[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 95,062 times)

BlueMarsalis79

He practically lives always perpetually having three projects going at on once so I do not see that being an issue honestly.

Huggs

Now if we could just slip an alien in there...

GreybackElder

I wish studio ADI would get the mandibles right. In my opinion Predator 2's city had the best mandibles. He's to hoping.

PVC

Hi predator's fan.  Good news , a new Predator movie    Perhaps it will help to forget the Bantha poodoo we saw 3 years ago ....
Good luck Cheyenne.  ( I m close , Shelton Wa , part time )    But , come on , ADI  , again .... The job was terrible in the last one ...
( everything was terrible ) any way , I still dreaming .... Who knows , there s some talent ........ Somewhere
Regards

The Shuriken

Quote from: GreybackElder on Mar 13, 2021, 06:06:47 PM
I wish studio ADI would get the mandibles right. In my opinion Predator 2's city had the best mandibles. He's to hoping.

What I don't understand is how they can't just get it right. How is it so hard to replicate Stan Winston? There is near limitless reference material from movies, comics, statues, etc.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Shuriken on Mar 14, 2021, 03:06:54 AM

What I don't understand is how they can't just get it right. How is it so hard to replicate Stan Winston? There is near limitless reference material from movies, comics, statues, etc.

I think it has already been solved, they even talked about it in an interview done by avp galaxy IIRC. They said it was THEIR personal choice, thus there's nothing left to understand. I know to many people (inculding me) it looks cheaper than previous designs etc, but not to them apparently.

Hey, if that's what THEY like what can we do ? Unless their taste changes, we're likely to continue with what we got in terms of "artistic choice" regarding the mouth.

Drukathi

They will not make the right mandibles. They will say this choice of director (again?) or it's more scary (like fleshy aliens instead biomechanical).

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 14, 2021, 10:00:21 AM

I think it has already been solved, they even talked about it in an interview done by avp galaxy IIRC. They said it was THEIR personal choice, thus there's nothing left to understand. I know to many people (inculding me) it looks cheaper than previous designs etc, but not to them apparently.

Well ADI relegated the whole issue to the question - why do Predators have to look like they did in the first two movies. They answered the question with a question.

But I'd argue the mandible skin not appearing elastic & realistic and mandible teeth rolling in different directions with Scar for instance is not a desired choice by ADI or director, but rather just an unfortunate result of a poor design and/or flawed execution.

David

I think Scar looks good and Classic from Predators too. We dont need to have the same design over and over again.

LSL

I agree that ADI has made terrible predators.

Avp is the worst of all. his eyes and general appearance make him look silly. the jaws are a complete mess, opening too wide and to all sides and possible ways

The first Predator had jaws that we could feel a robust bone structure there.
Predators can be different from each other, like the first and second films, but whoever makes animatronics has to think that there is a bone structure there that needs to be followed.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 14, 2021, 12:51:10 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 14, 2021, 10:00:21 AM

Well ADI relegated the whole issue to the question - why do Predators have to look like they did in the first two movies. They answered the question with a question.

But I'd argue the mandible skin not appearing elastic & realistic and mandible teeth rolling in different directions with Scar for instance is not a desired choice by ADI or director, but rather just an unfortunate result of a poor design and/or flawed execution.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/0a1771ca992104d6dd71567ee4de7a43/tumblr_pmylellN1r1xuau3co1_500.gif

Yes I remember now ! That's why I understood it as a personal choice, as "it don't have to look like the first two movies, we prefer doing it that way", but indeed they didn't clearly stated that way.

I totally agree with you though, floppy skin looks cheap as hell (I can't even begin to understand how someone would not agree on this specific point actually) and the disproportioned head mostly noticeable in The Predator looks silly.

SuperiorIronman

They do have two Predator suits left over from The Predator so I'm betting to cut costs they're retooling what they had on that production. Probably reusing the body suits and reusing armor from either AVP should they not outsource it again.

My money is on the mask being Scar's since we know they still have the molds and would be the nearest to JH for a back to basics approach. As for the head itself I think that's going to be the thing that changes TBH since the director is going to want something appropriate and made for that film. We're probably going to see a return of the detailed dreadlocks though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'm holding out hope that, if ADI is confirmed to have the gig, they don't reuse anything. It might be a fools hope S.I., but dammit, I'm hoping!  :)

Quote from: LSL on Mar 14, 2021, 01:48:11 PM
The first Predator had jaws that we could feel a robust bone structure there. Predators can be different from each other, like the first and second films, but whoever makes animatronics has to think that there is a bone structure there that needs to be followed.

Couldn't agree more!  👏

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 14, 2021, 02:45:11 PM
I totally agree with you though, floppy skin looks cheap as hell (I can't even begin to understand how someone would not agree on this specific point actually) and the disproportioned head mostly noticeable in The Predator looks silly.

Yeah, I find it odd too. But alas, we're all Predator fans at the end of the day, so go #TeamPredator  :)👍

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

Y'all are spot on. "It was the Director's choice" or "People have different mouths, why can't Predators" just comes off like the carpenter blaming his tools. Hard to compare Predator to other franchises but if the Stormtrooper's look was off or Vaders helmet didn't fit correctly, the fans wouldn't or shouldn't be up in arms?

Look at that Sonic debacle, didn't the fans actually get the studio to fix the face?

Master

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 14, 2021, 04:17:25 PM
I'm holding out hope that, if ADI is confirmed to have the gig, they don't reuse anything. It might be a fools hope S.I., but dammit, I'm hoping!  :)

Quote from: LSL on Mar 14, 2021, 01:48:11 PM
The first Predator had jaws that we could feel a robust bone structure there. Predators can be different from each other, like the first and second films, but whoever makes animatronics has to think that there is a bone structure there that needs to be followed.

Couldn't agree more!  👏

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 14, 2021, 02:45:11 PM

Yeah, I find it odd too. But alas, we're all Predator fans at the end of the day, so go #TeamPredator  :)👍

I wouldn't mind retooling some unused concepts from TP. Lots was cut out for that movie. Head like this would've been fine by me, problem is, as always, how it looks in action.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed