Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 211,730 times)

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 30, 2021, 11:31:58 PM
Actually, I would be most happy to watch a movie about the development of this movie. I already have the cast in mind.  ;D

Spoiler
Owen Teale as Ridley Scott

kyle Maclachlan as Dariusz Wolski

Chris Martin as Jon Spaihts

David Cross as Damon Lindelof

Benicio del Toro as Carlos Huante

Noomi Rapace as Noomi Rapace

Helen Mirren as Janty Yates

James Cromwell as Arthur Max

[close]

BlueMarsalis79

Yes David's sample he (like the ones later found in the Juggernaut cargo hold) also refrigerated before inspection, meaning whilst it may also react to the presence of living things or certain atmospheric changes it definitely reacts to an increase in temperature from light, we again know this because when a flashlight's beam reaches an Ampule it begins perspiration as David comments on it, but he does not breathe either so he's safe to examine it by himself.

We also know the Pathogen's inactive when you take the vials out of the Ampule casing, as David holds one up to the light when describing the function with no observable reaction, so something in the Ampule itself causes it to become active in the presence of heat.

But apparently without correctly deploying them from a craft in the sky, they do not explode, and so do not atomise their particles to the air they just begin sweating their contents in a liquid form.

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 30, 2021, 11:31:58 PM
Actually, I would be most happy to watch a movie about the development of this movie. I already have the cast in mind.  ;D

Spoiler
Owen Teale as Ridley Scott

kyle Maclachlan as Dariusz Wolski

Chris Martin as Jon Spaihts

David Cross as Damon Lindelof

Benicio del Toro as Carlos Huante

Noomi Rapace as Noomi Rapace

Helen Mirren as Janty Yates

James Cromwell as Arthur Max

[close]

I know it was more than half a month ago and I know it's off-topic ...

... but can we squeeze a James Cameron cameo by James Cromwell in there ?

Corporal Hicks

I've never thought about Cromwell in an Alien thing before, but now I want it.

HuDaFuK

I'm assuming he'd die, because he always does.

I remember when I first noticed that was a thing, and then I, Robot came out and he was dead before the film even started :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 23, 2021, 08:54:29 AM
I'm assuming he'd die, because he always does.

I remember when I first noticed that was a thing, and then I, Robot came out and he was dead before the film even started :laugh:

It reminds me of Eraser. I was like... oh look, it's James Cromwell!!! :o

2 minutes later I was like... oh yeah, it's James Cromwell. :'(

426Buddy

And in species II and JW Fallen Kingdom.

Guy dies more than Sean Bean  :D

Corporal Hicks

Hey, he's the reason we're going to be in the Federation!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

No mention of Alien here, but likely of interest for people following the development of this show:

'Fargo' Boss Noah Hawley on the Works That Inform His Own Writing Process

https://variety.com/2021/tv/features/noah-hawley-fargo-austin-home-office-writing-inspiration-1234991852/

I already posted this article in the Raised by Wolves thread, but there are a few comments from Ridley and Luke Scott in here that seem to imply that Luke might be working on this series:

Ridley Scott and Son Luke Detail Decades-Long Journey to Teaming for 'Raised by Wolves'

QuoteWhat are you working on right now, Luke?

LUKE SCOTT (Quick pause.) I'm not going to tell you! (Laughs.)

QuoteRidley, anything you want to ask Luke about?

RIDLEY SCOTT Well, he won't tell you what he's [working on next] ... but he's about to find out what it's really like to design something that's going to be really scary.

LUKE SCOTT That's not going to help. (Laughs.)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/ridley-scott-raised-by-wolves-1234965758/

The hits just keep coming today! Here's a new 30 minute interview with Hawley. He starts talking about Alien at roughly 26 minutes in. No significant details, just mostly about how he came onto the project and that it is still early days yet. He also mentions that he would have liked to have seen Blomkamp's film.

Noah Hawley On Why He Came Back To 'Fargo', How Covid Changed Its Course, Plus News On His 'Star Trek' Demise And If 'Alien' Awaits – Behind The Lens

https://deadline.com/video/noah-hawley-fargo-interview-behind-the-lens/

skhellter

skhellter

He doesn't talk much about it. Just says that it's early days.

Interesting that he doesn't mention Ridley or Luke.

No mention of "man, i wish Ridley was still doing his 3rd prequel".

He sure does mention Neill Blomkamp, tho.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Maybe that's because Ridley has already folded the third prequel into this series. ;)

skhellter

can't wait for David to be written by some random dude! :laugh: (Logan is the main reason why Covenant works at all. If he's not writing that follow up...)

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2021, 07:57:19 AM
I've never thought about Cromwell in an Alien thing before, but now I want it.

Hopefully he can match "And you people, you're all astronauts on... some kind of star trek" from First Contact then with something similar Meta style in it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Dear 20th Century Studios, I whish you could bring me:

- A mini series that tells of David's 10 years on planet 4. Preferably live-action, although I wouldn't mind an anime.  ;D

- Noah Hawley making prequel easter eggs. For example, a mention of Peter Weyland, Engineer stuff, tech ~ like the helmet for spying dreams, etc.

- A prequel themed video game.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 14, 2021, 10:53:40 PM
Maybe that's because Ridley has already folded the third prequel into this series. ;)

Nightmare Asylum

If the Luke Scott quotes are referring to this show, then I am cautiously optimistic there. Luke directed the Prometheus and Covenant virals which are fine and Morgan which I thought was awful, but his work in his first two episodes of Raised by Wolves was pretty solid and his work on Wolves' season finale was actually excellent for the most part. In Wolves he's working off of the very clear vision of showrunner Aaron Guzikowski as well as his father's very distinct designs and storyboards – hopefully Hawley's material here is as good as Guzikowski's and, if so, I'm crossing my fingers that relationship here between Hawley/Ridley/potentially Luke works in a similar manner here as it does in Wolves.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed