Giger's Alien-inspired art

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Nov 12, 2017, 05:05:13 AM

Author
Giger's Alien-inspired art (Read 40,926 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

That's it. If you can find some interesting works inspired by Giger's Alien, be sure to share it here. I'll start with these nice homages: 

"X9" by Pascal Blanché

Xenomorph#01 by Pascal Blanché

D_Island#01 by Pascal Blanché

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Pascal Blanché is a highly talented artist who was the Art Director of the Avatar game before the film was released. I had an Avatar fan site that grew in popularity, and Pascal was one of the concept artists who reached out to me. A number of the film's concept artists contacted me, which was a great surprise for an amateur hobby site. But it was getting top listing on Google for awhile before the film's release.

Pascal gave me permission to display a gallery of his work which is still on my site today. Along with other notable concept artists, Wayne Barlowe, Ryan Church, Dylan Cole, Neville Page, and Jordu Schell. In fact Jordu Schell requested a phone interview which I still have displayed on my site. He was the lead character designer. He has also designed maquettes of the xenomorph. They all gave me permission to showcase galleries of their work, which I still have displayed.

Here's a few pieces Pascal sent me to display for his gallery. I don't know if you would call these "Giger's Alien inspired," but there's some similarities. I see also a bit of Frazetta in his style.....

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ah nice thread, nice pictures.

I guess Beksinski is partially a Giger/Alien inspired artist (then again whos not):

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I love beksinki.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: kwisatz on Nov 12, 2017, 05:44:44 AM
Ah nice thread, nice pictures.

I guess Beksinski is partially a Giger/Alien inspired artist (then again whos not):

https://i0.wp.com/surrealismtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Zdzislaw-Beksinski-untitled-80.jpg?w=468&h=454&crop&ssl=1

Probably just a coincidence, but I found similarities between some of his paintings and some of the Prometheus stuffs:

Urns

Engineer's head

Engineers

A vague similarity with Giger's interpretation of Böcklin's "The Isle of the Dead"

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Nov 12, 2017, 05:34:38 AM
Pascal Blanché is a highly talented artist who was the Art Director of the Avatar game before the film was released. I had an Avatar fan site that grew in popularity, and Pascal was one of the concept artists who reached out to me. A number of the film's concept artists contacted me, which was a great surprise for an amateur hobby site. But it was getting top listing on Google for awhile before the film's release.

Pascal gave me permission to display a gallery of his work which is still on my site today. Along with other notable concept artists, Wayne Barlowe, Ryan Church, Dylan Cole, Neville Page, and Jordu Schell. In fact Jordu Schell requested a phone interview which I still have displayed on my site. He was the lead character designer. He has also designed maquettes of the xenomorph. They all gave me permission to showcase galleries of their work, which I still have displayed.

Here's a few pieces Pascal sent me to display for his gallery. I don't know if you would call these "Giger's Alien inspired," but there's some similarities. I see also a bit of Frazetta in his style.....

http://www.scifimoviezone.com/imageavatarartists/blanche05.jpg

http://www.scifimoviezone.com/imageavatarartists/blanche04.jpg

http://www.scifimoviezone.com/imageavatarartists/blanche02.jpg

http://www.scifimoviezone.com/imageavatarartists/blanche07.jpg

Wayne Barlowe is one of my favorites!

By the way, I found another artist. His name is Santiago Betancur. Have a look at his art:

Mutant Fifield vibe

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

"Wayne Barlowe is one of my favorites! "

Those who hold a recurring interest of the film concept artist community, know he's one of the heavyweights of the field. I had the pleasure of correspondence with him and here's a couple pieces among others he gave me permission to showcase his artwork in my galleries. ....

Scorpio

Scorpio

Giger has such a dinstinctive style, none of these come close to actual Giger art.  Still good, though.

Immortan Jonesy

Biomech and Cthulhu Bust by Dominic Qwek

Sphinx and Stormtrooper Giger by Russell Gwilliams

Xenocthulhu and Sil by IlyaSuhoi

D88M

D88M

wow

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's some really cool stuff in here. Thanks for sharing!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

kwisatz

kwisatz

Some great stuff, thanks Shrimp!

Xeno-shark, now wouldnt that be something for the brothers?  :D

Immortan Jonesy

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

I dont have anything to contribute, but I will say this: nice pictures.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed