NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,843 times)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jul 26, 2016, 05:07:04 PM
If they're doing the Kenner marines I hope Hicks is the first they do. An updated design of him would work great as some USCM Special forces type.

Would anyone else be opposed to seeing Neca do a flying queen like the old Kenner one?

The flying Queen is planned.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 26, 2016, 05:38:35 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jul 26, 2016, 05:07:04 PM
If they're doing the Kenner marines I hope Hicks is the first they do. An updated design of him would work great as some USCM Special forces type.

Would anyone else be opposed to seeing Neca do a flying queen like the old Kenner one?

The flying Queen is planned.

Wallet I apologize in advance for what is going to happen to you.

georgeromero

georgeromero

Bitch (wallet) raping time!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Is it 5 already?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's five o'clock somewhere!

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Apparently they are planning on doing basically everything from the old Kenner line, in one way or another. It's a fantastic idea to expand the line. Nostalgia and the designs already exist, so despite new tooling needed, I would think this is more fun than challenge for them to create modern versions. Probably less stressful than getting certain likeness rights.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 27, 2016, 12:09:27 AM
Apparently they are planning on doing basically everything from the old Kenner line, in one way or another. It's a fantastic idea to expand the line. Nostalgia and the designs already exist, so despite new tooling needed, I would think this is more fun than challenge for them to create modern versions. Probably less stressful than getting certain likeness rights.
And like some of the originals and the Neca predator figures, they can recreate most of them using alot of existing torsos and ones like the panther alien can almost be a repaint but with a different head. I hope they do the resurrection aqua alien,I think Dave Dorman Designed  those.

windebieste

windebieste

So there's a very good chance we will see more of the old Kenner line re-interpreted by NECA? 

Oh, yes please.  This has been a great start!  I'm very impressed with the great redesign philosophy they've applied to the Mantis and Gorilla figures that dramatically departs from the goofiness of the original releases.   More of this, please. 

It's a sure bet these new items won't be recommended for 'AGES 4 AND UP' like Kenner badged them in the 1990's. 

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2016, 07:37:27 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 24, 2016, 05:34:49 PM
And they'll be doing the Kenner Marines as well.

Those should be fun to see!

I still need to pick up the Alien Day Ripley.
I passed on that specifically because it didn't have the flamethrower. That was a huge dealbreaker for me, the flamethrower is a big part of what makes the original Kenner toy so cool for me.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 27, 2016, 10:07:24 AM

I passed on that specifically because it didn't have the flamethrower. That was a huge dealbreaker for me, the flamethrower is a big part of what makes the original Kenner toy so cool for me.

That and the fact the smart gun had no chest rig where why I passed on it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jul 27, 2016, 01:07:25 PM

That, too. I'm not that impatient for a NECA-scale Smartgun that I need to buy a half-baked Kenner repaint at a premium price, rather than wait for Vasquez (who has the harness rig, optics, and the muzzle flash accessory).

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 28, 2016, 06:55:00 AM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jul 27, 2016, 01:07:25 PM

That, too. I'm not that impatient for a NECA-scale Smartgun that I need to buy a half-baked Kenner repaint at a premium price, rather than wait for Vasquez (who has the harness rig, optics, and the muzzle flash accessory).
I don't blame you man. As someone who never had them, I really picked up Kenner Ripley for the potential to sell her for a modest profit later down the road to help fund the NECA figures I really want.

I know everyone is going bonkers over the Kenner line. I'm glad you guys like them. They have a lot of material.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 27, 2016, 12:09:27 AM

Excellent! Yes.

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

Will Neca release a Scorpion Alien figure or should we just use the brown warrior alien figure to represent him?

windebieste

windebieste

After seeing what NECA did with the Mantis Alien, I'm hoping for a complete redesign of the Scorpion Alien.  Hell, what I am envisaging is an 8 legged biomechanical centaur with chelae instead of arms and a curved tail that terminates in a wicked curved barb.  The Galaxy's nastiest arachnid!

Let's see that hit the shelves, NECA!

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed