NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,897 times)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Resident Alien on Mar 17, 2014, 08:04:31 PM
Heres part of my collection. Cant wait for more marines to be released!

I really love your diorama by the way. Coming along nicely!

Damn, looks like you got a bug infestation, there friend? Do you need a nuke strike?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Since NECA is doing EU stuff with their Predator line, and has done the Genocide red xenos, I wonder if we'll, at some point in the future, get adult Deacons from the upcoming Prometheus comics.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 21, 2014, 11:02:00 PM
Since NECA is doing EU stuff with their Predator line, and has done the Genocide red xenos, I wonder if we'll, at some point in the future, get adult Deacons from the upcoming Prometheus comics.

Hell yes, hopefully since they've made the Power-loader and Predator vehicle they'll even make a Jockey-chair.

the reverend

the reverend

the commission display is finished... had  blast with this one.... might do one for myself too.

gabgrave

gabgrave

Great work man! Love the ducting.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Well, I guess that's that. Time for me to sign off on this hobby.

It's one broken figure too many. One of my new big chaps just snapped at the elbow. Actually.... got weak and came off, is more like it.

I cannot handle Neca's product anymore.

Right upon the figure breaking, I knew what it meant. I packed my entire collection away immediately. I'll probably sell what I can one day. No more Alien figures for me. It just isn't worth it. I might end up getting somewhat over this one day and displaying a few figures again... but I will never display a huge collection again and I won't be buying anymore.

It isn't worth it. I will no longer endorse or support Neca. So many comments right on here expose how weak their product is. It's disgusting.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I guess I've been lucky, I've only had two faulty NECA xenos

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Apr 04, 2014, 07:41:33 AM
I guess I've been lucky, I've only had two faulty NECA xenos
Looking forward to the Queen when it finally arrives?Lots of delicate pieces there to break,all yours for some exorbitant fee. ;D

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Just an update:

I just ordered the Revoltech Big Chap. I am thinking of restarting my collection/hive with only Revoltech aliens. I would have one Queen, and a small number of Big Chaps and a bigger number of Warriors.

The Xenomorph is just far too cool not to be displayed and owned a replica of by me, but I'm in complete Neca-boycott mode now. Only way I might give them another chance is if they make the entire Nostromo crew, that is, unless the company doing the classic 70's figures doesn't beat them to it first! Also, McFarlanes aliens were trash. They got better with the Runner, Resurrection, and AVP aliens, but I don't care about those as much.

Any way, wake me up when Neca's figures become durable. But I still say this Alien line will fail and be cancelled at some point, probably partly due to the plastic being used is utter trash.

gabgrave

gabgrave

Personally, I blame the sticky joints, which seems fused when its fresh out of box, and requires some TLC in hot water to get them to move. Also, they use too many double ball joints, which increases the chances of over stressing one joint over another, until it becomes loose. I start by rotating them around the pegs, then moving the pegs along the joint pivots, to ensure I get the full range of movement unsticked. Once you figure out where the pivot points are, don't try to rotate them perpendicular to the joints, and it shouldn't break.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

NECA's  alien line isn't going anywhere.  They just completed the impossible by getting sigourney on board and making Ripley figures in her likeness. 

The line will be very healthy and amazing to most. 

Also, sux to hear a fellow toy fan get such bad luck.  To collect these collectibles/toys it seems you have to have a little bit of knowledge of how they're made and work to get around the joints clogged w/ the shiny clear coat they give the aliens to make them look wet.  The knowledge and methods used is something you have to pursue and seek out like the hot water trick although it seems like you should just be able to buy your collectible/toy and hit the ground running without having to inspect it and check the joints.  But, once you have it down, you can appreciate the quality of the sculpt, the accurate palette of colors used, and the AWESOME price point.   Also, I always have to mention how kool it is that you can communicate with them via twitter and ask questions, get answers, behind the scenes pics, ect...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

My NECA 'Aliens' Blue Warrior took a tumble off the shelf in the middle of the night and the head snapped clean off. Like the joint is destroyed, the only way to fix it is to permanently glue the head on or something. Goddamnit.

I guess I'll poke around my two local TRUs and see if they have a replacement. I'd exploit Amazon's generous return policy, but it looks like the only ones on the site are being sold by third-party sellers, even if they're "fulfilled by Amazon" (whatever that means).

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

I think that it only covers purchases and not returns :(

Sorry about that man. My Revoltech clear Big Chap tumbled the other night too. He's ok but he took the facehugger egg combo piece with him. That snapped and needs to be glued :(

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Why do these things need to be so damned fragile Anyways!? I mean they break so Damned easy! why not make the dammed things more durable, Dammit! and Costs is not an excuse. even Hasbro makes more durable figures! I bend a arm on an alien figure and the damn thing snaps off. I bend an arm on any other figure and it does as it's meant to, bend at the joint.

I'd expect better from NECA. for instance the Brown Warrior and Giger alien got the better end of the stick, but when I bought a blue Aliens warrior the leg snapped right out of the package, AND the head was assembled Crookedly!

Their Predator line seems to be given better QC, as I just bought a Predator figure and it's great, no broken joints or factory f**k ups.

I'm not saying NECA is a bad company, as I have said before I love their work. they can put such sharp details in these figures, and that's where the crime of Low Quality control lies. all these details and character they put into these figures are always overlooked because of weak materials, factory f**k ups, and overall bad Quality Control. it's such a horrible shame too that such work is being ruined.

I'm giving the Predator line a shot for a while. I hope the queen won't be hit by the Factory f**k Up Syndrome like the recent line has.

-PS: I'm making Factory f**k Up a thing. use it!

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

So what is the future of the NECA Alien line? You guys say we're getting a queen? Fill me in hombres!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed