over this past weekend and I must say... she did a pretty decent job in it! Amber was good enough to calm my fears that she probably can deliver the goods in Skulls (if the script has goods to deliver.) So that is personally a relief to know.  :)

goose_3387

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 05, 2021, 11:34:59 AM
So I watched Amber in The Ice Road over this past weekend and I must say... she did a pretty decent job in it! Amber was good enough to calm my fears that she probably can deliver the goods in Skulls (if the script has goods to deliver.) So that is personally a relief to know.  :)

I watched it last night. She was OK. It's going to be down to Dan and the script as to what performance we see from her.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, she still wouldn't be my top choice, but I feel better about her casting after watching The Ice Road then I did watching that rough Only Mine trailer and some clips from Legion.

Voodoo Magic

Amber visited a craft shop in Calgary yesterday.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jun 01, 2021, 02:43:13 PMGiven it's a female protagonist going up against a Pred, having it female Vs female would really devalue the whole proving herself as a warrior.

Who says lady Preds aren't the ones that do all the hunting and skinning motherf**kers...?

Way to assume you know how a completely alien race works.

SiL

SiL

I really thought Aliens was let down by having an Alien Queen, not an Alien King, you know? Really devalued the final conflict.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 16, 2021, 10:40:21 AM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Jun 01, 2021, 02:43:13 PMGiven it's a female protagonist going up against a Pred, having it female Vs female would really devalue the whole proving herself as a warrior.

Who says lady Preds aren't the ones that do all the hunting and skinning motherf**kers...?

Way to assume you know how a completely alien race works.

To be fair to goose, he's not assuming anything. Canon right now is saying it, that the Jungle Hunter & City Hunter are male.

But with that said, I'd love to see a female Predator on screen, like Cleo who bested Dutch!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed