[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 97,937 times)

SuperiorIronman

I never said representation would detract, just that it needs to be a good film first. Hollywood is bad at portraying Native Americans so it's just wiser to expect the advisors to do a good enough job the depiction isn't egregious.

Voodoo Magic

There is a good chance there has been a historical Comanche advisor that has not only already recommend changes to the script (if needed) but will also be on set to advise, so this concern may all be for naught. However...

Being 100% historical accurate would be a double edged blade for the Comanche. Since I'm not a historian on the subject, I'll use the word "accused" and just say in my research for this movie, they have been accused of having an incredible brutal side ad well. I would imagine if any of that would be depicted on film, true or not, it would be nothing like the positive light I presume Dan Trachtenberg will be shining on them.

War films. Important figures of our past. Hollywood seems to take creative liberties with historical films all the time because it makes for a better movie. And I don't really consider Skulls a historical film. It's a fictional story featuring an intergalactic hunting space alien. It's less "Lincoln" to me and more "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". So as long as they don't disparage the Comanche, but rather portray them in a positive light, I don't personally feel this Predator film is worth getting bent out of shape over in regards to 100% historical accuracy. But that's just me.  :)

Shaeffer11

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 16, 2021, 12:54:00 PM
So Kyle Strauts seemed to lobby a bit to participate in Dan Trachtenberg's Skulls back in November, so perhaps, just perhaps, Kyle liking this tweet means we found at least one of our Predators?

Kyle had liked one of my replies back in feb - skull emoticons

PAS Spinelli

So we are all in agreement Kee is probably one of Billy's ancestors right? He was said to be of comanche origin iirc

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Mar 17, 2021, 12:10:57 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 16, 2021, 12:54:00 PM
So Kyle Strauts seemed to lobby a bit to participate in Dan Trachtenberg's Skulls back in November, so perhaps, just perhaps, Kyle liking this tweet means we found at least one of our Predators?

Kyle had liked one of my replies back in feb - skull emoticons

What did you say that he liked?

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 17, 2021, 12:18:19 AM
So we are all in agreement Kee is probably one of Billy's ancestors right? He was said to be of comanche origin iirc

So Billy is Kee's great great great great great great great great great grandfather?

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 16, 2021, 09:59:56 PM
I never said representation would detract, just that it needs to be a good film first. Hollywood is bad at portraying Native Americans so it's just wiser to expect the advisors to do a good enough job the depiction isn't egregious.

Sure, so then it wasn't necessary to bring up that it needs to be a good film because it had nothing to do with my current concern. Saying "I want strong representation of Comanche people" doesn't mean "forsaken good film writing". Its just a glaring indicator of red flags for me that they miss the very basic stuff that makes the tribe Comanche, then what else are they messing up with? Its like making a historic drama film during WWII like Saving Private Ryan but its the year is 1962 with technology of 2021, people are going to say wtf is this mess. Its like the Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter movie example Voodoo pointed out, yeah it has a crazy concept but at least we know there is still grounds of reality that allows us to suspend our disbelief; the world the story takes place is in 19th century America, Lincoln is still Lincoln, he is deal with the political struggles of America, but also he hunts vampires at night. No real major historical changes or ideas that makes the film completely bizarre outside of what we are called to ignore.

We do have very little on the movie so yeah while I cannot say for certain that they might have typos in that synopsis and perhaps the updated version does have the correct info, I just input my worries with what I have on my hands currently. When that leaked script comes by, I'll want to take a look and see how it goes.

Stitch

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 17, 2021, 02:40:23 AM

So Billy is Kee's great great great great great great great great great grandfather?

https://media.tenor.com/images/f4080513d81250d60c67c8089a53502e/tenor.gif
Not unless Billy looks really good for his age

BigDaddyJohn

I believe he was the oldest of the bunch.

Mr.Turok

Don't you mean greatx9 grandson?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 17, 2021, 11:26:50 PM

Not unless Billy looks really good for his age

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 18, 2021, 02:02:04 AM
Don't you mean greatx9 grandson?

(((facepalm)))

I am certainly a great example of why one shouldn't drink and post.  :laugh:

Shaeffer11

Voodoo- on 2/8 Kyle had a tweet saying something like: let's just say it's big and I replied with 4 skulls (should've done 5) with a question mark and he liked the tweet.

Voodoo Magic

Interesting!

Back in November, Kyle appeared to tag Dan in Facebook with this:

Local Trouble

Has Dan Trachtenberg confirmed his preference for crabators yet?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Mar 18, 2021, 02:34:36 AM
Voodoo- on 2/8 Kyle had a tweet saying something like: let's just say it's big and I replied with 4 skulls (should've done 5) with a question mark and he liked the tweet.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 18, 2021, 02:40:37 AM
Interesting!

Back in November, Kyle appeared to tag Dan in Facebook with this:

Well coincidence no more.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 18, 2021, 03:35:55 AM
Has Dan Trachtenberg confirmed his preference for crabators yet?

We await his press conference on the issue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed