[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 98,124 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: goose_3387 on Mar 12, 2021, 01:06:30 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2021, 01:02:25 PM
It's interesting. At first I thought Kee might be at odds with Comanche gender roles like cooking and making clothes. But from what we can gather from the audition, it's Hunting vs Medicine, becoming a Hunter versus becoming a Healer.

Calling it now, a mix of both takes down the Predator. Like a poisoned spear or something for example.

Aw man, yes!  It would be interesting to see what Poison would neutralize a Predator. Maybe something with the effect of temporary paralysis. Now my mind is racing.

goose_3387

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2021, 01:14:21 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Mar 12, 2021, 01:06:30 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2021, 01:02:25 PM
It's interesting. At first I thought Kee might be at odds with Comanche gender roles like cooking and making clothes. But from what we can gather from the audition, it's Hunting vs Medicine, becoming a Hunter versus becoming a Healer.

Calling it now, a mix of both takes down the Predator. Like a poisoned spear or something for example.

Aw man, yes!  It would be interesting to see what Poison would neutralize a Predator. Maybe something with the effect of temporary paralysis. Now my mind is racing.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o85xr9ZKY1wbbJXDW/giphy.gif

Indeed. They have some interesting ideas to play around with here.

BigDaddyJohn

That idea is actually very interesting and filled with great potential. Blend it with a bit of native mythological beliefs regarding what the predator is to them and we could have something really cool.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 12, 2021, 01:49:32 PM
That idea is actually very interesting and filled with great potential. Blend it with a bit of native mythological beliefs regarding what the predator is to them and we could have something really cool.

Yessssssss! After Anna and King Willie, we haven't seen Predator through that supernatural / mythological prism since, and the Predator film franchise has suffered as a result!

I have high hopes here!

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2021, 02:11:02 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 12, 2021, 01:49:32 PM

Yessssssss! After Anna and King Willie, we haven't seen Predator through that supernatural / mythological prism since, and the Predator film franchise has suffered as a result!

I have high hopes here!

Let the gods hear us man !

Whiskeybrewer

I can picture it that she starts tracking the "Evil Spirit" that has taken the Heads of her tribe

BlueMarsalis79

MudButt

I think we may see that. Dan Trachtenberg appeared on an episode of a podcast called Screen Drafts and while he couldn't say anything plot related he did say the film would be ''something we've never seen in the franchise before''.

GreybackElder

Wow, I can believe it will be filming soon. For those of you who are better versed at movie production, what do you guys think the release date for this film might be? Also, I hope this movie does great. We've never had a "period piece" film and I have high hopes!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: GreybackElder on Mar 12, 2021, 05:58:59 PM
Wow, I can believe it will be filming soon. For those of you who are better versed at movie production, what do you guys think the release date for this film might be? Also, I hope this movie does great. We've never had a "period piece" film and I have high hopes!

Yeah, I think we're all really excited that Skulls is a period piece, something we have all been craving since the end of 1990's Predator 2!

In regards to release date predictions, we have a thread:  :)

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=64804.0

goose_3387

Quote from: GreybackElder on Mar 12, 2021, 05:58:59 PM

If all goes to schedule I'd say Oct/Nov 2022.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 12, 2021, 05:58:13 PM
I think we may see that. Dan Trachtenberg appeared on an episode of a podcast called Screen Drafts and while he couldn't say anything plot related he did say the film would be ''something we've never seen in the franchise before''.

Oh cool! Was that pretty much it, in what Dan said in relation to Skulls? I'm wondering if I should give the podcast a listen!

Lost_Hunter

''something we've never seen in the franchise before''.

Is a double edged sword, I appreciate everyone's optimism. The Native American angle is ripe with potential. ADI and a PG-13 rating will skin this movie alive. It would be great to go to an Alien/ Predator or Terminator movie without extremely low expectations. Cautiously awaiting the next announcement.

BlueMarsalis79

I like the sound of a Halloween release.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Mar 12, 2021, 06:17:01 PM
''something we've never seen in the franchise before''.

Is a double edged sword

Very true. In the last film we got something we've never seen before too...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed