Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,127 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Just hire on Alex White permanently, as an insurance policy, against the Pathogen ever being Prometheus bullshit again.

Immortan Jonesy

yeah, he can be a better creative consultant than everyone who worked in the prequels.

BlueMarsalis79

Pick up the goddamn phone Noah!

kwisatz

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 20, 2021, 02:22:26 AM
Pick up the goddamn phone Noah!

You think he needs help with the arc?*

*truly sorry

Nightmare Asylum

Ridley can send over an Ark from that other show he's producing if that helps.

kwisatz

Ridley can send over Noah in the form of Russel Crowe to bring everyone into line.

Kimarhi

Ridley can f**k off. 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: kwisatz on Jun 20, 2021, 03:22:48 AM
Ridley can send over Noah in the form of Russel Crowe to bring everyone into line.

He tried. :D

https://youtu.be/COQ3ho-b8oY?t=161

kwisatz

With Ridley you get the whole package:

"Russell Crowe? Actually I wanted a female lead.."

"Streitenwho is scoring my series?"

"Luke Scott? He your son?"

Or maybe Mr. Hawley is audacious like Kimarhi?  ;)

Evanus

Streitenfeld scoring the show would be pretty cool actually, especially if it's got connections to Prometheus.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2021, 04:38:22 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2021, 09:26:39 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 14, 2021, 10:53:40 PM
Maybe that's because Ridley has already folded the third prequel into this series. ;)

From what we've seen, this is going to be 100% up Scott's street anyway.

Given the overall aesthetic of the promo imagery used back in December when the show was announced, my gut tells me that this implies hidden Engineer architecture on Earth; a la the hidden Forerunner tech and structures on Earth and other colonies in Halo.

My apologies, I didn't mean in terms of what we've seen of the promo stuff.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 20, 2021, 05:11:50 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2021, 04:38:22 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2021, 09:26:39 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 14, 2021, 10:53:40 PM
Maybe that's because Ridley has already folded the third prequel into this series. ;)

From what we've seen, this is going to be 100% up Scott's street anyway.

Given the overall aesthetic of the promo imagery used back in December when the show was announced, my gut tells me that this implies hidden Engineer architecture on Earth; a la the hidden Forerunner tech and structures on Earth and other colonies in Halo.

My apologies, I didn't mean in terms of what we've seen of the promo stuff.

Oh, I know, I was just using the promo material in conjunction with your statement/knowledge about the project to fulfill my own specific set of wishes internally. :D

Kimarhi

Quote from: kwisatz on Jun 20, 2021, 01:18:03 PM
With Ridley you get the whole package:

"Russell Crowe? Actually I wanted a female lead.."

"Streitenwho is scoring my series?"

"Luke Scott? He your son?"

Or maybe Mr. Hawley is audacious like Kimarhi?  ;)

Aside from David, Scott hasn't given the franchise anything worth talking about since 1979. 

I suspect he grows bored having to stay with any one franchise for too long, or doesn't like playing in others established universes (yes he started it and has spent the most time in it but other directors have been involved as well its not only his), and thus he always is looking to radicalize anything to do with the Alienverse to make it more interesting to him.

I personally cannot stand Prometheus, and despite its strong sales figures, going by the law of diminishing returns with Covenant, I don't think many other people cared for the arc either. 

His involvement in the franchise is overrated.  At this point I'd rather have Cameron's input.  Or even Fincher's.  Scott is too unfocused with no clear idea on where he wants to go and everybody hanging on to every word he says like he is going to turn around the franchise boggles the mind when he had two more attempts to do it than anyone else .......AND STILL FAILED.

He is not an overrated director, but as a statesman of the series, his input is overrated. 

kwisatz

kwisatz

You're not wrong with the focus aspect, yet I still think screenplay is key to everything when it comes to rate Scott's filmography.

Prometheus screenplay is mediocre AT BEST, in parts it almost reads like fan fiction, which is astonishing given the size of the project. And yet Ridley has skin in the blame game here since he greenlighted it and decided to make a film based upon it (same with Covenant).

Covenant's screenplay is more or less uninspired and therefore uninteresting to me (it has it's fans though; in before NA, TQ etc) but is undoubtly competently written in terms of basic narrative stuff. Could another director have made more of it? Maybe but I don't actually see that much room for improvement here. I guess there always is though.

In essence: Take any great Scott film and imo you'll find a great screenplay constituting the base for it's quality. 

But again there are other problems too, you've already mentioned some. I think during filming Scott gets these little ideas that can be great but can also fukk the grander narrative up in a way that could end up damaging the final product significantly. In these cases Scott would indeed need someone who tells him to fukk off but obviously that has over the time become harder and harder with Ridley (rightfully tho) building up his reputation even expanding his control over the writing process. Over super early stadiums even I suppose, where you can easily fukk things up in a way that  makes it impossible to repair them later in the process (like in Prometheus's case where Scott kinda randomly threw his "ideas" at Lindelof who maybe even made the best of it, who knows).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed