Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 16, 2020, 08:06:38 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay! (Read 89,162 times)

Kradan

*the most obnoxious voice ever*

Well, NOW prequels don't look so bad, DO THEY ?

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2020, 08:00:23 AM
Quote from: Prez on Sep 08, 2020, 02:56:30 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2020, 02:13:09 PM
That colour work is some of my favourite. I just love some of those silhouette shots when they're approaching the pyramid. Definitely more prequel influence. Looks like they use the Engineer alphabet in the pyramid and the auto-dock looks like the table when they're checking out the Engineer skull in Prometheus.

Spoiler
Seems these guys have the same Prometheus crew mindset of no idea about quarantine or hazchem clothing/procedures when bringing foreign lifeforms onboard. Those first couple of panels made me chuckle a little ... just grabbing the head with her hands  ;D
[close]

Honestly, I don't even think I'll be able to question that kind of snap decision making in light of this year...

True that. Enjoying this though. Looks like DH are going out with a bang after these first 2 issues.

Kradan

Russ840

Prez

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 26, 2020, 09:56:08 PM
https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Alien

Issue 5 is up and is releasing 2nd Dec.

Just realised they are releasing issue 5 and the HC Trade on the same day.

Russ840

Issue 3 is another well put together issue.

Corporal Hicks

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2020, 10:37:42 AM
Is that out today?

Yeah man.

Read it this morning. Comixology.

Corporal Hicks

I was a little disappointed with how they handled the chestburster sequence. Felt too rushed and glossed over for me.

Also, I can't remember if the "wear protective suits" thing was in the original. Can anyone else?

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 08, 2020, 02:58:02 PM
I was a little disappointed with how they handled the chestburster sequence. Felt too rushed and glossed over for me.

Also, I can't remember if the "wear protective suits" thing was in the original. Can anyone else?

The Chestburster sequence would be my only grip. In principle there is nothing to fault other than expectation, but it would have been nice if it was more focused. 

Liked the ending and where it leaves us for the beginning of issue 4. Always wanted to see the food locker sequence with the traditional Alien. 

bobby brown

bobby brown

I find the uninspired creature design to be puzzling.

You have this amazing opportunity to illustrate the awesome story of Alien,
but with a brand new look, and most creatures so far have just been tentacle blobs.

I thought it would be obvious the hire an illustrator that is really into creature design and such, (I admit there is more to Alien than that) such as a bernie Wrightson type of artist or something.

Ive seen some images of the adult, and it looks interesting though.

Russ840

Quote from: bobby brown on Oct 15, 2020, 11:19:12 AM
I find the uninspired creature design to be puzzling.

You have this amazing opportunity to illustrate the awesome story of Alien,
but with brand new look, and most creatures so far have just been tentacle blobs.

I thought it would be obvious the hire an illustrator that is realy into creature design and such, (I admit there is more to Alien than that) such as a bernie Wrightson type of artist or something.

Ive seen some images of the adult, and it looks interesting though.

To be fair, it's based on the script and at the point in development, it's said that the creature designs were uninspired.

But. Saying that. I love the Space Jockey here.

Kane's other son

If I'm not mistaken, the original draft of the script didn't describe the creature, so it was not O' Bannon's fault.

bobby brown

"ok so the draft is really vague on details on the creatures appearence, so draw them vague,"

Russ840

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed