SDCC Alien: Colonial Marines ..scans anyone?

Started by Griffith, Jul 30, 2012, 06:47:01 PM

Author
SDCC Alien: Colonial Marines ..scans anyone? (Read 21,770 times)

Corporal Hicks

Lol! The Doc's facial expression on the last panel. I enjoyed that. Nice little short. Wonder how it works in context to the games story. The artwork is nice too. The Xeno's look good.

Xenomorphine

Damn it, comic writers! Stop relying on spell-check!

Till: A cash register.

'Til: A shortened version of 'until'.

Relatively trivial, I know, but I'm seeing this basic mistake crop up everywhere these days! Editors are paid to realise things like these!

acrediblesource

wow, second page last panel, middle guy, has no neck whatsoever. I was dumb founded for like 30 seconds, fustrated, wanted to kill, then realized guy had no neck.

Bio Mech Hunter

Pretty good read. Acid splash is non-existent, though. Even at point blank. *face palm* Some of the characters should've been drenched in it. I hope A:CM isn't going to be like that. :-\

HicksLives!

I really hope we get the chance to do some serious damage to Weyland-Yutani in A:CM. Makes me wish Hicks got the chance to waste Burke in Aliens.

Stringer2355

thanks for post those images

Enigma

Thanks alot, nice read =)
Too bad xenos no longer bleed acid, just green paint :P

predpant

This reminds me of a comic from www.baileybrothaz.com on the predator section :)

Sexy Poot

Dude ur the man for scanning this! Thanks! The Docs face in the last panel is cringe-worthy!

RagingDragon

Thanks for the scans, Rambo. God that artwork is fantastic, despite some proportion problems and those... curious expressions :laugh: but I absolutely LOVE the art.

But that writing... seems to be on-par with just about everything that has to be written these days. For gods sake, just let the autocorrect function write the entire thing. Might turn out better. :D

AvPTotalWar

Hello

Do someone has a untagged version the sdcc 2012 exclusive comic book ?

Rambo

Quote from: henry8 on Feb 02, 2013, 08:11:12 PM
Hello

Do someone has a untagged version the sdcc 2012 exclusive comic book ?
By untagged do you mean without the SSj_Rambo watermark?

AvPTotalWar

Hello

I mean without the SSj_Rambo watermark. I do reprint of exclusive comic for my own use.

StrangeShape

Great artwork and I also like the coloring. Its old school, it doesnt have those god awful photoshop colors where everything has a fake shine like if its metal

Rambo

Quote from: henry8 on Feb 04, 2013, 05:34:51 PM
Hello

I mean without the SSj_Rambo watermark. I do reprint of exclusive comic for my own use.
Yeah... I really don't think I'm gonna put out my original scans online. After the money I put into purchasing it from a scalper, the time it took to scan each page and sacrifice a little damage to my copy from bending each page flat and the time it took to align, edit, re-size and compile each page it'd be nice to know there's some credit. I did even release full size scans  (2523x3793 pixels) so you should be happy there's at least proper quality images to print.

The comic is also listed on ebay by a half dozen people at any given time, so its not hard to grab a copy. I did put up the first three pages unmarked, so I don't feel I'm needlessly self-promoting in every instance possible (or at all, for that matter). I did manually place the watermark on each page, and I made sure it was in a place that didn't compromise or interfere with any bit of the image or text. I'm sorry if this seems unreasonable to you, but that's kinda how it is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed