NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,172,952 times)

The Ancient One

The Ancient One

Quote from: Milan on Nov 24, 2016, 04:22:23 PM
Quote from: The Ancient One on Nov 24, 2016, 11:57:38 AM
Here's the rundown on the figure sizes:

Jungle Hunter: Same body size as before new articulation added no shared parts with AVP. Added articulation = ab crunch, ball jointed waist, turn joint at bicep, double jointed elbows, gauntlets are separate sculpt now which added a turn joint there.

City Hunter: Same body size as before new articulation added no shared parts with AVP. Added articulation: ab crunch, turn joint at bicep, double jointed elbows, gauntlets are separate sculpt now which added turn joint.

AVP: Larger scale same articulation as Ultimate JH and CH but the leg armor is sculpted separate and can be removed unlike JH & CH. The articulation is also hidden better because the articulation was sculpted into the sculpt and with JH & CH the added articulation was added to the sculpt.

Hope this helps 2 differnt height sizes and no shared parts it would look silly.

The torso and legs from Ghost in series 16 will be used to make "Ultimate Jungle Hunter". I'm sure they will use the same body for "Ultimate city Hunter"...If you look at the waist line on ghost then you'll see that it ain't the same body with added articulation, the upperbody/ torso is a new mold. The articulation joint at the waist is now a ball joint, same as City Hunter and AVP predators so the upperbody on Ghost is all new mold...Previous figures who used the Jungel Hunter mold had a swirvel joint at the waist.

I'm working on scar predator right now, made his lower legs shorter so his knees aren't visable when standing upright, that makes him about the same height as the City Hunter, I'm thinking about shorting his torso but haven't desided the best way to do it, without losing articulation. I'll post pics when he's finished :-)

The P1 body was updated with the last Masked P1 release to have the double jointed knees and ball hips. Neca updated the P1 body again for the Ultimate P1 (which will see release this winter) this time adding to the last update the ab crunch, ball waist, bicep turn and double jointed elbows.

P2 received the ab crunch, bicep turn and double jointed elbows for the Ultimate P2 release

Both of these updated bodies were used for the latest Kenner wave that's why they were late Randy asked the fans if they wanted them out earlier or willing to wait for the new bodies to be implemented the fans spoke so we got the new bodies. So yes the upper body of P1 is a new sculpt I just didn't know I'd need to be more specific then stating that articulation was added.

New P1 buck = Ghost & stalker bodies

New P2 buck = Spiketail body

AVP buck = differnt scale all AVP figures so far

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Nov 24, 2016, 07:22:48 PM
Well to be fair, one could argue that the figure is too green; green seemed to be used in the comic as a undertone (like the black in a classic Daredevil costume or the blue in Black Panther's first appearance).

However, I think it gives the figure an extra retro, comic-book feel - I'm digging it.

Yeah I wouldn't be averse to making the green perhaps a little darker, so it looks a bit more like it does on the cover:

But it's not something that would super bother me if it stayed as it appears here.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I was able to pick up Ghost and Spiked Tail this weekend at my comic shop. I skipped on the other one, as much as I like the armor I don't like the glow in the dark gimmick.

I'm REALLY impressed with the two I did get though. Spiked Tail fits right in with Borg, I'm glad I bought a few fully armored Borg's when they were available so I can make a nice little "Future/Machine Hunter" clan.

Ghost I think is my favorite of the two, I don't know what it is but I really like him. I added a few spare bones to mine to give him that more tribal look.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Anyone know when the Ultimate Jungle Hunter is comin out?

GQSioux

GQSioux

The 1/4 Scale City Hunter with LED just went up on NECA's eBay store:

City Hunter

Fixed hyperlink - MC

LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Nov 30, 2016, 05:56:08 PM
Anyone know when the Ultimate Jungle Hunter is comin out?

originally CH was slated first for a fall release and JH was slated for DEC/JAN but things got pushed back
so late DEC early / mid JAN for CH and mid FEB for JH is how things are looking

my haul for NOV

picked up ABLINO during NECA's SDCC flash sale

Russ840

Russ840

Are there solid release date for the Ulitmate jungle hunter and Broken Tusk Predators.

I only own Neca Aliens but these two may be for me.

GQSioux

GQSioux

Mine arrived just moments ago.

He's big. I'm just bummed that the spear does not extend. I could've sworn I've seen pictures with a fully extended spear. Maybe it was the older version? Does anyone know?

Master Chief

Master Chief

^ Sweet!

The first batch of Christmas gifts arrived. One for me and one for my daughter. 8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Noice! Hoping to grab a Scarface when he shows up over here!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I really want a Scarface.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm so jelly...I have a mighty need for a scar face

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2016, 08:42:25 AM
Noice! Hoping to grab a Scarface when he shows up over here!
Do you wait for them to show up at a retailer?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 08, 2016, 10:06:10 AM
Yeah, I really want a Scarface.
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Dec 08, 2016, 01:52:57 PM
I'm so jelly...I have a mighty need for a scar face
I found them to be the least expensive at ToysRus.com

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 08, 2016, 03:19:12 PM

Yeah, I try to buy them from brick-and-motor stores or at conventions. It'd be too easy to buy loads online.  :laugh:

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2016, 03:22:52 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 08, 2016, 03:19:12 PM

Yeah, I try to buy them from brick-and-motor stores or at conventions. It'd be too easy to buy loads online.  :laugh:
haha There is something special about taking an action figure off the shelf and buying it on the spot.  Waiting for it to come by post is draining.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed