[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 97,516 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Voodoo, drop the sniper rifle, NOW !

David

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 18, 2021, 12:16:50 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 18, 2021, 03:35:55 AM
Has Dan Trachtenberg confirmed his preference for crabators yet?

We await his press conference on the issue.

Is that a joke?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: David on Mar 18, 2021, 01:55:00 PM

Is that a joke?

Yes, that was a joke.   :D

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 18, 2021, 01:37:12 PM

Yikes!  How crazy do you think I am?  lol

Naw, I'm all about peace and love and correctly positioned mandibles. :)

David

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 18, 2021, 02:14:23 PM
Quote from: David on Mar 18, 2021, 01:55:00 PM

Is that a joke?

Yes, that was a joke.   :D

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 18, 2021, 01:37:12 PM

Yikes!  How crazy do you think I am?  lol

Naw, I'm all about peace and love and correctly positioned mandibles. :)

:)... But its a good idea, to make an interview with Dan Trachtenberg about Skulls.

Lost_Hunter

I doubt any of the directors wanted the crabator look but it was what they and we got. That's why the Preds are hardly on screen without their mask. Apart from Anderson requesting more teeth and a larger chin for a more heroic appearance( fail) that shouldn't be an excuse for why the mandibles don't work. Unfortunately it comes down to money and if ADI is going to low ball other studios by saying they can do it cheaper. You get what you pay for. Lets hope Trachtenberg puts his foot down on the issue.

Voodoo Magic

Nothing much to see here, just an article indicating how the film/television industry is boosting the local economy, and Skulls is mentioned:

• "The amount of production on the books today, from major studios as well as local producers and numerous local and international television commercials, is very encouraging.

The list of networks includes CBS — Guilty Party; Paramount — Joe Pickett; MGM — Billy the Kid; Apple — Fraggle Rock; and Disney — Skulls.

They all add up to good news for those employed in the film and television industry, but also have an effect on many other sectors, such as hospitality, restaurants and car hire, as well as the unknown benefits of promoting our tourism industry.
    "
https://calgaryherald.com/business/commercial-real-estate/action-in-film-industry-a-big-break-for-local-economy

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Mar 18, 2021, 04:13:31 PM
I doubt any of the directors wanted the crabator look but it was what they and we got. That's why the Preds are hardly on screen without their mask. Apart from Anderson requesting more teeth and a larger chin for a more heroic appearance( fail) that shouldn't be an excuse for why the mandibles don't work. Unfortunately it comes down to money and if ADI is going to low ball other studios by saying they can do it cheaper. You get what you pay for. Lets hope Trachtenberg puts his foot down on the issue.

Indeed.

It was interesting what TQ brought up once in regards to what MPC (who did the cg work for "The Predator") thought the Fugitive was going to look like and possibly so did Shane Black.... versus the finished effect ADI often produced.  Because clearly, MPC had no issues with broken jaws, closed mandibles, etc...

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

Man, that CG flashback, what a mess. Could have been a great opportunity to see some new Preds and bizarre technology.

But I agree, the mandibles did close.

Voodoo is on the case

Local Trouble

Didn't ADI say that crabatization was their idea and their preference?

Local Trouble

I must be thinking of something else.  Was it PWSA who started it?

BigDaddyJohn

He did say he wanted a more "handsome" predator, or something close to that.

SiL

He did. The extra teeth, closed mouths (not mandibles, obviously), less sunken eyes, more "human" face, less slime, etc.

Local Trouble

KiramidHead

But it comes with a free Frogurt!

BigDaddyJohn

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed