[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 98,172 times)

Bug hunt wilson

Plot twist south park Canadian aren't human at all there a highly envovled race of egg people

Bug hunt wilson

I must agree I find the idea of children squaring up with the predator funny and not in a good way

Hunter-Killer

@TomT

She's not from India mate, she's commanche lol.

"Considering what happened in the first Predator movie" being what, a helicopter full of special forces ops armed with explosives, machine guns and a minigun get annihilated down to one person, who defeats the predator using a bow and arrow, fire, a club and mud?

You don't even know the full plot yet, and what you do know was leaked, because we initially weren't even supposed to know it was going to be a predator movie.

Wait until you have something to be mad about

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 12, 2021, 02:47:05 PM
Can't blame him TBH. After seeing Voodoo so many times throwing guns at people's heads as a sign of approval, the hype started to grow in me. It was like viral marketing.

:laugh:

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 12, 2021, 03:21:07 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 12, 2021, 02:51:13 PM
Alright so they probably have an FX studio on this. It's probably ADI but since The Mandolorian uses Legacy they might be using them but it's probably still ADI.

Oh god no no no. The nightmares are coming back. I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if Voodoo cried out in terror.

Hunter-Killer

@bug hunt

Plot twist, the girl is a synth

ADI doing the Predator would be disappointing, although I'd still hope for the best. No more lion roars lol

Kailem

I've got no idea what sort of lands the Comanche lived on, but when I first heard "Predator movie set in pre-colonial times with a Native American cast" I had images in my head of Western-style Utah/Arizona deserts, which certainly doesn't seem like the sort of terrain found in Canada. So I guess it'll be more of a woodlands kinda setting instead?

Obviously this movie is being done on a budget, but I do hope it doesn't end up looking like every alien world in every other episode of Stargate SG-1. :P

Lost_Hunter

I think Davis is the one who needs to see Voodoo's image. They never forgot and they never forgave should be the heading on the poster. We'll put em out and picket in the street! There are dozens of us! Dozens!

An attempt at humor. Was hoping gender was dropped at least two more times in that synopsis.

Dingbat

I'm gonna be honest here, it sounds quite bad. I'm trying to wait until we get more info before deciding to watch it or not and trailers too.

At the moment, I wouldn't watch it, but I'll give it the chance to win me over.

Tired of this crap...

I watch films like Predator for escapism. Not to be preached to about gender roles in our society. They're making the same mistakes they did in The Predator, shoving SJW bullshit down people's throats. If you want a female protagonist fine. But stop virtue signaling and drawing attention to it like you're so brave and original. It's been done. It's being done everywhere. You're not brave or original. You're annoying. Just put the female out front and stop commenting on how amazing you are for doing it. Just let me watch a f**king Predator movie instead of feeing like I'm slogging through a bunch of liberal horse-shit on Facebook.

TomT

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 12, 2021, 05:04:33 PM
@TomT

She's not from India mate, she's commanche lol.
I meant commanche/native american, just oversimplified it.

"Considering what happened in the first Predator movie" being what, a helicopter full of special forces ops armed with explosives, machine guns and a minigun get annihilated down to one person, who defeats the predator using a bow and arrow, fire, a club and mud?
Exactly, one predator annihilated the entire squad of badass commandos with top notch fire arms and almost killed Arnold, and now 15 year old girl with a spear or whatever will kick Predator's ass? To me that's the main reason why the whole concept sounds really stupid. They should've made her a mature experienced warrior at least, so the story would make at least some sense.

You don't even know the full plot yet, and what you do know was leaked, because we initially weren't even supposed to know it was going to be a predator movie.

Wait until you have something to be mad about
Mark my words, it's gonna be Mulan 2020 with Predator, not Mulan 1998. I can already see what kind of movie it's gonna be.

Dave Davidson

Seriously with this crap? Female protagonist? Great fine super whatever. Nobody cares about the hero's gender. But stop trying to convince everyone that women are somehow still not allowed to be badass in this society. That you're somehow defying...what exactly? Who still gets made about a women in the lead? Nobody. Literally every movie has a women in the lead. WE GET IT. Just stop commenting on what you're doing and cast whoever the f**k you want. We're not mad that you cast a women, we're mad you won't shut up about how great you think you are for doing it.

Dingbat

I think it would sound more appealing to me if the female caracter was older, like a tribe elder, still related to the boy who's gonna be leader and in the end it's not a one on one fight against the predator but the whole tribe working together and the morale of the story is how everyone is valuable and you can only progress by working together, or something like that.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Tired of this crap... on Feb 12, 2021, 06:48:59 PM
I watch films like Predator for escapism. Not to be preached to about gender roles in our society. They're making the same mistakes they did in The Predator, shoving SJW bullshit down people's throats. If you want a female protagonist fine. But stop virtue signaling and drawing attention to it like you're so brave and original. It's been done. It's being done everywhere. You're not brave or original. You're annoying. Just put the female out front and stop commenting on how amazing you are for doing it. Just let me watch a f**king Predator movie instead of feeing like I'm slogging through a bunch of liberal horse-shit on Facebook.

Quote from: Dave Davidson on Feb 12, 2021, 06:54:36 PM
Seriously with this crap? Female protagonist? Great fine super whatever. Nobody cares about the hero's gender. But stop trying to convince everyone that women are somehow still not allowed to be badass in this society. That you're somehow defying...what exactly? Who still gets made about a women in the lead? Nobody. Literally every movie has a women in the lead. WE GET IT. Just stop commenting on what you're doing and cast whoever the f**k you want. We're not mad that you cast a women, we're mad you won't shut up about how great you think you are for doing it.

[cancerblack]

I wish Wilson would actually sign up, so I could put him on ignore.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Enjoy for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed