NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 834,083 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

If they're on ebay for MSRP and from China, they're almost certainly knock-offs.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Not that that makes much difference with NECA QC.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

To be fair...the knock off paints seem worse...

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

People keep saying that, but the paintjobs on most of my legit NECA Aliens have been dire. Really thick, gluggy paint obscuring detail and fusing joints etc. I've seen plenty of photos of knockoffs, some even posted here iirc, with better paint than at least half of my real ones.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I have 17 neca figures and 1 knockoff celtic predator.

The paint job on the knockoff is far worse than any of my other figures. Also the materials it's made of seem to be of a cheaper quality

Not to say neca has good paint jobs, just that the fake one is noticeably worse.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Maybe I've just had terrible luck, but I've got 11 NECA figures and the only one I'd consider to be acceptable quality on both assembly and paint is the 1/4 scale Predator Elder.

The two standard preds have atrociously misaligned paint and most of the Aliens have serious assembly issues (big gaps, outright glued joints - not just stiff or paint flooded, bent limbs that heating only fixes for a few minutes, etc) and really lousy paintwork.

And this is after having had the very worst offenders replaced (which had things like missing parts, four left handed dorsal tubes etc).

426Buddy

426Buddy

My timing is no good lol I edited my post to mention that the paint job on the necas are not good just better than the fake one.

judge death

judge death

Well depends but as some say: necas own paintjob and quality on their stuff is a hit or miss thing and depends heavily on who in the factory put it together and painted it. Some are painted very badly while some are really well painted.
From 6 of my aliens warriors from neca, 2 have a terrible paintjob, 2 acceptable level and 2 which looks like they should. Only 2 have good joints and are perfect, rest have imperfections....

The knock offs: Most of them are made in the same factory after they closed, by workers making extra molds and then put it together either there if no one sees them or at their homes. And same here: if the person making it is good then the knock off is very close to the real thing, but then there are those who make a ton of those knock offs and is lazy and you end up with bad knock offs....

Then you have the true knock offs: people who make their own copies of these and they are even worse.

I also noticed:
Necas xenomorph figures and the more advanced figures often have worse quality than their more simple human figures where I havent encountered same amount of problems, my guess is they produce these figures in way too fast pace to allow those who work to take the proper time making them, and necas own quality control miss a lot, but thats a theory of mine.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Agree with your theory, and I'm also glad you brought up that most of the "knockoffs" come from the same moulds in the same factory being operated by the same people.

Kradan

Kradan

Huh. Makes sense

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

Thanks for the replys. Yeah, I decided to pony up the cash and get the authentic figures for 2-3x MSRP/Knock-off price. Worth it, though, none of them have any bad paint jobs. And Mantis Alien is frickin amazing. I must've lucked out because all his limbs are sturdy (for now, still gonna get a stand for him) and he can hold all the poses I make, which I read was a problem as many people say he has loose joints.

QUESTION, is there any way to fix a loose inner-jaw??? The one for my Scorpion Alien is completely loose and flops all the way out if I just tilt the figure forward...

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 15, 2022, 11:07:17 PM
Agree with your theory, and I'm also glad you brought up that most of the "knockoffs" come from the same moulds in the same factory being operated by the same people.

My Celtic knockoff is not made like the rest of my Neca figures, If it was in the same factory then this guy must have been cobbled together from scraps.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 16, 2022, 01:45:02 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 15, 2022, 11:07:17 PM

My Celtic knockoff is not made like the rest of my Neca figures, If it was in the same factory then this guy must have been cobbled together from scraps.
Read my comment: there are also the true knock offs, made not by the factory etc but made in their own whatever shed they use and use their own plastic to make them, those are the worst knock offs to get and falls apart easily and looks terrible. xD

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

I just realized something, my Scorpion Alien didn't come with a minicomic. I know its official because I bought it at Target. Is that a common thing? I looked on eBay and it seems that some come with comics and don't. Was this a production change? Or did Neca's Wonder Quality Control strike again?

lightsyder

lightsyder

Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Feb 26, 2022, 06:12:35 AM
I just realized something, my Scorpion Alien didn't come with a minicomic. I know its official because I bought it at Target. Is that a common thing? I looked on eBay and it seems that some come with comics and don't. Was this a production change? Or did Neca's Wonder Quality Control strike again?

If the mini comics were printed by dark horse it might be because they lost the license.  Any new runs might not be able to use them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed