AvPR DVD Release Date

Started by Darkness, Jan 31, 2008, 10:48:23 PM

Author
AvPR DVD Release Date (Read 14,717 times)

Slugworth

Slugworth

Cockroach... Yes, AvP-R was a success compared to most movies, even compared to the first AvP which earned 50 million more and was released in over 800 more theaters than AvP-R.   Compared to the other Alien movies, AvP-R didn't do as good.  Okay. so far the AvP movies have made a combined total of over 290 million dollars.... that means Fox has made a profit of over 190 million dollars.  If Fox cant give a measly 50 mill for another sequel (done right), then I've lost all hope...and David Giler and Walter Hill can suck my ****

SiL

SiL

I doubt that's the special edition, unless 29.83 is the pre-order price.  Then again, the 2-disc Spidey 3 set, with tin (and mouse pad!) was only 29.83 ...

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

Why am I continusly hear people want to have AVP into an animated series??  I generaly hate it when people transfer franchies or genres into different dimensions. Disney and a lot of other studios with a great reputation of animation abandon traditional 2-D animation and they iconic characters for cheaper 3-D animation. Sure you can do better camera and panning views, but that's just it. I perfer the handcrafted, painting, drawn feeling and characters that turn out to be more creative and inventive than 3-D. All that because they had a bad streak of films that didn't work out to begin with and can easily be fixed. In AVP's case, I perfer to see all that I love about the two creatures in big screen. And who says that the script for animated TV series will be any good compared to the two films?

cockroach

cockroach

cheers slugworth & agree fox better spend another 50m!   >:D  

Rob - - - - - -ski

Rob - - - - - -ski

To shred predator: I was just using Will Smith as an example. Call him bad? Then what would you call every actor and actress in the AVP films? Actors and actresses within the higher ranks have made the movies they star in general high earners because they are so many people want to see them in the act. How else would they be highed ranked? The reason that AVPR is limited sucess, as I quoted before, was because how small publicity they gave the films. They advetised the films only to attract their fans when they should have made it attract everyone who likes sci-fic. What makes them think they could have any success when they have trailers in small, ignored films, skip Comic-Con, and advertise all the rest to a depleted fanbase rather than the rest of the unaware world. If those ablivious newcomers watch AVPR and hate or like, then we can introduce them to the rest of the FANTASTIC, BETTER films of the Alien and Predator.

JK

JK

@p-d.james  Canada and US both are R-1 the film comes the same day in US and Canada. Go to the link if you want more info about Region code.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

p-d.james

p-d.james

yeah I know  ... but like I said i have found april 15 th on a french canadian site ...so I think thats gonna be the official date for the release ... but it'a only concerning the DVD... the blue-ray release is not mentionned on this site ...we gonna see

caliban

caliban

Not really sure if any of you will be interested but there is already a Region 3 DVD rip of AVP-R online, perfect audio & video. Not that I would advocate piracy and would recommend seeing it on the "big screen".

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

You wouldnt advocate it? Dude you just DID.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Piracy is bad mmmmmk? *Finishes downloading Golden Compass*

shred predator

shred predator

to rob ski-  I like Will Smith- he always has pretty good stuff-i was just saying I don't thhink he would work in an alien/predator film. Some of the actors in the avp's are ok- I'm just generally dissapointed in how theyThe avp's have turned out and don't feel they can be resurected now. I had High expectations for them but it seems FOX has no regard for them. I was just answering your question/comment #22 from above my comment

Ultimate-Predalien

Ultimate-Predalien

Nice I definetly have to get the collectors edition,    :)  

Ptt

Ptt

AVP-R DVD Thai edition is released for a while --> http://www.boomerangshop.com/boomweb/productdetail.aspx?pid=192985  BUT!!! It's Thai local edition (LC not pirate) that's mean it have only Thai sound and no any features with a little drop digital transfer, you can see on this page -->  http://forum.thaidvd.net/index.php?showtopic=26720&st=0#entry366154  It's the new policy from FOX that will release the TOP HIT movie first in local edition after movie is showing in theater for 1 month,in cheap price ( 5-6 dollar ) and only local dubbing.You know - for destroy the pirate dvds - (Most of you can download the bittorrent but not in Thailand, they like to buy the dvd pirates more than sit infront of the monitor and "click" download).  Also the real Zone 3 edition will be release on April.

Redfield

Redfield

from these figures, i expect there will be at least one more entry in the franchise. it hasnt done brilliantly after taking away money for marketing, but there would still be a pretty good profit from this film.

Sulaco

Sulaco

I just watched the adi slideshow on the galaxy and I'm in awe. Magnificent work, very detailed, fantastic artwork, I really appreciate the production design and hardwork these people went through, excellent job and with the avpr flaws... great visuals. WOW!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed