Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama!

Started by Anarchist86ed, Jan 28, 2018, 07:12:41 PM

Author
Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama! (Read 88,405 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Aug 29, 2018, 12:56:46 PM
I wanted to use audio from the river of pain audio drama, but it didn't work out. I couldn't justify spending money on it just for that. We is poor.

That's fair enough.

QuoteI thought about them getting there before the Marines, but the derelict was more fun to return to.

Sorry, I didn't mean them get to the colony before the marines. I'd meant it seems more logical they'd want to get to the moon over all before the marines did.

QuoteCalling him suit is more an insult. Notice in Solara he's only called a stiff suit once.

I get that. I just felt like it was over-used and he was getting away with it too much. Lost it's impact for me.

QuoteYou need 500 likes to make a Facebook named Solara. We can't get that many listens.

Have you tried Alien: Solara? Seems more appropriate than just Solara. Keyword hits and all that. And I'm sure you can do that, just got a limited audience at the minute with Twitter. Gotta branch out, get involved in those busier Alien groups on Facebook too.

QuoteI use Sony Vegas. It's easier.

Thank you.  :)

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Sep 01, 2018, 08:29:34 PM
Alien: Solara. Cast interview: AJ Carter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYr0GYuPC_s

As with Stephanie's interview, I enjoyed that. It's great hearing them outside the series.  :)

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 02, 2018, 02:31:47 PM
Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Aug 29, 2018, 12:56:46 PM
I wanted to use audio from the river of pain audio drama, but it didn't work out. I couldn't justify spending money on it just for that. We is poor.

That's fair enough.

QuoteI thought about them getting there before the Marines, but the derelict was more fun to return to.

Sorry, I didn't mean them get to the colony before the marines. I'd meant it seems more logical they'd want to get to the moon over all before the marines did.

QuoteCalling him suit is more an insult. Notice in Solara he's only called a stiff suit once.

I get that. I just felt like it was over-used and he was getting away with it too much. Lost it's impact for me.

QuoteYou need 500 likes to make a Facebook named Solara. We can't get that many listens.

Have you tried Alien: Solara? Seems more appropriate than just Solara. Keyword hits and all that. And I'm sure you can do that, just got a limited audience at the minute with Twitter. Gotta branch out, get involved in those busier Alien groups on Facebook too.

QuoteI use Sony Vegas. It's easier.

Thank you.  :)

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Sep 01, 2018, 08:29:34 PM
Alien: Solara. Cast interview: AJ Carter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYr0GYuPC_s

As with Stephanie's interview, I enjoyed that. It's great hearing them outside the series.  :)

QuoteSorry, I didn't mean them get to the colony before the marines. I'd meant it seems more logical they'd want to get to the moon over all before the marines did.

I know, but then I couldn't reference the Sulaco or why a star ship couldn't detect Human life signs down in the colony. So that's really why I did it, was to kind of sort of clean up a plot hole. Sulaco surely would have scanned for life signs and detected them. That never made sense to me so I decided to fix it.

QuoteI get that. I just felt like it was over-used and he was getting away with it too much. Lost it's impact for me.

Suit only has a few lines in part 4 and we don't hear from him again till the last episode. So we gotta get those insults in.

QuoteHave you tried Alien: Solara? Seems more appropriate than just Solara. Keyword hits and all that. And I'm sure you can do that, just got a limited audience at the minute with Twitter. Gotta branch out, get involved in those busier Alien groups on Facebook too.

I've tried, but Facebook won't allow me to use anything but a real name. Besides, there's that ever looming possibility of the Fox.... I mean mouse catching us and gobbling us up.

Part 4 isn't coming too soon due to recording schedule conflicts, but here's a short preview.

https://soundcloud.com/anarchist86ed/part-4-preview

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Sep 02, 2018, 06:04:25 PM
I know, but then I couldn't reference the Sulaco or why a star ship couldn't detect Human life signs down in the colony. So that's really why I did it, was to kind of sort of clean up a plot hole. Sulaco surely would have scanned for life signs and detected them. That never made sense to me so I decided to fix it.

Personally, I would have swung the other way. Wasn't something that stuck out at me as something that needed fixed and would have made more sense for your story to have them rushing to beat the marines. But fair enough.

QuoteI've tried, but Facebook won't allow me to use anything but a real name. Besides, there's that ever looming possibility of the Fox.... I mean mouse catching us and gobbling us up.

Ah! You're trying to make an actual profile aren't you, not a page.

I hope you don't find it presumptuous and I'll delete it if you're not happy about this but I did quickly set-up a Solara page to see if it'd let me and it did: https://www.facebook.com/aliensolara

Do you have a personal account on Facebook?

QuotePart 4 isn't coming too soon due to recording schedule conflicts, but here's a short preview.

Sorry to hear but these things take time!

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2018, 08:00:53 AM
Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Sep 02, 2018, 06:04:25 PM

Personally, I would have swung the other way. Wasn't something that stuck out at me as something that needed fixed and would have made more sense for your story to have them rushing to beat the marines. But fair enough.

QuoteI've tried, but Facebook won't allow me to use anything but a real name. Besides, there's that ever looming possibility of the Fox.... I mean mouse catching us and gobbling us up.

Ah! You're trying to make an actual profile aren't you, not a page.

I hope you don't find it presumptuous and I'll delete it if you're not happy about this but I did quickly set-up a Solara page to see if it'd let me and it did: https://www.facebook.com/aliensolara

Do you have a personal account on Facebook?

QuotePart 4 isn't coming too soon due to recording schedule conflicts, but here's a short preview.

Sorry to hear but these things take time!

Yeah it would, but they still had no contact with them. There was a deleted scene I wrote about Burke implanting Newt and Ripley for pickup by the shinyo Maru but it just made no sense. I decided it made more sense for them to arrive at the same time and have events occur at the same time. Was cooler that way knowing our heroes were there at the same time. But anyway, it's always tough getting these things right. And since we're not canon we can take as many liberties as we want as far as I'm concerned.

I'LL check it out. Thanks.

If you want, you can PM Stephanie on Twitter about the Facebook, she runs @AlienSolara

Does a better job than I could.

Anarchist86ed

Part 4 is done... from a certain point of view.

Anarchist86ed

Next Sunday.

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic news!

Anarchist86ed

Alien: Solara. Part Four.

As the crew of Solara deal with a serious problem with John's memory, Sgt McGuinness and his marines seek out a viable "specimen" for doctor Church. But what they find is not what the doctor was hoping for.

Official short preview:

https://soundcloud.com/anarchist86ed/solara-part4-preview

Anarchist86ed

We were going to release without an entire segment because the lines didn't get sent in, so there will be another weeks delay to get them in.

Corporal Hicks

Take your time. No rush.

Anarchist86ed

Tomorrow. And it's our best episode yet.

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

The queen herself invites you to visit her hive. Won't you join her?

Those fun references:

See you on the other side. The episode starts with the Cap and her daddy watching Ghost Busters, and ends with her telling the kid she'll tell him her first name on the other side.

M41A Pulse Rifle MK2 from colonial marines.

When the kid says Colonial Marines is one of his favorite games, he's full of shit. Colonial Marines is no one's favorite game.

Doctor Church mentions he has upgrades.

"Cheap obsolete electronics" references the Alien films being in the future, yet all of their tech is laughably obsolete by our modern day standards.

John mentions the "chosen one" who was killed. Ridley Scott implied the engineers introduced the concept of "Jesus" to Humans and was killed yet turned into a god. Making no sense.

Church talks about how inefficient Xenomorphs are as a species. If they propagated the way they do, they probably wouldn't even exist. The engineers wanted to fix that.

The sarge reminds his soldiers they're not expendable just like the Captain tells her crew they're not expendable.

Deckard freaks out when he hears the word Xenomorph because special order 938 is always in effect.

The Zeus is a ship on the planet Plutus. Zeus is the sky and thunder god in ancient Greek religion, who rules as king of the gods of Mount Olympus. Plutus was the god of wealth in ancient Greek religion and myth. Plutus is rich in vast amounts of gold.

"This is tactically dangerous". That's what the T-800 told John.

"I'll stay here and make spooky sounds". That's what a pilot says in Monster Squad as his co-pilot goes to see what made a noise.

They can be trained. Church seeks to train the aliens in the comics.

Xenomorphs continue to be afraid of fire for some reason.

They're only animals like Hudson said.

The Sargent has a Hudson level freak out while blasting away.

The pulse rifle sound effects are from colonial marines. There was too much BASS in the effects, but I could not remove it so sometimes they can get a little too thumpy.

"Ya don't say". We all know the meme.

Sentry robotic sounds.

"You stupid slag". I was watching Alien Nation as I wrote this. But the word has another meaning.

"Always wondered what your first name was". It's not that hard to figure out, and the whole crew should know it.

Stephanie kind of hits on herself because she plays the Captain and the prospector.

Post credits scene.

Bacchus Station provides luxury accommodations, nightclubs and bars, sports events, prostitutes, and many other things to entice its guests. And was featured in Space: Above And Beyond.

Chief almost banged a shemale and no one could tell the difference. A friend of mine had a similar experience and ran screaming from it.

"Yellow stained underwear". Further proving our engineer is a filthy space trucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdZd29_ftzk

https://soundcloud.com/anarchist86ed/alien-solara-part-four

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zczm4qldiqtv3ck/AlienSolaraPart4.mp3?dl=0

Anarchist86ed

8)

Corporal Hicks

As always, I enjoyed! I'm just going back to relisten to the whole run and I'll post some comments later. :)

Prez

Prez

@Anarchist86ed listened to Part 1 today. Outstanding. Really atmospheric and authentic. Chomping at the bit to listen to the rest of this now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed