William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,771 times)

Denton Smalls

The scene in Gibson's draft (I think both?) of...

Spoiler
"The Change" where the character (forgot who) is like "Hey, did you see all three Captain Americ-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-C-C-C-C-C-AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!" and then BLAM, hybrid Alien shreds out from under the skin, is too good and will no doubt look really cool illustrated where any budget/FX constrictions are not an issue.
[close]

Local Trouble

I'm afraid that Dark Horse will adapt the first draft because it has more action.  I also seem to recall that the second draft was written precisely because the first draft would have been too expensive to film.  That's not really a problem for a comic book though.

I wouldn't mind an adaptation that combines the best of both drafts.

Whiskeybrewer

Gibson's second draft is a lot more streamlined and cuts a lot of superfluous stuff out and swaps characters around

happypred

Alien 3 and Alien Res were hypersleep dreams? I'm down with that

HuDaFuK

Quote from: happypred on May 01, 2018, 03:21:30 PMAlien 3 and Alien Res were hypersleep dreams? I'm down with that

No, that's not what this is about.

They're simply adapting one of the alternate Alien 3 scripts that never got made. It's not supposed to overwrite or write-off anything.

Kailem

I read the first draft of the Gibson screenplay the other night after seeing this news and it was certainly interesting. There were several things I liked and several I didn't, but I really like the idea of adapting one of those unmade scripts in comic form.

I'll give the second draft a read soon, I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares to the first. If it's more stripped-down and potentially filmable then yeah I'd imagine this will probably be an adaptation of the first draft, since that one is certainly pretty big and action-packed.

Local Trouble

For example, I don't want to see an adult alien soldier attacking the UPP commandos in the beginning.  They should only find the egg growing out of Bishop's entrails.

426Buddy

Whatever happens, I hope they include the skull under the dome. ;)

Ultramorph

I wonder if this will be a mini-series, or released as a complete graphic novel?

SM

The former. And probably also the latter.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2018, 06:37:32 PM
For example, I don't want to see an adult alien soldier attacking the UPP commandos in the beginning.  They should only find the egg growing out of Bishop's entrails.

I'd have to go peak, but didn't that thing have like four arms or something? There was something off about that adult alien.

Ultramorph

Hope we get some crazy xeno variants!

KiramidHead

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

I'd have to go peak, but didn't that thing have like four arms or something? There was something off about that adult alien.

They were attacked by a face hugger, and the guy that was hugged was blown out the airlock... yet somehow two adult aliens were on board the Sulaco when it docked at Anchorpoint.

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 02, 2018, 12:31:29 AM

They were attacked by a face hugger, and the guy that was hugged was blown out the airlock... yet somehow two adult aliens were on board the Sulaco when it docked at Anchorpoint.

Mum must've taken a couple of kids with her on board the dropship.

"Buckle up kids. We're going for a ride"

;D

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on May 02, 2018, 02:28:19 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 02, 2018, 12:31:29 AM

Mum must've taken a couple of kids with her on board the dropship.

"Buckle up kids. We're going for a ride"

;D

That or David put them there with his epic gag reflex of doom.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed