Alien: Engineers Podcast - AvPGalaxy Podcast #33

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 29, 2016, 10:08:08 PM

Author
Alien: Engineers Podcast - AvPGalaxy Podcast #33 (Read 26,560 times)

TheBATMAN

Another well-done episode gents. I welcome more episodes of this length as it allows for a far more in-depth discussion. I agree with most of the points covered and agree this would have made for a better film. It did need polishing though and I agree the original Giger alien was treated with little respect and it seemed silly to have LV-426 covered in pyramids.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 13, 2016, 06:09:41 PM
Another well-done episode gents. I welcome more episodes of this length as it allows for a far more in-depth discussion.

That seems to be the general consensus! We never really plan them out to a specific time though. They just take as long as they take. Glad you enjoyed - you and tmjhur.  :)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2016, 06:54:22 AM
Quote from: chromhart on Mar 10, 2016, 11:16:27 PM
hey, i can't find a scanned copy anymore but I'll scan mine for u over the weekend

Fantastic! Thanks mate. I look forward to reading it!  :)

Hey chrom, did you get chance to get it up?  :)

CainsSon

This and the last one were quite good topics, I thought.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks, Cain.

I've been doing some more research on the early days of Prometheus for a bigger article I've been working on and from what I've found out, I believe that Alien: Engineers was the 4th major draft that Spaihts did. It would seem there was an additional major draft done after this called Alien Zero.

oduodu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 08, 2016, 09:28:53 AM
Thanks, Cain.

I've been doing some more research on the early days of Prometheus for a bigger article I've been working on and from what I've found out, I believe that Alien: Engineers was the 4th major draft that Spaihts did. It would seem there was an additional major draft done after this called Alien Zero.

Wow that sounds awesome. The stuff that dreams are made of.

I wish there was a book release about all the scripts and how they differed from each other.

Especially Prometheus and how many was written by whom.

It makes me glad to hear spaihts script was the 4 th one as l always wondered about that. Especially why lindelof wrote - was it 8 - drafts?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 08, 2016, 09:28:53 AM
It would seem there was an additional major draft done after this called Alien Zero.

No sugar?

Corporal Hicks

But the same Alien flavor.

Corporal Hicks

Guess which motherf**ker finally got his hands on the Alien 01: Genesis script? Just waiting for Darkness to upload it with the rest and then I'll start a new thread.

oduodu

Serious ?

This made my day ! The scripts of all scripts!!

Thanks

Corporal Hicks

Serious. I've only skimmed it to read the major differences I was expecting to see so I'm not sure how polished it is compared to Engineers but it is after Engineers. This is the 5th draft or some revision of it where as I believe Engineers was the 4th.

oduodu

oduodu

Man that's great.

Corporal Hicks

I've posted it up now with a temporary link.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed