Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,628 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Eggs tastes bad, or the other way round.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Magegg on Aug 17, 2018, 03:26:54 PM
I don't think movie studios care about fulfilling the physical description of a character from a novel practically no one read  ::)

I don't either, but Danny Boyle might.  I doubt they'd adapt an EU novel anyway.

Corporal Hicks

Regardless, it could still be said without the condescension.

Local Trouble

Did I come off as such?  I haven't read the novel, but I've only heard good things about it.

Corporal Hicks

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 18, 2018, 12:05:38 PM
Did I come off as such?  I haven't read the novel, but I've only heard good things about it.

It was so good and really original. I hope Alex White becomes a mainstay because he mentioned something on the avp podcast about having other ideas...

darkvegett0

Magegg your logic is no good here people worship RS's terrible movies.

SM

Huggs

This is why we can't have nice things.  ;)

The Old One

The Old One

No, it's why certain people aren't allowed nice things because they feel the need to be a (insert insult of your choice).

CainsSon

CainsSon

I would take this latest information with a grain of salt. Nothing worth the money the Alien and Predator franchises are will be dissolved the way this information suggests. If DISNEY is that set on doing away with it - and I still think they will sooner consider finding a more PG-13/Stranger Things-like approach to it - they will simply sell the rights to someone else.

Why on earth would they just do away with an entire profitable franchise or something that makes that kind of money? They will simply sell the rights to it.

Also Im not sure the reporting is clear. DISNEY PARKS have considered ALIEN family-friendly enough to include in their parks for decades. Lets not get carried away. They arent gonna throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Consider this: ALIENS w/o the cursing, is likely a PG-13 film by today's standards.

Denton Smalls

Man, gotta say I kind of hope they sell it rather than commercialize it to that extent.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Possibly some good news with regards to the Fox/Disney deal.

Could Emma Watts become Fox's version of Kathleen Kennedy? Emma Watts previously worked with Ridley Scott in order to realize Alien Covenant.

QuoteWhile it doesn't look like 20th Century Fox's chairman/CEO Stacey Snider will be sticking around (as Alan Horn would likely take her role) post-merger there is now word from THR that Vice Chair Emma Watts will have a new role at Disney.

Watts, a seasoned production executive with strong talent relationships, is in a different position. Her exact role at Disney is still being hammered out, although her duties are almost certain to involve guiding films now in the 20th Century Fox pipeline, including the marquee Avatar and Kingsman franchises (in recent days, Kingsman 3 was dated for release on Nov. 8, 2019).

Watts has strong ties to such filmmakers and talent as James Cameron, Ryan Reynolds, Matthew Vaughn, Ridley Scott and Matt Reeves.

There are also signs that 20th Century Fox (with Watts overseeing), Fox 2000, and Fox Searchlight (Bob Iger has suggested they won't be touching it) could stay as in and just report directly to Alan Horn. Not unlike other studios like Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm under the Disney umbrella

Full article at: https://thegww.com/20th-century-foxs-vice-chair-emma-watts-takes-new-role-at-disney-overseeing-future-fox-releases/

Nukiemorph

That gives me hope.  Hopefully her presence helps Ridley get one final prequel.

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed