The Datamine Thread

Started by PAS Spinelli, Jul 07, 2020, 09:03:03 PM

Author
The Datamine Thread (Read 39,565 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I'm still wondering about this datamined map from earlier this year. Maybe it's the one we're getting after 'Airstrip'? So perhaps 'Headquarters.' Looks bigger than all of them.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah it's got to be headquarters, since that other more recent datamined map had a literal airstrip and plane visible on it.

Either way at this point we hopefully get some official news about it sooner rather than later.

Samhain13

Samhain13

They really need to start dropping new content soon.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Hope that holiday update is a big one!

And sheesh, give us a new level 200 cap and maybe an exclusive Predator trophy only available by accumulating clash points.  It shouldn't be rocket science. Players need motivation. Give them goals to achieve!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 07, 2020, 10:05:21 PM
Hope that holiday update is a big one!

And sheesh, give us a new level 200 cap and maybe an exclusive Predator trophy only available by accumulating clash points.  It shouldn't be rocket science. Players need motivation. Give them goals to achieve!

All this please.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

New Predator classes found in the files. One that caught my eye is 'Valkyrie.' Female Viking perhaps?

'Cleo' could also be in reference to Cleopatra. I guess they could be going Egyptian for a new class. Our group was chatting about that idea before while we were playing, maybe using the 'Nightstorm Predator' for inspiration.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I have vague memories of an Ancient Egyptian aesthetic being mentioned regarding the Predators somewhere? Or am I imagining that? Is that not something already in the lore?

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2020, 10:21:18 AM
I have vague memories of an Ancient Egyptian aesthetic being mentioned regarding the Predators somewhere? Or am I imaging that? Is that not something already in the lore?

I think it may be the Predator royalty that net gunned Dutch and slaughtered his whole team.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Correct!!!

Quote16 – Dutch's Run In: "March 10th, 2008. The team is pretty shaken. On our last mission, Dutch's crew was killed. We dispatched his team to a hunting ground near a small village, but the entire village was empty. Investigating the scene revealed a fresh human skull and spine, impaled and dangling on a Predator spear at the centre of the village. that's when all hell broke loose. The team could find no target, as, one by one, they were picked off.. Dutch got the survivors into cover and offered himself up as a challenge as he drew his own spear. Within seconds, he stood face to face with a very unique Predator. He described its armour as far more ornate, almost Egyptian in its regal design.

Physically, it was slimmer, yet far more deadly than any previously encountered Predator. Based on this description, I'm confident that what he encountered was the female of the species Our assumption has been that all known Predators have been male, though up until now it was mostly an informed guess. Dutch was ambushed, pinned to a wall by the female's net-launcher. And he observed the Predator walk toward him and then activate her shoulder cannon, which quickly shot every member of his team with astonishing precision. And as the razor-netting cut into his face, blood, apparently, ran into his eyes and Dutch says he only barely saw the Predator cloak and disappear into the jungle. Given the heavy casualties and Dutch's severe injuries, it's unlikely we'll be sending teams out for some time. I fear we've kicked the hornet's nest one this one and, well, now the queen is pissed."

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Cleo, Tiki and Valkyre, 3 new Predator characters, 2 of which are confirmed female, this will be interesting

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2020, 12:04:49 PM
Correct!!!

Quote16 – Dutch's Run In: "March 10th, 2008. The team is pretty shaken. On our last mission, Dutch's crew was killed. We dispatched his team to a hunting ground near a small village, but the entire village was empty. Investigating the scene revealed a fresh human skull and spine, impaled and dangling on a Predator spear at the centre of the village. that's when all hell broke loose. The team could find no target, as, one by one, they were picked off.. Dutch got the survivors into cover and offered himself up as a challenge as he drew his own spear. Within seconds, he stood face to face with a very unique Predator. He described its armour as far more ornate, almost Egyptian in its regal design.

Physically, it was slimmer, yet far more deadly than any previously encountered Predator. Based on this description, I'm confident that what he encountered was the female of the species Our assumption has been that all known Predators have been male, though up until now it was mostly an informed guess. Dutch was ambushed, pinned to a wall by the female's net-launcher. And he observed the Predator walk toward him and then activate her shoulder cannon, which quickly shot every member of his team with astonishing precision. And as the razor-netting cut into his face, blood, apparently, ran into his eyes and Dutch says he only barely saw the Predator cloak and disappear into the jungle. Given the heavy casualties and Dutch's severe injuries, it's unlikely we'll be sending teams out for some time. I fear we've kicked the hornet's nest one this one and, well, now the queen is pissed."

The only one that bested Dutch!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I wonder if Tiki will be reminiscent of the more primitive looking Preds of Kehua.

What I still want to know is... Where is Scar and Mr. Black!?

Kailem

Kailem

I'd love it if they included a Predator that looked like that. One of the reasons I like the Alpha so much is the idea of a "primitive" Predator with no actual tech (even though they've had to fudge that a bit in the game), so those guys or ones that looked like them would be a welcome addition.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm surprised we haven't seen more classes directly taken from the comics yet. They have the license for it.

bendinglight

bendinglight

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 10, 2020, 08:35:26 AM
I'm surprised we haven't seen more classes directly taken from the comics yet. They have the license for it.

This! Would love to see the two from Bad Blood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed