Michael Biehn finally needs a break to reprise his role as Hicks

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 24, 2015, 04:23:47 AM

Author
Michael Biehn finally needs a break to reprise his role as Hicks (Read 7,993 times)

Perfect-Organism

I had to start this specific Michael Biehn thread in light of recent events.  Please post all Michael Biehn related news here.  I consider Michael Biehn to be one of the greatest actors around who unfortunately for whatever reason was not able to maintain his fame.  That performance in the Abyss was Oscar worthy.  It's time for Biehn to reclaim his place as a top A-lister.  He deserves another chance to play Hicks.

Gash

Reclaim? A lister?

Hmm, bit of a stretch. Not that I'd want A listers in an Alien film anyways.

Local Trouble

He already had the role of a lifetime in Megiddo: The Omega Code 2.

Perfect-Organism

Come on Guys!  Navy Seals was the American Sniper of my generation!    :-\

No seriously, Biehn is a genius.  He just had no luck with the movies he got to do.

Is it true that his relationship with Gale Anne Hurd soured his relationship with James Cameron?  Is this why he has been marginalized all these years?

In the words of Dwayne Hicks, "It just doesn't make any sense"...  ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Gash on Feb 24, 2015, 04:26:49 AM
Reclaim? A lister?

I'd argue that there were a few in Prometheus.

OpenMaw

I'd think his rumoured trouble with alcoholism and kinda-sorta burning some of his bridges when he went after the Alien 3 production kept him from "huge success"

On the other hand, he was involved with two major hit movies in the 80s, and has had numerous well portrayed supporting roles in the 90s. That's no small thing.

Local Trouble

Fox obviously didn't hold the grudge long enough to keep him away from A:CM.  Then again, maybe that was their evil plan all along...

Gash

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 24, 2015, 04:38:00 AM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 24, 2015, 04:26:49 AM
Reclaim? A lister?

I'd argue that there were a few in Prometheus.

You'd be right. But Theron and Fassbender are a cut above. A lister is more often than not 'celebrity' casting for the name and the face recognition above the acting.

Elmazalman

His Terminator co-star L Hamilton isn't doing so well either.

whiterabbit

I like the guy but he is not an actor that can carry a movie. The dude's a grunt, no offense.

OpenMaw

I don't know, there are a few of his more recent, and not entirely great, movies where his presence was the only thing to light up a scene.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

A man like Michael Biehn has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him (probably thanks to a safety support).  He can never kill enough, or steal enough or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Michael Biehn is such a one-trick pony. So lucky Cameron had such a crush on him.

SiL

As was every male lead in an 80s action movie.

I'd take Biehn over most of the others, though.

SpreadEagleBeagle

He's definitely better than most of the 80s action dreck, but that doesn't say much.

He's like an American Cristopher Lambert on a double-dose of qualude and valium, suffering from aggressive hemorrhoids.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed