The Datamine Thread

Started by PAS Spinelli, Jul 07, 2020, 09:03:03 PM

Author
The Datamine Thread (Read 39,403 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, it seems pretty crazy at face-value. :)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 01, 2020, 11:51:17 AM

I imagine that would be utter chaos. A good Predator player can take out a whole fire time team. Let alone 2 or 3 more. I see that being a balancing problem.

Tichinde

Tichinde

sounds awesome. I would love to play with my buddy and maybe one of you guys and coordinate strategies together to take down FTs. imo, teamwork would be a must, since like 8 guys would basically oneshot any lone predator.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: The Shuriken on Sep 02, 2020, 02:55:28 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 01, 2020, 11:51:17 AM

I imagine that would be utter chaos. A good Predator player can take out a whole fire time team. Let alone 2 or 3 more. I see that being a balancing problem.

With this recent patch, I think it will give Preds a better fighting chance now. I just seen the new mercenary gun with Yautja Bane take down a hunter class Pred in just 30 shots

And yes it was standing there but it shows that damage output can melt a Pred super easily. Even a loosely teamed Fireteam can heavily send a Pred into Second Wind.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Thanks for sharing Turok. While I'm not a big fan of the Dutch 87 class, I did love using that weapon last night!

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

It's already been posted on the Illfonic forums as well as the sub-reddit but we have new masks incoming. To me they look like things we've seen before but in the Hunting Grounds art style. The first one reminds me of Scar's concept art from AVP. The second looks to me like a modern version of Boar as well as the third may have taken influence from what I think is the Homeworld Predator. I like the first one TBH since I do like the Predator having some of it's physical features shown on the mask kind of like Gort.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

New backpack gear:

New FT Member:

UPDATE

New class is OWLF Operative:

Notice the melee weapon?

Finished versions of these masks look a bit better.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I love the Thermal Suit. It should be interesting how they balance this. I wonder if the OWLF Operative will be paid DLC.

But dammit if that Smart Disc wasn't supposed to be Mike Harrigan's weapon... but that great ship seems sailed. :(

Santoslive19

Santoslive19

I hope,  free update! Probably by oct 16

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 02, 2020, 09:41:09 PM
I love the Thermal Suit. It should be interesting how they balance this. I wonder if the OWLF Operative will be paid DLC.

But dammit if that Smart Disc wasn't supposed to be Mike Harrigan's weapon... but that great ship seems sailed. :(

Who's to say? Maybe we can have Mike the exclusive ability of throwing it? Not to mention the menu is notorious for having weapon/item icons in sections that don't belong and this could be a glitch that they could be fixing up. Yeah, one thing for sure, I want Mike Harrigan in this game now too.

And I dig the new Vapor mask a whole lot, reminds me of a high tech version of Ancient's mask from AVP, especially with that trinket on the mask. 

Kailem

Kailem

Interesting that the OWLF operative is going to be an actual class. Any time his name cropped up in datamines before I always just assumed it was the file name for the guy who appears in the chopper to collect the Predator body at the end of some missions.

The idea and the sui are cool, but I do wonder how they're going to balance him if he's basically always going to be the equivalent of being mudded. A full team of four of those guys would make the Predator's thermal vision virtually useless unless they had some sort of downside to compensate.

And looking at it again, I quite like that second mask. The first one is really similar to one of the new ones we just got, with the mandibles. Not a big fan of the third one though, but I guess at least it's different. And I assume the new backpack is just going to be a cosmetic thing too.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

The OWLF class looks like it'll have very low health meaning that while it'll move fast and carry a lot of gear it's going to be very weak. Assuming thermal suit means it'll look as if it's constantly mudded or even like that one perk that makes you appear a bit colder then it probably should still ping on the isolation scan.

A team of these guys are going to have to be vigilant to avoid Predator since at range I'd imagine they'd get picked off pretty easy.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Looks cool but they need to watch out for the balancing, the fireteam is already strong enough.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Updated Shuriken. Likely will be a weapon released with the Scar Predator DLC.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The Smart Disc laughs at your Shuriken! It laughs from its mountain!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed