Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 46,052 times)

Master

Have a break mate. Just as I did. Wait for something worth being fan of, like this new film. Waitng all this years without any new material is exhausting.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Dec 04, 2015, 08:18:51 PM
Have a break mate. Just as I did. Wait for something worth being fan of, like this new film. Waitng all this years without any new material is exhausting.

Honestly? I can do without a new movie. I mean getting a new movie is nice but.. when is enough, well, enough? I have a saying, and you might not agree with me but it goes like this:

"A good story knows when to end."

But I want Shane's movie to be something I can add to my collection, something that I can show friends and family.. and still be invested in the franchise for. I still want to be a fan, and I will always love the Predator but... after Robert's movie? Eeeeeh.. I just hope Shane can make things right again. I really do because.. I am quite passionate about the franchise and the lore.

Master

I guess you`ll agree with me that worst of all was AvP-R. I don`t mean to insult or kick it, just stating the obvious. Thing that was the worst about AvP-R was Predalien. My beloved concept. You may not know this but it was the thing that I loved most in whole AvP idea. At first I was mad at AvP because it only teased us with Predalien. After AvP-R i`m greatfull cause Predburster in AvP was beautifull. I know I won`t see Predalien on big screen ever again. It will never be done right.
    My point is that You probably will see Predator in it`s full glory in next film and you`ll have something to enrich franchise and be a subject for many more passionate debates so don`t give up mate.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Dec 04, 2015, 08:42:55 PM
I guess you`ll agree with me that worst of all was AvP-R.

I would have to disagree with that. For me worst of all was PREDATORS. For me the worst thing about PREDATORS was the idea of the whole Perserve Planet which I felt cheapened the concept of what the Hunt was all about. Also the idea of the Super Predators, I'm in the camp that I felt as if they weren't really needed and were added for the rule of cool because someone felt as if the original was played out. That's the abbreviated version.

Thing that was the worst about AvP-R was Predalien. My beloved concept. You may not know this but it was the thing that I loved most in whole AvP idea. At first I was mad at AvP because it only teased us with Predalien. After AvP-R i`m greatfull cause Predburster in AvP was beautifull. I know I won`t see Predalien on big screen ever again. It will never be done right.

Well in regards to the PredAlien, you can blame the executives who had gotten nervous from the words of a teenage kid when he said "Cool Alien!". You might want to blame the kid too, for making the executives feel this way. I'm just wondering what concept art they showed the kid, I've heard various things about this story but most of them say that the concept art was something that could've been really cool on screen.

My point is that You probably will see Predator in it`s full glory in next film and you`ll have something to enrich franchise and be a subject for many more passionate debates so don`t give up mate.

There is a lot of frustrations that I have with how Fox is handling the franchises now. Simply put.. I'm gonna say this in the easiest way I can but I feel as if the AVP that I know, the stuff that came out from 1989 to 2010, is officially dead. The original comic, the characters, the Predator culture from the EU, the AVP movies, the games... I just feel like all of that was pretty much killed by PREDATORS and Prometheus. And this new AVP stuff we're getting? I don't see that as the real AVP, it's just Prometheus slapped with the AVP label on it with Predators in it.

I'm just hoping that Shane.. distances this movie from PREDATORS and that Prometheus crap that's being handed out now. But at the same time I want him to respect the first two movies. I know he considers the first in high regard but I am not so sure about the second movie. As long as he keeps the first two in mind, and if he wants to discard everything else.. fine by me.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Rakai, you need to chill mate.

You may not like Predators or Prometheus, but that doesn't make them crap. I highly doubt Shane Black is gonna put Prometheus stuff in his movie, heck, even Predators stuff.

You are honestly treating it like some phobia. Almost every other post of yours regarding future media is "I hope it doesn't have Prometheus/Predators stuff", dude CHILL, it's not as bad as you make it out to be. No offence pal.

I think Master has a good point, you should take a break. I think you are taking this way too seriously. Of course there's things we all don't like and that's fine, but calm down man. It's just a movie. It's like people who still hate on the 1998 Godzilla to this day, it's just a film man.

You know I like Prometheus and Predators, so I won't be bothered if elements of them are featured. But I honestly highly doubt they will be, it's a very low chance mate so you may be worrying over nothing. Wait for Shane Black to first begin releasing some details man.

You know what? I'll put your mind at ease here. Predator: Incursion had no Prometheus or Predators stuff in it. In fact, the previous Alien trilogy didn't have much either except for Out of the Shadows having a medpod and River of Pain exploring the derelict a little bit and vaguely describing a fight between the Engineers and Aliens in it and that's it. None of the elements got in the way of the story whatsoever. River of Pain was still your good ol' Colonial Marines vs Aliens, it was expanding on the lore and showing human colonists struggling in the frontier, no gooey stuff to worry about.

The only one featuring a butt load of Prometheus themes was basically Fire and Stone...

Aliens Defiance looks like it won't be featuring Prometheus things in it.

If all of this is troubling you so much, then you should do as Master suggested and take a break. Enjoy the other franchises like I do sometimes, I go to Godzilla, Assassin's Creed and so on. Hell, I took one LONG break from Assassin's Creed after getting somewhat bored with it after Revelations, and then AC 4 Black Flag came out and I came back with a fiery crash as my interest got reignited. Maybe somewhere down the line, a new AvP media may come out and you will be pulled back from this jaded viewpoint and be interested once more.

Don't get me wrong, I know what it's like to disagree with where your favourite franchise is heading. I hated the idea of Mothra and King Ghidorah in the next Godzilla film, but hey, beggars cannot be choosers... I don't own the Godzilla franchise so I thought "screw it, who cares if Mothra and Ghidorah are in it?" It ain't gonna stop me from enjoying the next Godzilla film and over time, this grew on me and I accepted it now, heck, at first I was wary of the Kong crossover until I accepted it once it was confirmed.

And I had this really trivial pet peeve about the upcoming Toho film making its Godzilla bigger than the Legendary one. But I got over it once I re-evaluated my opinions a bit.

One day, you might like Predators and Prometheus, you never know lol, things tend to grow on people.

Master

Preserve planet is associated with Super Predators. It doesn't really cheapens the concept cause it is not related to normal preds. As long as it stays that way fine by me. I think you won't see SPs again either.

I feel that we might get another thing to agree on Rakai. AvP-R, Predators  and Prometheus are all weakest instalments in their respective franchises. Let's hope future is kind for our tastes.

Anonymous

Anonymous

I do not want to see any of the characters from the other movies. There is not a set story line you could basically tell any story you wanted. It would be cool if the Predator Universe and Aliens/Prometheus Universe were the same? Maybe a Predator movie that did not feature any human characters taking lace in a different quadrant of space?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Dec 04, 2015, 09:45:23 PM
Rakai, you need to chill mate.

I am chill. I'm just expressing things I don't want to see. No wrong in that.

You may not like Predators or Prometheus, but that doesn't make them crap.

That's subjective and a matter of opinion. Shit, the same thing could be said about EVERY movie that's out there.

I think Master has a good point, you should take a break. I think you are taking this way too seriously. Of course there's things we all don't like and that's fine, but calm down man. It's just a movie. It's like people who still hate on the 1998 Godzilla to this day, it's just a film man.

I don't see any wrong in expressing one's frustrations. We are all passionate about something. I know folks who are still fuming about Joe Quesada pretty much erasing Spider-Man's marriage, and that's just a comic book. Shit, one of them is Linkara aka Lewis Lovhaug. And then there are people who are still mad about the Star Wars prequels (last I checked.. their ranting is.. generally accepted as the norm).

You know I like Prometheus and Predators, so I won't be bothered if elements of them are featured. But I honestly highly doubt they will be, it's a very low chance mate so you may be worrying over nothing. Wait for Shane Black to first begin releasing some details man.

I have a feeling it's a very low chance, but still... We don't know anything. Keep in mind I am not saying anything bad about a movie we know nothing about but after the disappointment of the last two recent movies, can you honestly blame a guy? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. But do know I have not said anything negative about this upcoming film.... Yet.

You know what? I'll put your mind at ease here. Predator: Incursion had no Prometheus or Predators stuff in it. In fact, the previous Alien trilogy didn't have much either except for Out of the Shadows having a medpod and River of Pain exploring the derelict a little bit and vaguely describing a fight between the Engineers and Aliens in it and that's it. None of the elements got in the way of the story whatsoever. River of Pain was still your good ol' Colonial Marines vs Aliens, it was expanding on the lore and showing human colonists struggling in the frontier, no gooey stuff to worry about.

What I am saying is they added things which I felt weren't necessary, and changed/retcon things which I thought really didn't need to be retconned whatsoever. Now you may see everything as fitting together, but I don't and my view is very black and white. Remember how I said that I felt that the old AVP universe/concepts/characters from 1989 - 2010 and how I see them as either dead or in limbo? That's what I'm trying to say what I am frustrated at. It's not so much that Incursion didn't have references to Prometheus or PREDATORS in it, it's more so that it's set in this rebooted/retconned universe. You can have lack of references but this new material is set in that rebooted world. The old one might be dead. That's what I'm saying.

If all of this is troubling you so much, then you should do as Master suggested and take a break. Enjoy the other franchises like I do sometimes, I go to Godzilla, Assassin's Creed and so on. Hell, I took one LONG break from Assassin's Creed after getting somewhat bored with it after Revelations, and then AC 4 Black Flag came out and I came back with a fiery crash as my interest got reignited. Maybe somewhere down the line, a new AvP media may come out and you will be pulled back from this jaded viewpoint and be interested once more.

I've already shifted my focus from Alien-Predator to other things like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Street Fighter. Yes, TMNT is my second love after Alien-Predator and well... I'll say this, and a lot of people are probably going to hate me for but right now, I'm seeing the treatment of TMNT as something more favorable. At least every incarnation and iteration is still very much alive (even what was assumed to be retconned universe-- surprisingly, Image's TMNT universe.. IS STILL active despite Peter Laird rendering it non-canon to the Mirage comics). The only TMNT movie I generally dislike happens to be TMNT 2007... which was considered the fourth movie.. until Turtles Forever thankfully retconned it as it's own separate universe.

As for Street Fighter? Very little changes about Street Fighter and it's still a popular franchise for it's fans.

If a new AVP does come out, I hope it's either set in the same universe as the previous AVP movies and old EU or the franchises get somewhere along the line.. well... you'd kill me if I say. I know everyone would.

Don't get me wrong, I know what it's like to disagree with where your favourite franchise is heading. I hated the idea of Mothra and King Ghidorah in the next Godzilla film, but hey, beggars cannot be choosers... I don't own the Godzilla franchise so I thought "screw it, who cares if Mothra and Ghidorah are in it?" It ain't gonna stop me from enjoying the next Godzilla film and over time, this grew on me and I accepted it now, heck, at first I was wary of the Kong crossover until I accepted it once it was confirmed.

I've never had a problem with Mothra, Ghidorah and Rodan appearing in the next movie. I grew up watching the Showa and Heisei era films. For me they have always been there since the beginning. So I don't see an issue with that. Same with King Kong. Is Godzilla your favorite franchise?

One day, you might like Predators and Prometheus, you never know lol, things tend to grow on people.

It's been five years since PREDATORS release, and I've given it five viewings. It hasn't grown on me. As for Prometheus... I actually liked it at first. I even gave it a glowing review when I first saw it. If I can find the link to said review on this forum... I'd be more than happy to show you that I actually liked it at first, but my opinion about it changed and I don't think it's going to be growing on me.

Quote from: Master on Dec 04, 2015, 10:10:44 PM
Preserve planet is associated with Super Predators. It doesn't really cheapens the concept cause it is not related to normal preds. As long as it stays that way fine by me. I think you won't see SPs again either.

Well we don't know entirely if the Perserve Planet is associated with just the Super Predators. It depends on your source of information. If you follow the Prequel comics, then it's revealed that both species use the planet to hunt on. If you follow the motion comic on the DVD and Blu-ray-- then it suggests that the Super Predators hunt the normal Predators on the Preserve Planet through actions. But... if you look to the Hungarian magazine interviews and read statements from Rodriguez, he did state that the normal Predators dump their outcast on the planet.. which sort of muddy things. So it's either a prison planet which was turned into a preserve planet by a rogue clan or something else.

Quote from: Master on Dec 04, 2015, 10:10:44 PM
I feel that we might get another thing to agree on Rakai. AvP-R, Predators  and Prometheus are all weakest instalments in their respective franchises. Let's hope future is kind for our tastes.

I can... somewhat agree to that. While I do like AVP-R, I do acknowledge that... it does have a lot of problems which could've been vastly improved upon and we probably would've, could've, should've gotten something much more. The Alien designs were awkward, the PredAlien design was a hastly and wrong decision made by the suits to change what perhaps could've been seen.

Master

I generally tend to refere to the movies because not all of us read some obscure comics (I have but the point still is), so by the film only it is heavily implied thats SPs turf.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Dec 04, 2015, 10:39:58 PM
I generally tend to refere to the movies because not all of us read some obscure comics (I have but the point still is), so by the film only it is heavily implied thats SPs turf.

Movies come first! That's definitely a given of course, the EU (for almost every franchise) is generally just glorified filler material.

The Alien Predator

Yeah Rakai, Godzilla is another franchise I like alongside Assassin's Creed. I also liked the 2003 TMNT cartoon series.

As for the rest of what you've said, it's fine that you don't like it. I just shared my two cents. I remember saying it before, with this franchise you do happen to be hard to please. I don't get why the Super Predators ruins it for you, I mean, Yautja don't use preserve planets, it's the rogue clan that does. And seeing as how they aren't so liked, I doubt we'd be seeing the Super Preds for a looong time if not ever.

What did you think of the Killer Clan? They pretty much behave the same way, killing things for fun, using attack dogs (trained Aliens, the BSPs did this in AvP Evolution as well). BSPs are pretty much the film's Killer Clan. Both have radically different customs and they have clashed with the more traditional Predators.

As for Prometheus, I honestly don't get why it bastardized the franchise for you... especially seeing as you liked it at first? Sure it's not a movie masterpiece but it has opened so many new doors for this series.

whiterabbit

So does anyone know anything about this movie or what?

Master

It is being made. It's directed by Shane 'Hawkins' Black and scripted by Fred 'Monster Squad/Robocop3' Dekker. Script is finished and in next few years we will have brand new film. Happens is up on us soon!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 04, 2015, 07:32:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2015, 08:49:49 AM
I just mean a film that is independent of the first 2 without necessarily doing damage to their continuity and is intended to bring back interest to the concept.

Still trying to figure out what you mean by that. As in still set in that universe but with minimal references to the previous movie like Jurassic World or... what?

As in do what most of us actually want, go to the future and tell a proper Alien vs. Predator story that doesn't have any direct links (other than the very core concept) to the 2 previous ones so that it can be watched and more importantly, enjoyed, without requiring anyone to have seen the first 2.  It can be quite easily done where it doesn't have to ruin anything from the first 2 so people such as yourself aren't upset.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 05, 2015, 07:29:30 AM
So does anyone know anything about this movie or what?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/category/predator-4/

This is everything so far.

The Alien Predator

Hicks is correct, because when you think about it, the two AvPs have pretty much told their story. They were self contained.

The first one ended in a semi cliffhanger, but even then, it left you wondering "what will happen with the chestburster?" For all we knew, it could've been found and killed, or it may have overran the ship Alien style.

Then the sequel comes, and it tells the story of what happens after. And it's also a self contained one, towards the end, humanity clears up the mess with a nuke and a corporation gains a plasma caster. What's there to really continue?

Set it in the future, you can easily explain the high tech of humanity as progress through time, and if you've seen AvP-r, you'd be able to guess the plasma caster helped. But it ain't that essential to the story.

What's essential is that it's in the future and is a good story. If AvP 3 comes out, I think it's the final chance to fix this crossover. I liked the first two, but they were so universally hated, so the third if it comes out would be the make or break for the crossover as far as films are concerned. That's how I feel about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed