Yet another little featurette - 'Vision Of Prometheus'

Started by Bad Replicant, May 17, 2012, 12:55:39 PM

Author
Yet another little featurette - 'Vision Of Prometheus' (Read 37,681 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 03:22:32 AM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 18, 2012, 03:20:35 AM
LMG man - what a stud. Bold, brash, and just studly. Jumps off an ATV, wants to crush all religions, takes off helmet in alien environment like its nothing.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TooDumbToLive

Y'all just can't handle LGM. There is a fine line between being bold and stupid. Action heroes risk their lives all the time - and maybe one can say they are stupid - but they get the job done.
Is he not the one go back and save Noomi from the storm? No LGM - no Shaw. And can you blame him for being super ambitious, capable, and incredible hot? No - so hands off ppl. Give LGM the respect he deserves.

Quote from: brodels_nazz on May 18, 2012, 03:33:08 AM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 18, 2012, 03:20:35 AM
LMG man - what a stud. Bold, brash, and just studly. Jumps off an ATV, wants to crush all religions, takes off helmet in alien environment like its nothing.
Who said he was amateurish and hammy? Try telling that to Scott who casted him.
I think you hate is onscreen prick attitude and are carrying that over to how he is during the normal interviews.

Classic case of not being able to separate a character from an actor. Like Lena Headey was talking about in an interview of how fans of GoT come up to her and randomly call her a bitch or say they don't like her. People, man.

Exactly - or how that kid who plays the king - people think he is spoiled and bratty, but during the interviews, people are shocked to find out he is really low key and very polite and intelligent.

Cvalda

Quote from: Qwertify on May 18, 2012, 03:37:05 AM
Give LGM the respect her deserves.
Why can't I give him THE RESPECT that he's ENTITLED TOO?!!!!!!!! Why can't I treat him like he would be treated by any STRANGER ON THE STREET?!!!!11!??

Spoiler
[close]

brodels_nazz

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 03:45:32 AM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 18, 2012, 03:37:05 AM
Give LGM the respect her deserves.
Why can't I give him THE RESPECT that he's ENTITLED TOO?!!!!!!!! Why can't I treat him like he would be treated by any STRANGER ON THE STREET?!!!!11!??

Spoiler
[close]

Qwertify

All I am trying to say is - is that LGM is entitled to a lot more respect than people are giving. If they would only stop letting how attractive he is stop getting in the way of seeing how well he can act.

Cvalda

Quote from: brodels_nazz on May 18, 2012, 03:48:22 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/ixcldd.jpg
Nuh uh...
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Qwertify on May 18, 2012, 03:52:29 AM
All I am trying to say is - is that LGM is entitled to a lot more respect than people are giving. If they would only stop letting how attractive he is stop getting in the way of seeing how well he can act.
Herm. Fassbender's smokin' hot, and none of us are complaining about his acting.

Space Sweeper

Yeah he's hot, but he plays an android. This is like some equivalent of guys that hate ego-threatening women (like Vickers).

Attractiveness varies.  ;D

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 03:52:57 AM
Herm. Fassbender's smokin' hot, and none of us are complaining about his acting.

It has nothing to do with his acting - it's because y'all have a crush on the Fassbender, while you all hate how cocky LGM is, and y'all hate how well he knows how hot he is. I mean I am sure they both can get plenty of leg - but Fassbender is a little more modest about it.

I mean - do you think RScott made a bad choice with him? He has a stellar cast around him Theron, Fassbender, Rapace, Elba, etc. So would he really match all that with someone who can't compare?

Cvalda

Fun fact: I've seen Fassbender in person. Twice. And he knows how hot he is--he's one of those guys. But that doesn't bleed over into my opinion of him as an actor.

LMG, on the other hand, just sucks. ;)

I mean - do you think RScott made a bad choice with him?
Probably.

Prime113

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:03:39 AM
Fun fact: I've seen Fassbender in person. Twice. And he knows how hot he is--he's one of those guys. But that doesn't bleed over into my opinion of him as an actor.

Oh, really?  :-\ That sucks.

ShadowPred

I honestly have forgotten who LMG even was, and or is. SO I'll be going into this with a clean slate.

Although the his being forgettable speaks volumes to me.

BAD volumes.

Oh, and Fassbender.

ChrisPachi

Maybe it's the reverse; Scott cast LMG because he looks like a douche-bag... for realism, you know?

Cvalda

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 18, 2012, 04:06:13 AM
Maybe it's the reverse; Scott cast LMG because he looks like a douche-bag... for realism, you know?
Unfortunately that means we have a primary character who is like nails on a chalkboard insufferable for half the runtime, intentional or not.

Space Sweeper

Luckily most people aren't as heavily burdened as the vocal minority.

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 18, 2012, 04:10:21 AM
Luckily most people aren't as heavily burdened as the vocal minority.
Damn us for not blindly loving everything associated with this film! :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed