The Datamine Thread

Started by PAS Spinelli, Jul 07, 2020, 09:03:03 PM

Author
The Datamine Thread (Read 38,811 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I agree. Really hoping for Hell Hounds in this one.! I mean, dogs would be dumb AI anyway, so kind of disguises itself!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Nah, let's get some Aliens in this jungle.

Kradan

Kradan

Yay  :D !

I mean, it's AVPGalaxy, right ? Idea existed since 90s, just embrace it !

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 04, 2020, 12:43:22 AM
Nah, let's get some Aliens in this jungle.

In an Alien vs. Predator game, sure! We kind of got a taste of that in 2010 but I think it lost something when it got to the Jungle maps. I'd still love to see it in a film, though. A hived up jungle.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 03, 2020, 04:38:41 PM
You want alien creatures? Add the hell-hounds, river ghosts or some of those other creatures on or off that trophy wall. Expand the Predator lore. That's what you do!

Yes please! Give me the River Ghosts!

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 04, 2020, 07:29:31 AM
I'd still love to see it in a film, though. A hived up jungle.

How woud you imagine that looking though ? Gluing hosts to the trees ?  I've hard time picturing it in my head. I think, xenos would prefer more closed, claustrophobic spaces like caves or mines or something like that where it's easier to ambush potential hosts

Tichinde

Tichinde

I gotta be honest though I can't seperate aliens and predators lol, like they are so intertwined in a harmonious balance i don't even consider it a crossover series at this point, just purely cohesive. Now for Alien fans exclusively im sure you will throw a shit fit, but for me every predator in the history of predators is tied to the hard meat in some way. Predators can't even hunt sentient species alone before being blooded which means somewhere along the line the Jungle Hunter killed an Alien to become a man. Its all tied together, its not seperate, be like me and embrace the connection, don't go throwing a bitch fit over every incongruity, just accept your favorite sci fi monsters are bred to be hunted and killed by teenage predators as a rite of passage. They are insects to the almighty Yautja amen 🙏

Kradan

Kradan

I liked where it was going but then oof

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 05, 2020, 01:57:20 AM
Predators can't even hunt sentient species alone before being blooded which means somewhere along the line the Jungle Hunter killed an Alien to become a man.

Considering that outside of the AvP film's (actually, does Wolf even have one? I know he's scarred up to f**k, but I can't remember seeing one on his actual face?), none of the Predators are shown to have blooding marks, that doesn't work.

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 04, 2020, 07:52:51 AM

How woud you imagine that looking though ? Gluing hosts to the trees ?  I've hard time picturing it in my head. I think, xenos would prefer more closed, claustrophobic spaces like caves or mines or something like that where it's easier to ambush potential hosts

I imagine like those scary ass jungle images with spider-webs all over the place. I just see them creating their own kind of grottos.

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 05, 2020, 07:05:20 AM
I liked where it was going but then oof

I kinda felt like it was too preachy it started out serious but then I made it a joke at the end  :P

"Considering that outside of the AvP film's (actually, does Wolf even have one? I know he's scarred up to f**k, but I can't remember seeing one on his actual face?), none of the Predators are shown to have blooding marks, that doesn't work."

I think that's a relatively small compliant. Firstly, Wolf had half his face burned off, so I severely doubt if he did have a mark we would see it. Secondly, the lost tribe, the JH are all pre AVP, so complaining about them not having scarring is unfair, in lore I assume they would nowadays

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's not unfair. It just doesn't fit with the established lore from then. You can head canon it and say they have different practices better than you can just saying it was made before AvP. It's got to fit.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 05, 2020, 07:39:38 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 04, 2020, 07:52:51 AM

I imagine like those scary ass jungle images with spider-webs all over the place. I just see them creating their own kind of grottos.

Hm, I can see that. I still think they would choose less-open enviroment, but at least now I can picture it in my head. Yeah, it would be cool visual for sure

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 05, 2020, 10:57:13 AM
It's not unfair. It just doesn't fit with the established lore from then. You can head canon it and say they have different practices better than you can just saying it was made before AvP. It's got to fit.

I mean sure, but like there's a distinct difference here. The pre-req to being a clan leader is to at least be blooded, Greyback is confirmed to be the leader of the LA hunting party and as we see they've got a xeno skull. Yet Greyback doesn't have the mark on his head. Where is it? Well I don't know, maybe it's hidden under all that sexy body armor, but either way we know he's blooded, so maybe some clans marks the blood of the kill and others don't? I guess that would make sense, because we know from Neca Berserker has killed his first Xeno and he isn't blooded. The guy hive wars predator wasn't blooded visually and we know he killed a shit ton of xenos.

It's not headcanon, I'm trying to straddle the inconsistencies just like you are, though I think it comes out like Fandom because some of the theories I propose aren't that good and are based on a singular clans rules rather than the entire species *shrug*

If you have a better explanation feel free.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 05, 2020, 11:14:14 AM
Yet Greyback doesn't have the mark on his head. Where is it? Well I don't know, maybe it's hidden under all that sexy body armor,

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 05, 2020, 11:14:14 AM
If you have a better explanation feel free.

You wont like the explanation. In the real world, it's quite simply that they aren't all connected the way you want them to be. They aren't a Cinematic Universe the way that Marvel is. That isn't how they were constructed and trying to fit them together requires some degree of mental gymnastics. Or more accurately, head-canon. That's all it is. Head canon. And there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't expect everyone else to be onboard with your interpretation, because that is all it is. And again, there's nothing wrong with that in the slightest.

Personally, I just go back to what I said earlier. It's just the easiest way for me to interpret all the different Predator films, all the different Predator appearances. Different Predator clans. Different clans have different practices. Different clans are made up of different Predator ethnicity. That's my take on it.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

AvP is not canon, never was and hopefully never will be

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed