[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 95,128 times)

Mister

There is no magic to make this end well. Do you realize how ridiculous it is to have a supreme hunter who kills armed and experienced men like flies to be defeated by a 15-year-old girl? It doesn't matter that she is a warrior, it is just pathetic. Now add ADI for special effects and the "lucky" atmosphere of the AvPR and Predator 2018 locations and the atomic bomb is made.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I get the concerns from posters above, but we could have a chance at getting a very tense and suspensful movie, with survival based on the wit and cunningness of the characters, especially with them being younger but knowing the terrain and surroundings by heart. We haven't got that since forever.

It totally could work and be awesome. It also totally could be shit. I choose to wish for the better obviously, but with the little we know now, there is still hope. And potential concerns that are not to be overlooked either.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Mister on Feb 12, 2021, 07:55:51 PM
There is no magic to make this end well. Do you realize how ridiculous it is to have a supreme hunter who kills armed and experienced men like flies to be defeated by a 15-year-old girl? It doesn't matter that she is a warrior, it is just pathetic. Now add ADI for special effects and the "lucky" atmosphere of the AvPR and Predator 2018 locations and the atomic bomb is made.

We're pretty sure it's 19, not 15. We don't know if she kills the Predator and we don't know anything about the Predator, which could also be young and inexperienced.

Forgot to bring up this point during our video, and I know it's a video game, but I don't remember so much whinging about this 19-year-old woman brining down robot T-Rexes.

ace3g

Starting my twitter and Instagram keyword/search bookmarks.

Hunter-Killer

The age of the girl keeps decreasing because the detractors commenting have a benjamin button complex

TomT

TomT

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/exclu-first-details-on-dan-trachtenbergs-comanche-predator-film/
This article claims that she's 15 year old and her brother is 18 year old, so who knows which information is correct.

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 12, 2021, 08:11:14 PM
Forgot to bring up this point during our video, and I know it's a video game, but I don't remember so much whinging about this 19-year-old woman brining down robot T-Rexes.
To be honest I didn't play it. But the game is a different property/franchise and first Predator pretty much set how strong Predator is, that's why this is the point of concern.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Sounds terrible.

I was fooled me to give The Predator a try, but not this time.

I guess all Predator fans have to look forward this year is anything new on PHG. Oh well.

Hunter-Killer

@TomT

The article says, and I think this was highlighted previously by other comments as well, that they are looking for a 15-year-old actor,I don't think the age of the character is going to be 15

The previous article has updated information, stating the character is 19

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TomT on Feb 12, 2021, 09:19:10 PM
https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/exclu-first-details-on-dan-trachtenbergs-comanche-predator-film/
This article claims that she's 15 year old and her brother is 18 year old, so who knows which information is correct.

True, we don't know for certain yet, but I'm betting they are incorrect in their reporting. We've read the legitimate casting call..  and the production announcement... almost a year apart from each other... and they both feature Kee as the elder. Both also refer to her as "Patsi" which in Comanche translates to "older sister".

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Mister on Feb 12, 2021, 07:55:51 PM

A Predator killing armed and experienced men doesn't really mean anything when they can't even see him or have any idea what they're dealing with. Dutch beat the predator with a boy scout trap. why can't this girl do the same?

426Buddy

426Buddy

CUZ GIrlz weakaR than ManZ Allwayz!! :laugh:  ;)

But seriously I do find it an odd direction as I feel the Predator fanbase has a good share of misogynistic macho he-man woman haters. But maybe they're trying to appeal to an audience that's big enough to actually make the film a success.

Tired of this crap...

"CUZ GIrlz weakaR than ManZ Allwayz!! :laugh:  ;)

I do find it an odd direction as I feel the Predator fanbase has a good share of misogynistic macho he-man woman haters. But maybe they're trying to appeal to an audience that's big enough to actually make the film a success."

Nope. Again, no one cares if the protagonist is female. You're referring to a fan base that has already embraced Ripley in the Alien films. What we aren't on board with is injecting social commentary about gender norms into the film. But you're all so desperate to play the victim card you have to invent problems that don't exist and then preach to the predominantly male fan base about how awful society is to women. THIS IS NOT THE TYPE OF CRAP PEOPLE WHO ENJOY THESE FILMS WATCH THEM FOR. If I want that I'll watch "Little Women", which was a great film by the way, but I want a Predator film. Not a social justice lecture.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Dave Davidson on Feb 12, 2021, 06:54:33 PMSeriously with this crap? Female protagonist? Great fine super whatever. Nobody cares about the hero's gender. But stop trying to convince everyone that women are somehow still not allowed to be badass in this society. That you're somehow defying...what exactly? Who still gets made about a women in the lead? Nobody. Literally every movie has a women in the lead. WE GET IT. Just stop commenting on what you're doing and cast whoever the f**k you want. We're not mad that you cast a women, we're mad you won't shut up about how great you think you are for doing it.

Not a bad Dave Davidson.

TomT

TomT

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 12, 2021, 09:42:12 PM
@TomT

The article says, and I think this was highlighted previously by other comments as well, that they are looking for a 15-year-old actor,I don't think the age of the character is going to be 15

The previous article has updated information, stating the character is 19
That would be really weird casting, Hollywood usually casts older actors, not younger than the age they aim for.

Huggs

I honestly don't understand what the studio is thinking here. Canadian predators would be too polite to bother anyone.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed