[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 97,414 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Exactly what I was thinking actually  :laugh:

grumpy

Female empowerment and Predator being defeated by a teenager is "something never seen before in the franchise", and it looks terrible. If this film is PG13, my hopes over.

MudButt

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2021, 06:12:51 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Mar 12, 2021, 05:58:13 PM
I think we may see that. Dan Trachtenberg appeared on an episode of a podcast called Screen Drafts and while he couldn't say anything plot related he did say the film would be ''something we've never seen in the franchise before''.

Oh cool! Was that pretty much it, in what Dan said in relation to Skulls? I'm wondering if I should give the podcast a listen!

Yeah essentially. He didn't give away any details or timeframes. He just said what most of us know, he's been working on it for about 4 years and that he had always been planning to do something that had never been done before. The podcast was released in January, it's not an interview podcast they rate certain movies in a category and the hosts asked him twice about the project and he gave very brief comments.

I mainly listened to make sure he was still working on the movie since we had the first news back in November and hadn't really heard much  :laugh:

Plus, if I'm being honest he could've have mean the setting which technically is something we've never seen in the franchise before  :laugh:

ace3g

Here is a link to the podcast, trying to find exact spot where he talks about P5.

https://screendrafts.libsyn.com/john-woo-with-dan-trachtenberg-david-chen

MudButt

Quote from: ace3g on Mar 12, 2021, 07:14:30 PM
Here is a link to the podcast, trying to find exact spot where he talks about P5.

He briefly speaks about it around the 1:45 mark and I think he mentions it again towards the end. Again, he says very little in an almost 3 hour podcast  ;D

ace3g

Might not be anything but Kyle Strauts has started to "like" some of Dan Trachtenberg's tweets.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: ace3g on Mar 12, 2021, 07:33:07 PM
Might not be anything but Kyle Strauts has started to "like" some of Dan Trachtenberg's tweets.

I want to think that it's not a coincidence.

Voodoo Magic

I love when Mr.H starts talking mandibles...  ;D

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 12, 2021, 07:21:13 PM

He briefly speaks about it around the 1:45 mark and I think he mentions it again towards the end. Again, he says very little in an almost 3 hour podcast  ;D

That's awesome. I'll check it out. Thank you both - Much appreciated!

Damn ace! You're like a Master Detective! 👏

Well that could be conceived as another indicator that ADI won the contract perhaps.

MudButt

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2021, 08:32:33 PM
I love when Mr.H starts talking mandibles...  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXbvX1H4MSE

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 12, 2021, 07:21:13 PM

That's awesome. I'll check it out. Thank you both - Much appreciated!

Damn ace! You're like a Master Detective! 👏

Well that could be conceived as another indicator that ADI won the contract perhaps.

I like Mr.H generally but I wasn't a fan of his video on the first plot information. He was very against the female lead against gender norms thing.

He does generally put out some good info though!

ace3g

That IATSE union site now has an email for Production Management.

Skulls :: Feature3/8/2021 :: 5/31/2021 :: 8/13/2021

PM: skulls.production@tcsmpp.com

MudButt

Quote from: ace3g on Mar 12, 2021, 08:39:12 PM

Quick, someone try and get a job!  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 12, 2021, 08:45:22 PM

Why couldn't my parents be Comanche... 😁

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 12, 2021, 08:35:53 PM
I like Mr.H generally but I wasn't a fan of his video on the first plot information. He was very against the female lead against gender norms thing.

Yeah, sure they could go overboard and screw it up, but I'm generally excited by the premise myself.

MudButt

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2021, 08:58:45 PM

Yeah, sure they could go overboard and screw it up, but I'm generally excited by the premise myself.

I've got a feeling he will do the premise justice. He didn't emphasize a girl being in charge in 10 Cloverfield Lane. I think it's a great premise as well. I want to see more of these old warrior types going up against a Predator. I love that scene in Predators where the Yakuza fights the Predator.. it's way too short but more of that style would be awesome.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 12, 2021, 09:12:25 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2021, 08:58:45 PM

I've got a feeling he will do the premise justice. He didn't emphasize a girl being in charge in 10 Cloverfield Lane. I think it's a great premise as well. I want to see more of these old warrior types going up against a Predator. I love that scene in Predators where the Yakuza fights the Predator.. it's way too short but more of that style would be awesome.

Yeah, I think so too. I was actually encouraged by what I saw in the screen test. Not the delivery per say, but the content.

A Predator versus a Leonidas Spartan type was always a big wish of mine!

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Trash Queen link=topic=647e50.msg2512172#msg2512172 date=1615500434
And hopefully finishing David's story soon.

But who could direct it ??? Ridley's schedule is full until the year 3000.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed