Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,265 times)

Corporal Hicks

We'll find out soon enough!

Engineer

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 30, 2021, 09:08:44 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2021, 07:33:38 AM
No mention of Gabe in there. Thought he was crashing on their planet?

We assumed that but it was never confirmed. For all we know his story ends with Vol 1.
I hope so. No more larocca-likeness please!

HuDaFuK

Is it possible the promo blurb avoids mentioning him to maintain the surprise, given that the series isn't even out yet?

Nukiemorph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 30, 2021, 06:53:29 PM
Is it possible the promo blurb avoids mentioning him to maintain the surprise, given that the series isn't even out yet?
I'm assuming this is the case and that Cruz is connected to the alien outbreak on the farm planet.

Hopefully not though. Different arcs with different stories would give me more hope that they'll hand arcs off to different creative teams...

judge death

Well its a ongoing story so it must have a connection or same charachters progressing in the story or else its not a ongoing but separate story.

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: judge death on Jul 25, 2021, 02:27:40 AM
...they told this when they explained why the xenos now have snake like inner jaw that can move freely unlike before [...]
tl;dr
so why the snake-like inner jaw?

[cancerblack]

Erect ones too spicy for marvel?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TNF on Aug 01, 2021, 03:36:41 PM
Quote from: judge death on Jul 25, 2021, 02:27:40 AM
...they told this when they explained why the xenos now have snake like inner jaw that can move freely unlike before [...]
tl;dr
so why the snake-like inner jaw?

I meant to respond to this earlier. Unless I missed something while reading, this was just another case of nothing more than artistic license on the cover art. Not the first time, wont be the last.

BlueMarsalis79

Also Resurrection does exist believe it or not

SiL

SiL

Which shows it flaccid when dead, not in use

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I know but I mean that it shows the inner mouth moving in directions before that point that we had never viewed it move in.

Kradan

BlueMarsalis79

Haha possibly

The_Nostromo_Files

Thanks, Hicks.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 05, 2021, 12:44:15 PM
Also Resurrection does exist believe it or not

I've grown to appreciate Resurrection for the film that it is, but I have to raise a small point.

It's sort of problematic anytime one wants to use Alien Resurrection in reference to any kind of baseline for the Alien. The reason is that we don't truly see any Aliens in Resurrection, only artificially grown genetic mish-mashes of human and xeno dna. Every creature we see in the movie is essentially the same as the abominations we see in the laboratory scene with Ripley's 1-7. Ripley 8 was just the most recent batch of biological tissues, the test that ended up being the most recognizable. The scientists then excised a part of her, the bit of tissue that most looked like an alien queen, basically her conjoined twin, Ripley's very own Kuato, and that tissue grew bigger and started sprouting off other semi-human mutants that sort of resembled drones and then ultimately one big mutant, that didn't resemble anything, that we called the "New Born". But none of these creatures are truly what we know and figuratively call xenomorphs any more than Ripley 8 is what we know and understand to be human.

Not the point of this thread, I know. I just had to put it out there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed