James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy

Started by Darkoo, Jul 18, 2007, 04:12:35 PM

Author
James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy (Read 710,353 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Man knows this might flop at the box office 👀

https://twitter.com/AndyVermaut/status/1594925174272692225

But also what to do if he succeeds! 😲 plus the fact that he's going to be too old to finish his Avatar universe...

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1597953693898477569

Valaquen

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 30, 2022, 10:22:59 AMNo-one can understand a single word a true-blooded Scotsman utters.

:'(

Gazz

HuDaFuK

Darkplace was the shit.

skhellter

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

I'll definitely be heading out to see this with some family members before Christmas.

The last time I dipped my toe into some 3D waters was with the JAWS (3D conversion) big screen release earlier this year, and I'm looking forward to getting fully immersed in the cinematic depths of AVATAR 2's lush oceanic settings too.

But I'm going to fit in a re-watch of the 'Extended Collector's Edition' cut of the original movie at some point first, as it's been years since I've seen it.  It's the only version I'd ever re-watch, due to the additional 'Future Earth' scenes which introduce Jake Sully's character in a much better way at the beginning, and gives a neat juxtaposition between our planet's over-populated, hi-tech lifestyle and the simpler beauty of Pandora's tribes and nature.

Just as with the restored ending for THE ABYSS Special Edition, the re-instated sequences at the start of AVATAR in this version make for a much more satisfying watch overall, I find.  Just a pity they were ditched for the theatrical showings in the first place.

Kradan

This makes me wonder: can you imagine an alternative timeline in which Cameron directed sequel to Blade Runner instead of Aliens ?

Ingwar

If Blade Runner didn't flop then yes.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 07, 2022, 06:08:40 AMThis makes me wonder: can you imagine an alternative timeline in which Cameron directed sequel to Blade Runner instead of Aliens ?

BLADE RUNNER$

Kradan

Haha, with multiple Deckards hunting each other and you don't know which one is human

Spoiler
Plot Twist: ALL of them are replicants
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 07, 2022, 01:59:23 PMHaha, with multiple Deckards hunting each other and you don't know which one is human

Spoiler
Plot Twist: ALL of them are replicants
[close]

Ridley would approve. Ford wouldn't.

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed