The Datamine Thread (Read 39,556 times)

Kradan

Kradan

*said the man on the site known as AVPGalaxy*

Galactus123

Galactus123

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 05, 2020, 11:22:08 PM
AvP is not canon, never was and hopefully never will be
I'm pretty sure they are canon to Predator movies. Alien skull was seen in Predator 2. Alien movies don't think them as canon though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Word of God seems to be that yes, the AvPs are canon to the Predator series as of The Predator.

Kradan

Kradan

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 06, 2020, 07:58:51 AM
Word of God seems to be that yes, the AvPs are canon to the Predator series as of The Predator.

Which makes my much maligned homegirl canonical!

;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

To Predator, sure.  :laugh:

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I'm still not accepting of Yautja as a canonical aspect never mind a shared AVP universe.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Aug 06, 2020, 02:16:09 PM
I'm still not accepting of Yautja as a canonical aspect never mind a shared AVP universe.

You will accept it!!

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Galactus123 on Aug 06, 2020, 06:28:19 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 05, 2020, 11:22:08 PM
AvP is not canon, never was and hopefully never will be
I'm pretty sure they are canon to Predator movies. Alien skull was seen in Predator 2. Alien movies don't think them as canon though.
The skull was a easter egg because SW studios had worked on Aliens prior to Predator 2, the only piece of Predator media that acknowledges AvP is The Predator but that movie also tries to say autism is a power that allows you to translate anything and that Predators get our spines for our DNA and not for sport. And much like all retcons made in The Predator, current canon lore ignores AvP

Again, if AVP is canon, where is the mark on all the Predators we've seen so far? Why did Greyback not have the mark? Jungle Hunter is basically a confirmed blooded Warrior as he was hunting by himself and not being overseen by his Clan, where was his mark? All of the Lost Clan lacked the Mark yet, as of PHG, they are all confirmed older than City Hunter, so where is their mark?

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

As Hicks so poignantly put it: Different clans different practices

It's hands down the easiest explanation for any inconsistencies amongst Predators.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 06, 2020, 04:40:00 PM
The skull was a easter egg because SW studios had worked on Aliens prior to Predator 2, the only piece of Predator media that acknowledges AvP is The Predator but that movie also tries to say autism is a power that allows you to translate anything and that Predators get our spines for our DNA and not for sport. And much like all retcons made in The Predator, current canon lore ignores AvP

Errrrrr, ummm, bzzzz, wrong answer!! Stargazer will hunt you down now.

Stargazer is in the new Predator: Hunting Grounds game which has been confirmed as canon. Along with Stargazer, the mandible Pred-dogs are in the current Titan Prequel novel to said game titled Predator: Stalking Shadows.

But fortunately for us, not all Predators harvest DNA!

So just remember...

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 06, 2020, 05:54:17 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 06, 2020, 04:40:00 PM

Errrrrr, ummm, bzzzz, wrong answer!! Stargazer will hunt you down now.

Stargazer is in the new Predator: Hunting Grounds game which has been confirmed as canon. Along with Stargazer, the mandible Pred-dogs are in the current Titan Prequel novel Predator: Stalking Shadows.

But fortunately for us, not all Predators harvest DNA!

So just remember...

I said current lore ignores the retcons, as in, the retcon that the Predators hunt for DNA to mutate themselves and they are hunting humans for our DNA and, sigh, autism.
Also, Shane said one thing outside the movie, but in the movie, the characters specifically reference the ENTIRE species as hybridizing themselves, we should judge the movie based on what it offers, not with outside info not referenced in it

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 06, 2020, 06:03:14 PM
I said current lore ignores the retcons, as in, the retcon that the Predators hunt for DNA to mutate themselves and they are hunting humans for our DNA and, sigh, autism.

Uh, so The Predator isn't canon? Or Stargazer is, Sean Keyes is, hybrid Pred-Dogs are canon, but the movie itself isn't including AvP connections? When did this happen? Can you show us?

QuoteAlso, Shane said one thing outside the movie, but in the movie, the characters specifically reference the ENTIRE species as hybridizing themselves,

First, even when you say ENTIRE in all caps, it still doesn't make it true. ;)  Second, when did they declare "entire species" in the movie? I must have missed that. I heard Traeger theorize, within 24 hours of Traeger wanting Casey to investigate if a human f*cked a Predator. It sounds like these hypothesis are still hypothesis, works in progress. Even Nimród won't deny the Super Predators dabble in hybridization.

Quotewe should judge the movie based on what it offers, not with outside info not referenced in it

Yet at the same time suggest something outside retconned certain moments inside the film including AvP:P

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 06, 2020, 06:03:14 PM
Also, Shane said one thing outside the movie, but in the movie, the characters specifically reference the ENTIRE species as hybridizing themselves, we should judge the movie based on what it offers, not with outside info not referenced in it

That logic seems like picking and choosing to me. Creators absolutely have the ability to lay more insight on what occurred in a novel, movie, ect. Sure there are outliners against this notion, aka J. K. Rowling, but mostly it had always given clarity to lore in where viewers get confused.

Secondly, if we are talking about canon and how the AVP series shares timeline with Predator, we can take a look at Hunting Grounds. HG is canon to the series and had proven that Predators still hunt for sport. Sean Keyes and Dutch tapes have shown that throughout the years Predators are hunting for sport and also visiting more frequently due to the increasing global temperatures and human conflict that attracts them. Predator Hunting Grounds even has hints thanks to the DATAmining, that if the Super Predators are going to make an appearance than that should mean that the introduction of Bad Bloods is a possibility and so far its been shown that bad bloods are the ones who are DNA splicing.

Lastly, if AVP is canon to the timeline in The Predator, the Isolated Clan (I believe that is the canon name for Scar/Celtic/Chopper's clan) would have shown signs of taken Alien DNA and attempt hybridization. Not to mention taken Lex's spine since she shown great intelligence and resourcefulness. Again not all clans do DNA splicing and not all clans use Aliens to brand themselves in ritual hunts. 

So all in all, don't take the as me accepting the idea of weaponized autism cuz I still think this is incredibly stupid. However the idea of a clan of Predators practicing hybridization isn't far fetched either. Nothing is monolithic and Predators being a race of sapient beings will have their own diverse ideas on how to practice the common sacred ritual of The Hunt, some hunt Aliens and brand themselves with them with their blood, others do hybridization. After all look as us humans who have seven continents, hosting just under two hundred sovereign states, with an estimated five thousand ethnicities and 7,000 living languages. There is no reason to suspect that alien life forms would be any different.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Oh boy here we go again with the Canon...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed