NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,391 times)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Shadow on Nov 18, 2013, 05:27:01 PM
give us a piece of colony floor and eggs as stand

why not a whole queen chamber diorama and places we can put our aliens warriors. yeah it be expensive but the awesomeness will be up the arse.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

f**k that, go all-in and make a full to-scale reproduction of the entirety of Hadley's Hope and the Atmosphere Processor.

Edit-- with action features like chestbursting colonists, opening eggs, light-up "fire" effects, breakaway ceilings and floors for Ops, "breakaway" glass for Medical, sentry guns, foot posts to mount Aliens to the walls and ceilings, opening and closing doors, opening and closing storm shutters, button-activated sound effects with authentic movie quotes, and a little spinning hamster wheel.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 26, 2013, 12:05:44 AM
f**k that, go all-in and make a full to-scale reproduction of the entirety of Hadley's Hope and the Atmosphere Processor.

Edit-- with action features like chestbursting colonists, opening eggs, light-up "fire" effects, breakaway ceilings and floors for Ops, "breakaway" glass for Medical, sentry guns, foot posts to mount Aliens to the walls and ceilings, opening and closing doors, opening and closing storm shutters, button-activated sound effects with authentic movie quotes, and a little spinning hamster wheel.

Dude! the Hamster! screw the Aliens there needs to be an action figure of thoughs Hamsters! :P

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 26, 2013, 12:05:44 AM

My inner child squealed like a glee filled school girl reading this.

A queen with her chamber would be unrealistically large to be sold in large quantities.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Galoob was actually going to make a Micro Machines LV-426 playset, and ultimately it got canceled.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Wow that would have been neat. I love that all this stuff was directed at kids that couldn't even see the movie in theaters without their parents lol

Remember the Big Chap figure that gave kids nightmares? The vintage one that's expensive and hard to find with the original clear dome top

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

http://s29.postimg.org/y3xm49plh/100_4954.jpg

http://s16.postimg.org/8nhhp1ydf/100_4955.jpg

sorry, I can't figure out how to post those pics better than that.

I'll try to post these pics better as attachments.

Vark_

Vark_

http://youtu.be/Z9hBVW_1vT8

Very fine review of the Series-2 1979 Alien, with many slow close-ups so you can get every detail.

underbound

underbound

Quote from: Vark_ on Jan 25, 2014, 02:46:18 PM
http://youtu.be/Z9hBVW_1vT8

Very fine review of the Series-2 1979 Alien, with many slow close-ups so you can get every detail.
He sounded like one of those documentary people that sound uninterested and being held hostage.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Personally I prefer movie-maniacs, hot toys and revoltech. All my Neca figures eventually break. ):

Vark_

Vark_

@ The1PerfectOrganism : this is bad luck, I have 5 NECA figures, and none of them ever broke or had bad / flexible joints.

Quote from: underbound on Jan 25, 2014, 06:23:54 PMHe sounded like one of those documentary people that sound uninterested and being held hostage.
Agreed, he doesn't sound enthousiastic, but at least he can handle a camera and build a neat review about the beast, so... well that's fine by me, I turn the review on "mute" and I let images do the talking  ;).

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Is it just me or are the NECA Aliens paint job really crummy? I just got the new Alien and blue alien variant and my old Cult Classics ones look much better.As an example: the old alien's claws and teeth look like they are painted on individually and the body color is nicely blended. Where as the new Alien, the paint on claws and teeth looks really sloppy. It's all over the gums/lips and fingers...
The new aliens figures have the same issue... sloppy painting on the claws and teeth, but the body looks like somebody just ran a brush over the black base of the figure (the old cult classic aliens alien the color was blended nicely). Also the new plastic they are using seems soft and cheap... all my new aliens have at least one awkwardly warped arm or leg. Considering i payed about $12 for my old neca aliens way back when and now i'm paying $17-20+ for the new ones... which seem to have really terrible quality control. I like my old ones look better!
Did they sacrifice a decent paint job for articulation? i dunno.

I have become afraid to purchase them online as i fear i will get a splattered paint job or bent wrist. So i just have to hope i can find them in stores.

The reason i say this is because my bf and i were at a local toy store yesterday... and after looking through multiplier aliens... we found ourselves looking for not the best one, but the least crummy looking one. I feel like i shouldn't have to look at though 6 packages of the same alien to find the 'best' looking one... especially since they are supposed to be collector figures.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

You're completely right Sizzy, if you want the best paintjob revoltech are super pretty especially for their size.

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Jan 29, 2014, 11:48:21 PM
You're completely right Sizzy, if you want the best paintjob revoltech are super pretty especially for their size.

I am super impressed with Revoltech... i have the Starscream figure and that thing is just super amazing.

...also Neca decided not to paint the new Aliens (blue n' brown) claws and toenails??? WTFLAZY?!

I've been a collector of NECA's sweet figures since the first Hellboy film and AVPR line... now I'm starting to feel warry  :-\

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

If it makes you feel any better, they're still knocking their Predator figures out of the park pretty consistently.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed