Sigourney Weaver Updates Us On Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Perfect-Organism, Apr 21, 2016, 06:52:21 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Updates Us On Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 37,159 times)

CainsSon

The game at this point is to EXPAND the Universe and Cross-pollinate like MARVEL.

Everyone complains about RIPLEY's inclusion because they want an Alien story that goes elsewhere, but we HAVE THAT. We have confirmation of 3 more movies of that. So why be excited about this then? I think its because we all know Ripley just adds something to the series and that's why Blomkamp's film is exciting.

I also hope they fix the A3 and AR mess, by making the Ripley in 3 or THIS ONE a clone as well.

Like it opens with some shady Company people who have been covering shit up all along, boarding the SULACO after Aliens but she has already been facehugged, so they clone her, and keep the real Ripley in stasis, rather than risk losing the Queen inside her. Only something goes wrong and that causes the fire? Or maybe the military boards, and demands answers so the shady types start some shit and start the fire so the military stops asking questions and they have their specimens.

I dunno. It's forced as all hell but so is the beginning of A3 so they could potentially fix that.

At the end of the day, FOX wants it all to connect. Alien, Predator, AVP and the Mythology of Prometheus. Maybe even Avatar (god help us).

LordCassusSnow

CainsSon, official canon for this series is listed in the Weyland Yutani Report. It's very apparent fox does not want it all to connect. At least not Avp and Avatar  :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 23, 2016, 04:09:51 PM
All this stuff has inspired me to try and submit my own fanfiction to Fox, they might actually like it and it could get green lit. You never know! If a fan can do it, why can't the other fans? You lot should give it a shot. You never know... you might just be the next director of Alien VI.

Totally, go for it. Just make sure you have written and directed at least three successful, full-length feature films and received a few Oscar noms for one of them.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 23, 2016, 08:15:13 PM
The game at this point is to EXPAND the Universe and Cross-pollinate like MARVEL.

Everyone complains about RIPLEY's inclusion because they want an Alien story that goes elsewhere, but we HAVE THAT. We have confirmation of 3 more movies of that. So why be excited about this then? I think its because we all know Ripley just adds something to the series and that's why Blomkamp's film is exciting.

I also hope they fix the A3 and AR mess, by making the Ripley in 3 or THIS ONE a clone as well.

Like it opens with some shady Company people who have been covering shit up all along, boarding the SULACO after Aliens but she has already been facehugged, so they clone her, and keep the real Ripley in stasis, rather than risk losing the Queen inside her. Only something goes wrong and that causes the fire? Or maybe the military boards, and demands answers so the shady types start some shit and start the fire so the military stops asking questions and they have their specimens.

I dunno. It's forced as all hell but so is the beginning of A3 so they could potentially fix that.

At the end of the day, FOX wants it all to connect. Alien, Predator, AVP and the Mythology of Prometheus. Maybe even Avatar (god help us).

If I understand correctly, the work on W-Y Report was basically wrapped up by the time Blomkamp's news came out.  So if Blomkamp's film will happen, then W-Y Report will become either obsolete, or it will reflect an alternate timeline.  I suspect that even if Blomkamp's film doesn't come out Alien Covenant and other Ridley Scott films would collide with W-Y Report.  My best recommendation is to treat W-Y Report as the pinnacle of the Alien universe's current continuity.  Even if A3 and AR are retconned, this will be a classic book about those films.

CainsSon

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 23, 2016, 10:08:27 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 23, 2016, 08:15:13 PM

If I understand correctly, the work on W-Y Report was basically wrapped up by the time Blomkamp's news came out.  So if Blomkamp's film will happen, then W-Y Report will become either obsolete, or it will reflect an alternate timeline.  I suspect that even if Blomkamp's film doesn't come out Alien Covenant and other Ridley Scott films would collide with W-Y Report.  My best recommendation is to treat W-Y Report as the pinnacle of the Alien universe's current continuity.  Even if A3 and AR are retconned, this will be a classic book about those films.

I didnt pick that one up yet. What does it say regarding this stuff that has everyone so convinced?
As much as I love that stuff - especially books and novels... I always advise against taking anything outside of the films as holding much weight. Even games like ISOLATION - Id say there's always the prospect of those becoming films one day, and you can bet if that were to happen, they would change a lot of things to make the story new.

I have the pleasure of seeing Sigourney Weaver present ALIENS, in NYC, this Tuesday, for 4/26.
Im guessing this will come up and I will be sure to update everyone if she says anything interesting or new.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Apr 23, 2016, 12:35:50 AM
If FOX was wise, they would venture into more animation and short films in both the Alien and Predator universe. The events of Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 should be used as reference points to where the new stories would take place timeline wise, but I find we need move away from Ripley.

Would using other characters during similar time periods disrespect the story of Ripley? Absolutely not. That was her story. Time for other tales to be told.

Completely agree. I've been hoping for an animated Alien or Predator film for a long time now. I think there's some real scope and exploration to be had in it.

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 23, 2016, 03:49:17 AM
She is holding the series back.  Last time I looked this series was called:

A  L  I  E  N

and not:

E  L  L  E  N

That's a problem I have as well. There does seem to be too much of an over-reliance on Ripley.

That said, I'm still hopeful for Alien 3.2. I'm very curious to see what they do with it.

Ryan741

Ryan741

It's good that this potential film is still getting people talking about it despite Covenant taking front seat at the moment.

Perfect-Organism

That's because there was so much media silence for a long time on the subject.  Distance makes the heart grow fond.

It's the same technique Axl Rose used for Guns N Roses.  At the height of their fame, he just closed the doors.  With time, the fans went bananas asking for more.

It takes balls to step back from the limelight sometimes, and the results can be spectacular.  The fact that everybody stopped talking about Alien V for a few months, did the film a lot of good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed