Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 179,930 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: locusta on Aug 13, 2018, 10:09:29 PM
Quote from: Flap-Jack on Aug 13, 2018, 04:19:50 PM
'movies that don't fit its family-friendly, franchise-focused formula'

And Disney cast actors who were in prisons, dealt with drugs, domestic abuse, conceald weapon etc...
Family friendly my a.s

This!

And practically Walt Disney was a NAZI.

CONFIRMED.

0321recon

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 14, 2018, 02:15:27 AM

And Disney cast actors who were in prisons, dealt with drugs, domestic abuse, conceald weapon etc...
Family friendly my a.s

This!

CONFIRMED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjTtumHAcxs

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Denton Smalls

Dis is dread, mon.  Trooooly dread.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Family friendly my a.s

This!

And white slavers, don't forget they're white slavers as well!

Ingwar

Are they members of the Slavers' Guild?

Mark W.

More pointless sugar coated, dumbed down empty crap. The House of Mouse is nothing more than a sterile, cretinous monolith that seeks only the safe dollars that ensures taking no risks and where original creativity is a dangerous concept and saccharine safe and true formulas will always rule the bottom line.

Seems that they have a short memory because somewhere in the Disney vaults lie those much maligned animations good ol' Walt did to promote Nazi ideology and to lambast the jews and portray them as rats in a sewer. Not exactly family friendly at the time eh.

Naginata

I'd like to remind everyone that Disney owns Miramax, which released Pulp Fiction.

Huggs

Quote from: Naginata on Aug 15, 2018, 01:39:11 AM
I'd like to remind everyone that Disney owns Miramax, which released Pulp Fiction.

Disney allowed a lot of things over the years, but we're way beyond even the 90's now. Disney has the technology to bring nearly anything to the screen, and they've found their bread and butter in super heroes/animated movies etc. It's the biggest cash cow, and nothing will upset the apple cart. It's absolutely possible that, as far as Disney might be concerned, movies like Covenant and its modest earnings can go to blazes. They'll go make another animated movie and rake in another swift billion.

SM

Quote from: Naginata on Aug 15, 2018, 01:39:11 AM

beIN owns Miramax.

Disney hasn't own Miramax since 2010.

Tbh

The violence in the last alien was kind of out of place and felt forced in just to make it r rated.

The Old One

The Old One

What a bizarre thing to say, the Neomorphs are inherently excessively violent
due to how they infect a host and exit a host.
Couldn't disagree more.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I really don't feel like any of Covenant was excessive or felt forced at all. It all felt very much in place to me and effective. That backburst is still amazing.

Magegg

Magegg

Anything Disney do will be better than Ridley Scott's ridiculous prequels.

Like it or not, Disney makes quality products. I'm sure their scripts will be better than the last three Aliens movies' combined.

For those who say the Alien's essence demands R-Rated gore and sexual stuff... well, we had enough of that in Aliens: Covenant (which was some kind of Alien -1979- in steroids when it comes to that aspect) and it didn't pay off. It's time for a new direction...

I, personally, would accept a more sci-fi/action take/reboot of the series, even if it's PG-13; as long as the scripts are great. But I understand and respect those fans who wouldn't.

Evanus

I hope they at least let Ridley finish his ''ridiculous prequels''. Other than that, I don't hold out much hope that Disney will come up with anything interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed