The Datamine Thread

Started by PAS Spinelli, Jul 07, 2020, 09:03:03 PM

Author
The Datamine Thread (Read 39,575 times)

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 30, 2020, 12:53:16 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 29, 2020, 06:51:08 PM
January needs to be the month for the update of all updates, we really need more maps. I like the skins they keep adding but the more important stuff that will help keep this game has taken too long.

I already lost hope in a new game mode with multiple predators vs more fireteam members so as those datemine maps come it would be nice.

I'm not certain if Illfonic is capable of releasing the update of all updates, but if we're going there... BAM!!!! January gives us Isabelle with lore tapes, Mr. Black & The Falconer, a game preserve planet map, and Predators vs Super Predator mode.
WOOT!!!!

Alas January is going to be the month of no updates since Illfonic's latest DLC roadmap showed that we won't be getting a new content drop until Isabelle in February. And just like with Dutch, given that it looks like new lore tapes have already been datamined I'm guessing those will be the free DLC for that month rather than any new maps or modes or anything like that.

Sadly I feel like it's going to be a minimum of three more months before there's even a chance of us getting another new map, and those are what the game needs more than anything as far as new content goes.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ah. Damn. You're right. It said February didn't it. Which means February 28th, or the 29th if it's leap year.  :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 30, 2020, 02:33:28 PM
Sadly I feel like it's going to be a minimum of three more months before there's even a chance of us getting another new map, and those are what the game needs more than anything as far as new content goes.

At the risk of being a broken record, agreed.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Let's hope the game isn't dead by then.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 30, 2020, 04:10:02 PM
Let's hope the game isn't dead by then.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

If the balance and glitches aren't addressed, it will be. Many people are mostly upset with the current balance and amount of glitches that stop gameplay from being enjoyable. I mean if something basic like the Predator Bow not being usable at all is something damming for the game, as thats just one weapon less to use for players.

Problem is with all of this is that Illfonic is notorious of not taking community feedback. No one knows if they don't want to listen, they don't have a system in place to have better communications, or even outright not know about these issues. I recall one of the devs even saying that they never played as Predator in matches so they possibly have no idea how bad the balance is right now.  This needs to be addressed before adding more things to be honest.

That and I wish players weren't so toxic, the Illfonic forums is a meme farm for toxicity. I get the frustration behind the lack of communication and bug fixing but it also turns off devs who even try to connect back with players.

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 30, 2020, 05:41:04 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 30, 2020, 03:54:36 AM

• Grimlock and 1911 pistols are hand canons against Predators but weak as hell against Stargazer (seriously what gives with that?)

That sounds familiar ...

Oh god please no, I had enough of those damm androids......

Samhain13

Samhain13

Yeah all of that.

Buffing the Predator health in the last update was not enough, the fireteam can still melt the Predator hp away fast. If the skill level of the fireteam and the Predator are around the same the Predator is gonna lose. Sure its easy for an experienced Predator to kill the whole fireteam in 2 minutes if they are new players but if they at least know how to play a fps the Predator can get to second wind fast.

Hell I had many occassions where I'm busy with 1 guy doing the mission and the other 2 premades end up killing the Predator on their own before I even saw the creature. Sometimes they get lucky and trap the Predator behind a door and knife it to death or they just snipe it so hard the Predator has no idea of whats happening to its hp, they know the tricks.

Heck I hunted and sniped Predators into second wind on my own, OWLF Operative + Ice cold + Mud > Predator cloak. Sure they were probably new players but still if you got a 1x4 assymetrical multiplayer and a 1x1 is possible there is something wrong there. The Predator can barely stealth on PC premades, its too easy to listen and see where the Predator is at or coming from, while you can snipe a Predator using stealth, so yeah even at stealth the fireteam can be better.

On the bugs, you got arrows and sniper shots going through the target or hitting objects instead what it should still happens, there are some rare occasions where lag can make you as Predator stand still for the fireteam when in your screen you are moving, your hp melts away, combistick teleporting after a throw, once in a while I still get the not being able to run as Predator bug.

The devs don't play as Predator, on the forums people said 5 devs did a livestream match and the guy had no idea at all how to he should play as Predator, the devs playing as fireteam pretty much tried their best to not kill the Predator right away. They cater to new casual players, so the fireteam potatos, meaning the only way to help those guys that wander alone having no idea where to go in the match is to give the fireteam enough damage to push a Predator back without having to work together.

And don't even get me started on the Field Medic OP spec, that crap is beyond broken.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 31, 2020, 12:17:48 AM

• Grimlock and 1911 pistols are hand canons against Predators but weak as hell against Stargazer (seriously what gives with that?)

That sounds familiar ...

Dammit, wrong picture  :D I've meant these jerks from ACM

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 31, 2020, 11:32:41 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 31, 2020, 12:17:48 AM

That sounds familiar ...

Dammit, wrong picture  :D I've meant these jerks from ACM

It doesn't show up on my end but my guess is that its the WY mercenaries right? God who said that it would be fun to have half the game all about them?

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 31, 2020, 02:32:41 AM
Yeah all of that.

Buffing the Predator health in the last update was not enough, the fireteam can still melt the Predator hp away fast. If the skill level of the fireteam and the Predator are around the same the Predator is gonna lose. Sure its easy for an experienced Predator to kill the whole fireteam in 2 minutes if they are new players but if they at least know how to play a fps the Predator can get to second wind fast.

Hell I had many occassions where I'm busy with 1 guy doing the mission and the other 2 premades end up killing the Predator on their own before I even saw the creature. Sometimes they get lucky and trap the Predator behind a door and knife it to death or they just snipe it so hard the Predator has no idea of whats happening to its hp, they know the tricks.

A tackle to break blocking Fireteam and dash option to escape explosions would be great for Predator players to escape such traps. It helps solidify that these are agile and durable beings that you cannot contain that easily. Of course some kind of cool down to omit abuse but it would be very helpful.

A dash option for Fireteam would also be fair, plasma spaming and bow hoppers can be a bitch sometimes. Also would have a cooldown limit for fairness too.

Heck I hunted and sniped Predators into second wind on my own, OWLF Operative + Ice cold + Mud > Predator cloak. Sure they were probably new players but still if you got a 1x4 assymetrical multiplayer and a 1x1 is possible there is something wrong there. The Predator can barely stealth on PC premades, its too easy to listen and see where the Predator is at or coming from, while you can snipe a Predator using stealth, so yeah even at stealth the fireteam can be better.

On the bugs, you got arrows and sniper shots going through the target or hitting objects instead what it should still happens, there are some rare occasions where lag can make you as Predator stand still for the fireteam when in your screen you are moving, your hp melts away, combistick teleporting after a throw, once in a while I still get the not being able to run as Predator bug.

I'm sort of mixed on that. I dealt with premades and its a 50/50 on my end, which is the real fun for me begins since its always potatoes or decent players.  For Predator stealth, it would be helpful to have longer pauses of clicking during cloaking. Helps make things harder to pin down. I even would say master getting in without cloaking, it never fails to surprise people with a quiet attack. I can get two charged plasma bolts in before they can turn towards my direction. A few swipes in and I leave cloaked.

The bugs though really needs a fix, it sucks super hard when Pred players can't even get a hit in on crouching players due to it going through. As if the cards weren't stacked against them enough as it is.

The devs don't play as Predator, on the forums people said 5 devs did a livestream match and the guy had no idea at all how to he should play as Predator, the devs playing as fireteam pretty much tried their best to not kill the Predator right away. They cater to new casual players, so the fireteam potatos, meaning the only way to help those guys that wander alone having no idea where to go in the match is to give the fireteam enough damage to push a Predator back without having to work together.

And don't even get me started on the Field Medic OP spec, that crap is beyond broken.

This is my greatest frustration. If they can't be bothered with it, why not take the player feed back and implement such changes? You literally have an army of free workers who will find the bugs for you in return of a better gaming experience. If that can't be done due to legal reasons, than hire them! People want this to be a good game and obviously Illfonic doesn't want a poor product so why not actually get on with the program and look into these bugs already.

Kradan

Kradan

Yep, I was talking about W-Y mercs

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Lone Wolf is coming...

Thanks to 'bendinglight' for the heads up in the main thread.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 14, 2021, 12:35:49 AM
Lone Wolf is coming...

Yep, Blu found em once again, and according to him, these scenarios only support Predator loadouts

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 14, 2021, 02:01:24 AM
Lone Wolf is coming...

Yep, Blu found em once again, and according to him, these scenarios only support Predator loadouts

I thought FT Lone Wolf missions were also spotter earlier?

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 14, 2021, 02:53:43 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 14, 2021, 02:01:24 AM
Lone Wolf is coming...

I thought FT Lone Wolf missions were also spotter earlier?

According to Blu, every LW scenario only has support for Character.Class.Predator

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Does this finally confirm singleplayer Predator missions?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed